Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #601  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm another CTMH consultant who is her own best customer!! In fact, took time out from a card I was making to check out SCS threads.

One of my favorite things about CTMH that drew me to them was the Level 2 packets with the papers and cardstock that matched....love it. Makes it so easy to put a card together. Also, you can just match those Copics up with your paper rather easily as well.

I also love the acrylic stamps. Placement is a breeze, and if you happen to need a stamp correction (like that never happens), it's so easy with the see through stamps.

They also have nice promotions going on every so often as well, and those kits are great to add to your own stash or get as gifts for others. It's a great company that offers great products.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Good Morning Everyone -

I have been away for a few days involved in a crazy work schedule. I am so pleased to see how this thread has grown! Thanks once again to Andrew for helping to keep a great thread going. :o)

I have had the chance to get a few cards loaded. One is a remake of a previous card. I had to do the remake because my kitten ate the first one...yes...you read correctly, my kitten ate it... :o) The other posting is a Party Kit that I made for the CTMH Stamp of the Month Blog Hop. If you haven't had a chance to check out the Blog Hop give it a look....there are some great cards posted.

Have a great day everyone!
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
"Never look back unless you are planning to go that way." Thoreau
Matboard Maniac

Welcome lovetostamp3 and i also forgot about SALLY hope you enjoy been a consultant, there are some new names appearing on this thread feel free to post as often as you like about CTMH.

Kathy who only recently became a CTMH consultant brings up a valid question about how to do workshops and how to make your workshops run successfully inparticularly how i run my workshops overhere in the UK.

I guess most importantly for any workshop to be successful you need to what you are doing give yourself plenty of time to plan ahead.
I cannot give a fully comprhensive guide like how i run my workshops, because i am not a CTMH Consultant i will run my workshops very differently.

Maybe a Cosultant who is wishing to share their experience may come forward and openly share their success,but i will ty with mine BUT dont forget when you are a CTMH consultant you dont CASH AND CARRY ie buy the product from the catalogue and then sell it on,everything i believe is supposed to be ordered from the Idea Book once the workshop starts and finishes then the customer browses the catalogue
and chooses the product and you do the rest.

The way my workshops operate have a individual workshop price per customer i have to hire a hall another expense to pay out,my home is too small. Then i take the product already bought to sell to the people on my workshop this is not how you should do a CTMH workshop, you only provide the materials for the people to work with and create.

workshop guide
firstly i am sure CTMH will have some kind of aftercare how to run a workshop, maybe somone to call for advice and how a CTMH workshop works the info below is of no connection on how to run a CTMH workshop but just a guide.

Firstly plan well ahead giving plenty of time to change arrangements this could be nearly the last week or last few days i have sometimes had to completely change a whole workshop because of some people can no longer attend and have cancelled last minute.

choose a theme from the ideabook and choose the themes which you intend to demonstrate and work on the day or night.dont choose too many colours otherwise you may feel the customer feels suffercated with product.

Choose one to two stamp sets NO more to work with this makes the themes easier to prep up and make your cards DONT forget i dont scrapbook so i am not giving advice on workshops for scrapbooking.

Choose a set amount of inkpads dont use too many, choose a level 2 paper packet of your choice to match the colours of ink to the stamp sets chosen.

make sure any yemplates are printed off and each person on your workshop has one for themselves , this saves time each person can create straight away with all materials provided.
this is a tip ask the customers do they have a favourite pair of scissors because if you offer a pair of scissors and they are clumsy or very uncomfortable , you may put off a prospective customer from buying and wanting to create on your workshop.
on my workshop each person brings their own cutter and their own personal scissors.
By all means demonstrate the advantages of the CTMH Micro tip Scissors in the CTMH Idea Book, i love mine but mine stay at home i dont lend these out to anyone i have other scissors at hand shoud somone forget theirs .

I do supply the adhesive on the workshops i run,some people dont provide adesives it depends how much you can stretch your budgets.

Always make sure you have plenty of copier paper or scatch paper to do test stampin and rough work onto , you dont want to be wasting the cardstock or papers unessararily.

On my workshops i love to use colour pencils or watercolour pencils to colour in my images always try to show this option the key point of this is how advantages those colouring mediums are once purchased your customers will love you because they will use them justlike using inkpads , provided you show the potential on many workshops by including them often even if a card is using anembossing technique. colouring your images in brings life to those images which sometimes dont pop out.

Always be a polite and caring person on a workshop if you can sometimes prospective customers can be a little strained i usually bite the side of my mouth.

If anyone is struggling ,always be prepared to encourage them on even if it means you help them to complete their projects on the workshop everyone works at a different pace and speed.

