Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts
Wink Words/Sentiments in Stamp Sets

Has anyone ever made a list of the various sentiments or words in each stamp set and indexed it? I'm probably sounding pretty compulsive, but lately I can remember the sentiment but cannot find it in my growing stack of stamp sets! It frustrates me...and really slows me down!

I plan to work on this, but if someone else has done something on it, it sure would make my job easier...and I will share my efforts.

So if you're not excessive/compulsive like me (aren't most stampers?)...ignore this message. But if you are, let me hear from you!

Thanks a bunch! Cheryl of Delray
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have indexed all my stamp sets. I have a three-ring binder and have stamped each set on a separate page. I have divided the pages into the same categories as is in the catty: "flowers", "sentiments", etc. Each word set is stamped on a separate page and labeled at the top what the stamp set is. It makes it much easier to go through a binder than to fish through my stamp sets. This works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I believe someone was working on this... I will look and see if I bookmarked the thread

{My Gallery}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

This is the reason I separted my sentiments from the sets. I no longer "forget" I have a certain word or verse - it's right there in the proper drawer and I can see at a glance all the choices available. I did this 3 years ago and have never regreted it. This simple solution has made it easy for me to use ALL my sentiments, not just the ones I remember having! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

If you're talking about a spreadsheet -- it's on my list of Things To Do One of These Days. ;) I'm a dweeb and love spreadhseets for keeping track of my stamps and supplies -- and I, too, tend to forget which sentiment is with what set! I like to mix & match sentiments with other stamps, and have from time to time moved a sentiment out of its original set -- but always wind up putting them back. On the spreadsheet I'm contemplating, I'm also going to note what *size* the sentiment is when stamped -- so I know without digging it out whether it will fit in the spot I've got open. (Did I mention that I'm a dweeb? :mrgreen: ) If I get my spreadsheet done in the near future, I'll try to share it here -- it will be in Excel format.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylQuiltsView Post
Has anyone ever made a list of the various sentiments or words in each stamp set and indexed it? I'm probably sounding pretty compulsive, but lately I can remember the sentiment but cannot find it in my growing stack of stamp sets! It frustrates me...and really slows me down!

I plan to work on this, but if someone else has done something on it, it sure would make my job easier...and I will share my efforts.

So if you're not excessive/compulsive like me (aren't most stampers?)...ignore this message. But if you are, let me hear from you!

Thanks a bunch! Cheryl of Delray

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2007, 03:31 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittypawsView Post
I have indexed all my stamp sets. I have a three-ring binder and have stamped each set on a separate page. I have divided the pages into the same categories as is in the catty: "flowers", "sentiments", etc. Each word set is stamped on a separate page and labeled at the top what the stamp set is. It makes it much easier to go through a binder than to fish through my stamp sets. This works for me.

I'm working on this same system - time consuming, but I really feel it will make all the difference in time and frustration saved!

OP- can you post the phrase you are looking for and maybe someone will know the set?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2007, 03:32 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Words/Sentiments in Stamp Sets

I agree with kittypaws and had been stamping all my sets on cards and keeping them in categories. But that was taking sooo much time.

Ksaeger, I hope you can find the bookmark on this thread. Thanks!

Boss, I have several drawers of sentiments and find it easy to find stamps in categories for birthday, thanks, etc. But for my Stampin' Up stamps, there are so many wonderful sentiments with some sets, I like to remember them -- but like to keep sets together.

Guess I'm more like scpd! I'm a dweeb too. Love organization, because I think in the end it really helps me accomplish more...I think! No, it does. I have an Excel spreadsheet listing all my Stampin' Up! and CTMH inventory, along with my Wish Lists and orders. That really helps, and I have never regretted creating that.

So thanks, gals! Guess we all keep on doing what we need to...and what works best for us. But I love sharing and bouncing ideas with you!

