Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #81  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we should all go visit Kate and hang out at the Michael's! lol I don't think that woman would ever bother her again!

But since we can't do that - I think reporting her is the best thing! We all LOVE to browse. It's rare that I go into a M's and back out in 10-15 minutes.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 07:37 AM   #82  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by katrs5View Post
She's rotten.

BUT - if I were you, this is what I'd do. I'd make her a card and keep it in my purse. Next time I saw her - if she said something insulting or not, I'd give it to her.

I would put a nice note in it about how we all have bad days and sometimes, just a stranger's kind word is all it takes to turn it around. How you realize something is bothering her, etc... but that you hope it all works out etc.

Ok - I'd make it sound better than that. BUT - seriously, she needs some prayers.
I like this idea. It would kill her with kindness. One time I almost cut a lady off in the Tim Horton's drive thru, it was completely unintentional, and as soon as I realized I stopped & let her in. She was irate and was yelling & screaming 4 letter words at me. When I got up to the speaker to order my coffee, I told the employee that I would be paying for the lady in front of me as well. She looked so sheepish as she waved a thanks to me. It made me feel good though knowing that if she had a bad day from that point on, it was not because of me.

This lady is obviously a miserable person, with nothing better to do. If the card idea does not work. Call me and I'll come bully her back. We could be a stampin gang!!:twisted:

Clean your home without chemicals!
Find out how...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

The nerve of some people! If your like me the thought of going back into the store makes you a little sick and fearful that this lady will pounce on you again. Be brave take your time and ignore this complete basket case/ poor excuse of a crafter! Sending hugs!!

It's all just a number as long as I feel good and I'm eating healthy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #84  
Glitter Guru

That is appalling! I can't believe she is treating you this way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:19 AM   #85  
Gallery Gazer

Well. The sweet side of me would want to say something nice to her like some of the other people have eluded to.

The mean side of me would want to tell her off like the LA population.

The scared side of me would never return to the store.

The realistic side of me would go to the sales people if I saw her and say nothing at all. Let the lady's actions take care of her instead of me. I agree with GarnetJ.......it is not to your benefit to set her right. It is also not to your benefit to avoid the store. Where will you see her next the grocery store. Say NOTHING. Don't give her fuel for increased rage. You can smile and walk away like she means nothing to you. Just walk right up front to the checkouts and let them see her as she is. If they throw her out of the store it will be because they see her actions not becuase of your reports. If you do report her, do NOT do it when she is there. You don't want her to know that you were the one to report her and increase her rage. She is definitely unstable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:22 AM   #86  
Mad Swapper

Isn't the whole point of a craft store.. to INSPIRE someone? I walk around that store for an hour or more and probably stand in one aisle for 10 minutes. Sometimes I need to look at something for awhile to figure out what to do with it or how to use it.

What a rude horrible person. I would love to retort to her, but it is best to REPORT her instead to the manager of the store. That's unacceptable behavior.. especially in a craft store. Hope it doesn't happen again!

Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #87  
Glitter Guru

WOW - sorry this happened to you. That lady seems super crazed, I agree with those suggesting speak to a manager.

�So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my goodness!

In my book, hanging out in the craft store, looking at stuff and lingering is part of the fun of shopping!! Decisions, decisions, KWIM? It's one of the only times I get to go shopping without kids, so I totally linger.

Stay far away from this mean, mean lady. Be the better person!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:02 AM   #89  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

What a horrible experience. Lucky, where i live---there are a bunch of ladies who go into an aisle (esp the stamp aisle) and we just stand there and look (for way too long!!!)
That is the fun of it.

Obviously this lady has other things going on in her life to treat people so rude.

I am sorry you had to have that happen to you....I would just thank my lucky stars that I am not her (if i were you!!!)

Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #90  
Die Cut Diva

WOW! Hugs to you!

Don't let this biotch stop you from going back to Mike's, she has no claim on who can/can't shop there.

While I do agree with not confronting people who seem metally unbalanced, if she verbally harrasses you again simply look her straight in the eye & say: "My money spends the same as yours does, back off." If she gets physical again (like with the cart) - report her immediately to the manager.

If you are uncomfortable going back to the store, take a friend with you next time.

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #91  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 318 Likes on 204 Posts

She seems antisocial, schizophrenic and possibly dangerous � please be extremely cautious if you see her again. I agree with those who say you should tell the store manager � and warn the other store personnel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #92  
Gallery Gazer

I'm sorry I haven't read all of the responses so this may already have been said, but if this happens again (and I hope it doesn't) ask her to go with you to the store manager to "clarify the rules as to who can or cannot shop at the store and maybe ask the management to put up appropriate signs so that "professionals" like her are not inconvenienced and "novices" like you are given appropriate notice. She really shouldn't have to do the store's dirty work for them. If they don't want your business they should tell you to your face and before you even waste your time walking in."

Of course I'm being completley sarcastic, but if she really believes what she's saying that approach might get this wacko person to go to the manager with you and then he or she can deal with her appropriately or, at the very least, set her straight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 10:58 AM   #93  
Die Cut Diva

I am stunned that this RUDE woman would even SAY anything! I can't believe her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #94  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! Does this woman work there? If she does, I would report her to her seniors. The woman should be fired.

If she doesn't work there, I would make a card to bring with you the next time you go that says, "Bite me."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #95  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineMamaView Post
Wow! Does this woman work there? If she does, I would report her to her seniors. The woman should be fired.