There are many more key points i could list here of what i like to do on my workshops and why i feel i have success with my groups. we are all individuals we all have a different way these forementioned are not hard fast rules but hopefully a guide. At one point i have had trouble typing this out it would not stope deleting bits when i was trying to correct my spelling.So please forgive any errors in spelling i have made the typing system seems strange today??

I wish everyone much success on any CTMH workshop which you may be planning to do. Most of all have a great time and have lots of fun too.

Regards Andrew
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
They also have nice promotions going on every so often as well, and those kits are great to add to your own stash or get as gifts for others. It's a great company that offers great products.
Got to say, this is what hooked me. When was it that CTMH did the Deal Of The Day, June? Not really sure but saw someone open the boxes on youtube. What a company. I'd love to get in on those boxes of goodies. I couldn't believe what she received for the low cost. I love cool things like that.
Inking Addict

Smile

For Terri and Sally and other who may become CTMH Consultants...

Just wait until you can go to the corporate website and see all the artwork done with CTMH products. It is soooo inspiring to check the Gallery every day and see new work. It makes me just want to create with our products. And consultants chat about how to use the products, too. I've learned so very much from the Corporate website forums. AND, there are tons of online classes available to consultants on the corporate website as well. You can get a Bachelor, Master or PH.D. by taking the classes wich include classes on leadership, running your own business, stamping, scrapping, etc. The website also includes the new Studio J digital LO creator. Your digital LO is mailed to you and you can add whatever CTMH embellishments you desire. They all match.

When you new consultants get your corporate website log-ins, check it out and come back here and tell us how wonderful it is.
Stampin' Fool

I've already been able to log in. As soon as the kit is shipped, your log in is processed. In fact, I was able to log in before my upline received the notification. I'm still not sure if she's received it, though she probably has.
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckrup0945View Post
For Terri and Sally and other who may become CTMH Consultants...

Just wait until you can go to the corporate website and see all the artwork done with CTMH products. It is soooo inspiring to check the Gallery every day and see new work. It makes me just want to create with our products. And consultants chat about how to use the products, too. I've learned so very much from the Corporate website forums. AND, there are tons of online classes available to consultants on the corporate website as well. You can get a Bachelor, Master or PH.D. by taking the classes wich include classes on leadership, running your own business, stamping, scrapping, etc. The website also includes the new Studio J digital LO creator. Your digital LO is mailed to you and you can add whatever CTMH embellishments you desire. They all match.

When you new consultants get your corporate website log-ins, check it out and come back here and tell us how wonderful it is.

I ALWAYS have trouble opening what people post there, ti has something to do with photobucket(?). :( I have seen many others post on the corp BB with the same issues. Any tips? Am I looking in the wrong spot?
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacher4416View Post
I ALWAYS have trouble opening what people post there, ti has something to do with photobucket(?). :( I have seen many others post on the corp BB with the same issues. Any tips? Am I looking in the wrong spot?
Are you getting that security pop up, Denise? If so, you need to go into the Options section of your browser and then tools. There's a setting in there that needs to be changed. I can't remember what it is, but if you go to the corp BB and put "security" or pictures in the search button, it should pop up as that question comes of quite a bit. I just looked at mine and I can't remember what I changed. Or, post a message if you don't find and I'm sure somebody will pop in to let you know what needs to be changed.

Suz
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks Suz!!! Always to the rescue!!
Watercolor Wizard

I continue to work on the 20 page album. All the photos are in it, I am adding the finishing touched to it - titles, 1/4 strips were the photos and paper didn;t quite meet and you can tell, rub-ons, etc. I have just 2 eveings left to do it AND clean the entire basement for the class AND clean the whole upstairs because I have a dinner date with one of my dearest friends Sat night.

Hoping tomorrow is the day my glasses ome in, too. Then i can see my typos, lol!

Off to Jury Duty in the am. Will catch up when I get home.
Pearl-ExPert

Ugh!! I hated Jury Duty. I had it in Baltimore in 2003, and they chose me as Foreperson! It was a criminal case, for Grand Jury! Thankfully, we were done in a week, but it sure took alot out of me, and it stayed with me for a long time afterwards.
Matboard Maniac