Keep on stampin'! That's what we love most!! Cheryl ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2007, 04:22 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I have a list of every sentiment from every one of my sets (SU and non-SU) that I have indexed....each set has a number and they are stored in numbered sequence, and my sentiments are divided up by category, with the associated set name and number beside them. (not all have #'s yet as I started the list before I numbered my sets).

Don't know if it would be of much use to anyone but me, since it is only *my* sets, but LMK if you would like a copy and I"d be happy to send it along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2007, 05:37 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Subscribing for ideas.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2007, 03:35 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wink Sentiments/Words for Stamp Sets

Thanks, 9kids! This sounds more like what I want to do. I've started a list, but I was thinking about how to mark the boxes (SU!). I already have some non-SU stamps separated in categories like tea, baby, music, etc. So I would love to see what you have and see how it might get me on track.

I find myself flipping through my CTMH acrylics just to see (and remind myself) what I have. So I have to think about them too.

Sharing is an awesome part of SCS.

Blessings, Cheryl ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2007, 04:42 AM   #11  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittypawsView Post
That's what I want my "summer project" to be... my sets (over 150) are alphabetized and on shelves by first letter only.

I used to have them my categories but I found that the sets often crossed categories. Now I want to create a binder with alphabet tabs and an index so I can incorporate *NEW* sets easily...............not that I'll be buying any more...;)wink..wink!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylQuiltsView Post
Thanks, 9kids! This sounds more like what I want to do. I've started a list, but I was thinking about how to mark the boxes (SU!). I already have some non-SU stamps separated in categories like tea, baby, music, etc. So I would love to see what you have and see how it might get me on track.

-)
I've never tried to upload a file before, so hopefully I have done this right! Here it is:
Attached Files
File Type: doc Stampin Up Words.doc (410.0 KB, 84 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2007, 03:30 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wink Sentiments/Words in Stamp Sets

Thanks, 9kids! It downloaded fine! This is awesome and close to how I had started working on with my sets the last few nights watching TV.

I like your idea of putting an asterisk by the small sayings that fit into Word Window and small tag punch!

I have copied it into Excel, since I find it easier to re-sort in Excel. I plan to add my sets and then republish it to this thread including your sets, 9kids. Then someone can download it and just remove those they don�t have�or better yet�just move to another location�in case they ever get that set! (Always in acquisition mode with stamps, eh?!)

Ibirus, sounds like a good �summer project.� I had been stamping all my images on 4x5 cards and had put them under different categories. The problem has been flipping through these from time to time. So I haven�t updated it in six months or so. I may continue to do this (for insurance purposes) and still put them into my new Excel spreadsheet. That way I can search for a particular word or category easier. We�ll see!

So, gals, thanks for all your input! I think this is a great start for me!

Blessings! Cheryl ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Talking Dweebiness Revisited

I've set up the spreadsheets I mentioned earlier in this thread, and am finding them *very* useful! Just the other day, I was making a project that needed a sentiment of a particular size, and nothing was coming to mind. I started scanning my SU Sentiments list and found just the thing I needed. I'll try to upload a thumbnail of my spreadsheet and the project (Jr. Legal Pad jacket) so you can see what I mean. I've also done a spreadsheet for my TAC set sentiments, and am about to start one for my miscellaneous stamps, since they live in a different room and I forget them *completely* a lot of the time!

It is a time-consuming project, I'll admit (my SU list is 6 pages long) -- but once I had the system set up, it's really not much trouble to add sentiments as I get them. Since my memory is getting worse by the minute, I find it's been a *very* worthwhile investment of my time. Hope this helps someone! :mrgreen:
Attached Thumbnails
Words/Sentiments in Stamp Sets-pj-about-time-2.jpg   Words/Sentiments in Stamp Sets-sentiments-spreadsheet.jpg  

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 09:18 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have scanned all my sets in their little boxes and typed their names on the file. Put them all in a file called SU Sets and put it on my desktop. When I need something I just look over my photo files and find the one I need. I also like the idea of a paper notebook with all the stamps stamped.
Reply With Quote Likes