If she doesn't work there, I would make a card to bring with you the next time you go that says, "Bite me."
Okay, even if she DOES work there, I would still give her the card!

And when she gets fired, you can send her a card and use the "With Gratitude" set. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #96  
Die Cut Diva

OMG I don't know if it is pure rudeness, meanness, or craziness but you should try to stay away from her if you can and definitely report her! She would be driving customers away. I am always seeing ppl browsing the aisles, I do it all the time myself. I'm thinking of projects I could make or wondering how to use an item or whatever.. so I'd be right next to you as someone who appears "not to know what she's doing". UGH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Oh my goodness!

In my book, hanging out in the craft store, looking at stuff and lingering is part of the fun of shopping!! Decisions, decisions, KWIM? It's one of the only times I get to go shopping without kids, so I totally linger.

Stay far away from this mean, mean lady. Be the better person!
Me too, lol!! I have to use a walker (with a seat) when I go out and about, and I'm sure I present quite a sight when I pull over, set the brakes, and sit down to peruse the goods, lol!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #98  
Die Cut Diva

How awful for you! This woman is horrible. However, no matter how hard it may be, just ignore her and stand your ground. You are in the right, so don't let some idiot walk all over you. Just grit your teeth, smile, and get the h--- out of her way. Just remember - you have lots of friends, and I'll bet she doesn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #99  
Crimping Master

What a you know what I think most people dont always know what they need. I am glad she is so enlightened. When I go to Archivers, I go around that store for like a hour deciding what I want. Dont let that meanie get ya down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #100  
Insane Embellisher

I'd have said "It looks like someone obviously needs to get laid and take a chill pill." and then walked away (so maybe not, but it's what I would like to say) - the second time she said something to you. I think you handled it great the first time. That woman has some issues to say what she did to you. It's not her business what you are doing there anyways. Most women lollygag around when shopping unless they are on a timed mission.

She knows you are right and has to put you down to make herself look better. I don't know why she picked you - and how sweet of that couple to buy your things.

Make a U SUCK card and if you see her again and she says something hand it to her. That might shut her up. LOL!

Vicki

Remember no time is ever wasted that makes people better friends...so we aren't all wasting our time here on SCS. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #101  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodlicoriceView Post
Holy cow! I've never heard of anyone being accosted by a crafting bully! Jen's right, the woman has issues. I can't even think of anything I'd say to her right now...:confused:
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!! crafting bully! there is a new one. This woman is a looney. Next time you see her, if she says something, I would tell her she has to show you her' pro stamper certification" that gives her the authority to even be so smug and rude and generally a bad , nasty thing. If she doesn't have one (teehee), just tell her she can't prove it, move along.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 12:14 AM   #102  
Mad Swapper

Wow that's funny because everyone has to start somewhere ...... or did she know what she was doing from the get go???? Good for you for taking the high road

I might make a card that says smile in case I see her again, but I don't think she would appreciate it :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #103  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Oh my gosh! What a horrible woman. Seriously, that woman has all kinds of issues. Jeez, I am thinking of all sorts of names for her in my head. :-P

You handled the situation so well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 02:20 AM   #104  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I laughed at the line, "This store is for people who know what they're doing!" Half the people who WORK there don't know what they're doing! LOL!
I agree with what others have said....this must be one unhappy, miserable woman who tries to make everyone else feel lousy so she'll have some company!
Our lives should be spent uplifting others and making this a better place for everyone. Anyone can have a bad day once in awhile, but since this lady attacked you twice, I guess she's having a bad life!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 02:24 AM   #105  
Gabfest Goddess

I laughed at the line, "This store is for people who know what they're doing!" Half the people who WORK there don't know what they're doing! LOL!
I agree with what others have said....this must be one unhappy, miserable woman who tries to make everyone else feel lousy so she'll have some company!
Our lives should be spent uplifting others and making this a better place for everyone. Anyone can have a bad day once in awhile, but since this lady attacked you twice, I guess she's having a bad life!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 AM   #106  
Gabfest Goddess

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 02:27 AM   #107  
Gabfest Goddess

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 02:34 AM   #108  
Gabfest Goddess

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 03:48 AM   #109  
Insane Embellisher

if she is such a professional, why is she there again?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:21 AM   #110  
Montague Mingler

I've really had to laugh as I've gone through the responses! I know how I would have felt and you were FAR nicer than I would have been, at least the second time. I would have been equally stunned the first time!

My second greatest surprise (after this woman's repeated bad behaviour) is that there was a MAN shopping in Michaels WITH HIS WIFE! Do husbands actually do that!?!?!? ;-) Mine will only do it for my birthday! LOL Seriously, kudos to them for their kindness!

Based on my years in retail (which I am totally grateful to be past!), I would suggest you speak with the store manager. Describe the incidents and the woman. Make arrangements for store security to keep their eyes open for this woman, especially when you are in the store. She seems to have targeted you for some reason - unless she has done this to others and mgmt was never informed.

Please, don't just abandon the store! Give them a chance to deal with the problem. If they blow you off, shake the dust off your feet and shop elsewhere but give them a chance. I have never met a store manager who would knowingly allow one customer to treat another like this (employees get paid - not enough, but paid - to take this kind of garbage; customers are why the store exists!)

And, like so many others, I'm sending you {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}!

My family coat of arms ties at the back... is that normal?
Reply With Quote Likes