Well, I have to share this. You folks are probably the only ones who might appreciate my angst over this. I had an order from CTMH due here in CT on March 1 that has been held up due to inclement weather in NJ. I have been checking the weather reports, Googling the heck out of that airport trying to find out what was going on. Was my precious box filled with those lovely packages of cardstock buried under snow? Would CTMH have to send me another box - another week of waiting??? Well, I am breathing easier now the UPS website says words that are music to my ears ... IN TRANSIT. Delivery scheduled for March 4. It's been a hard week you all!
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjamanTView Post
Well, I have to share this. You folks are probably the only ones who might appreciate my angst over this. I had an order from CTMH due here in CT on March 1 that has been held up due to inclement weather in NJ. I have been checking the weather reports, Googling the heck out of that airport trying to find out what was going on. Was my precious box filled with those lovely packages of cardstock buried under snow? Would CTMH have to send me another box - another week of waiting??? Well, I am breathing easier now the UPS website says words that are music to my ears ... IN TRANSIT. Delivery scheduled for March 4. It's been a hard week you all!
I just love waiting for Mr. Brown!!!!!! ENjoy those goodies, be sure to share what you got!
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
Ugh!! I hated Jury Duty. I had it in Baltimore in 2003, and they chose me as Foreperson! It was a criminal case, for Grand Jury! Thankfully, we were done in a week, but it sure took alot out of me, and it stayed with me for a long time afterwards.
I'm hoping it won;t be terrible, and I just can't be on a jury right now - it's too close to regents Exams (less than 50 days of school ledt, all you NY parents out there!!!!) I'm bringing all my grading. I hoep to at least be productive.
Watercolor Wizard

and I just go tthe call that my glasses are in...hurray!!!!!
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacher4416View Post
and I just go tthe call that my glasses are in...hurray!!!!!
Year the Mr. Magoo act is about to end! :-)
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

LOL, let's hope!!!
Rubber Obsessor

Andrew,
Thanks so much for the details on your classes. I will definitely remember your tips when planning my first class/workshop. Thanks for taking the time to respond so thoroughly. Have a great day!
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I hate, hate, hate UPS! They won't bother to come down my driveway so I told them to just pull in the drive a bit and put the boxes off the road so no one on the road can see them. I found my package on my trash can at the side of the road! They are pathetic.
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

LOL, Benjaman!!!

Suz
Matboard Maniac

The weather today is still better sun is shining a bit still COLD though but tommorow it is going to rain suprise suprise im sick of the rain. but i shall be doing some creating tommorow because on monday i am going to be demonstrating and running a small 2 hour cardmaking workshop for some newbies fingerscrossd they like my work and most importantly me ?.

Denise its a wonder your head is not in a spin all those seperate posts without your glasses, you will have to slow down girl you will make yourself go dizzy.

Benjaman i really do hope you get your goodies soon its very frustrating when you are expecting a parcel and it seems to disappear, i often wonder sometimes where my parcel goes coming from America, i track it then it sticks at the same point for days then suddenly it moves on arrives, goes through customs and eventually goes to the depot what delivery it for me. Talk about PANIC im nearly a nervous wreck checking out its travels on line every morning to evening.
I usually breath a sigh of relieve when its arrived at depot, out for DELIVERY HOOORAY my CTMH stuff is nearly home.
i do hope you get your Caprice soon i know how much Benjaman you are looking forward to that.

Kathy you are most welcome about the typing info i did it took a while but hope it is useful. Maybe now we have Quite a few CONSULTANTS who post here regularly , someone else could please give a bit of info and their ideas.

well must dash have lots to do.

Have A great day

Andrew.
Inking Addict

Benjaman, I mailed your Caprice UPS and it should arrive by the 6th. Smile!
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckrup0945View Post
Benjaman, I mailed your Caprice UPS and it should arrive by the 6th. Smile!
Thank you Carol! Can't wait to get my hands on that paper!!
Polyshrink Goddess

Denise,
In case you missed the instructions on the CTMH BB. Here's how you change the settings

in your tool bar go to:
Tools
Internet Options
Security Tab w/ "Internet" highlighted
click on "Custom Level" button
Scroll down to Misc. section
"Display Mixed Content"
choose "Enable"

Suz
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Help with Gallery

Good morning, fellow CTMH groupies! I need some advice on posting to the gallery. I am really confused about where to post. I will probably be posting scrapbook layouts, so I am wondering if I should post them in the 12x12 Scrapbook Gallery (I think that's what it is called) or in the CTMH Gallery if they use mostly CTMH products. What do you think? Thanks in advance for the help. Cheryl

Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomofonesonView Post
I hate, hate, hate UPS! They won't bother to come down my driveway so I told them to just pull in the drive a bit and put the boxes off the road so no one on the road can see them. I found my package on my trash can at the side of the road! They are pathetic.
oh how sad! I would be so mad
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathymorrisonView Post
Andrew,
Thanks so much for the details on your classes. I will definitely remember your tips when planning my first class/workshop. Thanks for taking the time to respond so thoroughly. Have a great day!
I'm new to CTMH but not new to classes by any means. For what it's worth, here is my game plan, and when I do it ALL I have much better results. I'm WAAAAY behind on my Saturday class stuff, and there will be pandemonium if I don't get it done. I'm sure of it (20 page album.)

1. Cut all pieces in advance.
Unless you are calling it a "learning class," people don't want to cuttthings. They fear the trimmer, lol! No one wants to screw up or look foolish.
2. Have a baggie, etc. for each person, with their pieces, brads, ribbon...whatever...in the bag.
Keeps you more organized, cuts down on the time people wait passing things around. If you have 6+ people, it can be a pain, and people hate to wait, lol!
3. Have a sample.
Sometimes I have one cut for me and I do it with the group. Other times, like this weekend, I have my samples pre-done. If it's layouts, I will soemtimes have both - just so people can see what a finsihed project can look like, embellishment options, etc.
4. PLastic table cloths (dollar store) and brown lunch bags taped in between seats. It's awesome for garbage. I use that at crops all the time. I also like to graph paper (not sure what it's actaully called) - goof as scrap, for measuring, stamping off the page, etc.
5. Don't have a lot of options out.
Have out what you used or add another choice (stamp, ink, theme) for variety. Puling out everything for people to use is not a ggod idea in my experience only. I SHOW people other things I have, show them EXAMPLES of what I did with it, tell the group I'm willing to use "that" product at the next class I'm running if they want to try it out.
6. Snacks.
'Nuff said? LOL!!

I hope some of these are helpful to you.

(Sorry for the typos. Waiting on the DH so I can go get my new glasses and be able to see again!)
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

That's crazy!!!!! Do you have a dirt drveway? If not, I'd call their corp office to complain, big time. You paid for shipping, they should deliver it. How can they asy it was delievred if they didn't give it to you? Our drops it and rings the bell. Then he runs. I think he mght be afraid of me.
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
Denise its a wonder your head is not in a spin all those seperate posts without your glasses, you will have to slow down girl you will make yourself go dizzy.
I have a friend who actually calls me "Dizzy D."

I find that if I don't reposnd individually I leave someone out.
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzastampinView Post
Denise,
In case you missed the instructions on the CTMH BB. Here's how you change the settings

in your tool bar go to:
Tools
Internet Options
Security Tab w/ "Internet" highlighted
click on "Custom Level" button
Scroll down to Misc. section
"Display Mixed Content"
choose "Enable"

Suz
Jury Duty has delayed everything. Thanks fo rthis info!!
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Good morning, fellow CTMH groupies! I need some advice on posting to the gallery. I am really confused about where to post. I will probably be posting scrapbook layouts, so I am wondering if I should post them in the 12x12 Scrapbook Gallery (I think that's what it is called) or in the CTMH Gallery if they use mostly CTMH products. What do you think? Thanks in advance for the help. Cheryl
I'm not too swift when it comes to uploading into a gallery other than my own. :( I would say "both," plus your own, if that's possible. Now, HOW to do that....
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone!! I had a great day today, and even got a card made! I got together with some g-friends, and we stamped, went to lunch, went back and stamped some more, then I went to Kohl's to shop! It doesn't get any better than that!! Denise, I hope you can pick up those glasses soon! I know I am lost without mine, and they are the first thing I grab every morning. Hope everyone is enjoying their new toys, either from CTMH, your local stamp store, or just from Walmart, depending on where you shop!! New toys...er..I mean essentials are always fun!! Karen
Matboard Maniac

I put a new card up on my blog today using that wonderful Veranda paper packet - I really love this one. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Oh, it's not quite completely CTMH but almost. :-) Thanks!
Stazon Splitcoast

whenever my ups guy comes and Im home, he tells me that whats going on, that deliveries has slowed down. lol I tell him just wait i'll be ordering more soon lol
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I put a new card up on my blog today using that wonderful Veranda paper packet - I really love this one. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Oh, it's not quite completely CTMH but almost. :-) Thanks!
Benjaman, you have great taste. I love the Veranda paper pack also. I love your card. I can't wait until Monday and I get to dig into my consultant kit. It will be like Christmas!
Watercolor Wizard

Great card Benjaman!!!!! Love the butterfly!!
Mad Swapper

You do great work, Benjamin!
Sally Taylor, Fun Stampers Journey Coach #1118

My FSJ site
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Benjaman, you have great taste. I love the Veranda paper pack also. I love your card. I can't wait until Monday and I get to dig into my consultant kit. It will be like Christmas!
great blog Terri
Pearl-ExPert

Benjaman, I love the card!! Nice work, and the butterfly is beautiful! I love those kinds of cards!!
Polyshrink Goddess

Great card, Benjaman!!

I just put up week #4 of the scrapbook and card challenges on my blog.

Suz