Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2008, 05:34 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am on so many yahoo group lists that initially I didn't consider joining this one but as I re-read thru the thread I felt called to subscribe to this group. Our church is small (as in VERY small!) but we have had an active card ministry for several years and before that at another church we attended (which merged with the current congregation several years ago) I had started a card ministry and it carried over to this group. It has taken on different "faces" thru the years but all told I have been doing this ministry since my soon to graduate high school senior was in 3rd or 4th grade so I guess that's pretty long term!

Initially I met with a couple other like minded ladies and we made cards to send out, after a few sessions it ended up being just me making the cards and sending them as we seemed to never have the time to organize ourselves to get together and stamp. That was a source of stress to me as I felt overwhelmed trying to do it all in a timely fashion. Shortly afterward, I ended up as one of the co-leaders of the 5th/6th grade Sunday school. This was a wonderful group of kids (mostly girls) and they wanted to come up with ideas for a service project....well, since I was feeling that I could only handle one "ministry" at a time and had slacked off on the card ministry because of the Sunday School class I asked if they would be interested in doing a card ministry service project. They LOVED it! Once a month we made simple postcard style b-day cards (it was right after 911 when people were hesitant to send or open things in an "unexpected" envelope plus postcards are less costly to mail than cards and I was on a budget! This was a huge blessing for the kids and they often decided to send out other types of cards as well (we only had so many people to send b-day cards to...small congregation and they were rather prolific in their card making) so they would send out small thank you notes to others who were serving in the congregation thanking them, etc. and that was something which really touched both the kids and the recipients. Fast forward to now....our church merged with another and the SS kids advanced to another class, in the new church I wasn't teaching SS and initially didn't do anything in the card ministry area until another lady who knew I was a stamper asked me if I would be interested in doing a card ministry! I was very excited...she was willing to organize and host, I did the card design and prep and we met monthly at her home to make the cards with anywhere from 2 or 3 to as many as 6 helpers. She was truly an answer to my prayers for wanting to do a card ministry but lacking the time to get and keep it going! She has kept our ministry (and me!) on track with her organizing and we are still meeting regularly to make cards...b-day, sympathy, thinking of you, anniversary and welcome cards for visitors. In fact, we are meeting tomorrow morning and I can't wait to show them one of the cards we'll be doing which is absolutely perfect for an inspirational card ministry! here it is....it is set up as a birthday card now but would be perfect for inspirational/support, thinking of you, anniversary, sympathy, anything! Thanks to our OP for organizing the yahoo group and PM'ing me about it, I can't promise to be really active but I will look forward to the shared ideas. Jan
Attached Thumbnails
who has does a card ministry?-quick-easy-lighthouse.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 06:14 AM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

Jan,
Thanks for joining us!! I love your card and that set. It is on my list of things to buy on March 1st when I send in my SAB order!! I think it will be used a lot in the card ministry and I have been excited about it since I first saw it!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 06:17 AM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Has everyone joined the Yahoo group? I can't subscribe you unless you go to the yahoo site I posted above! I have not been keeping track of who has posted and who has joined. We are up to 37 memebers now!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #44  
Glitter Queen

I've been wanting to start something like this in our church. I am an SU demo- so thought I'd be the one to help get one going-just don't know how or what to do. Thanks ahead of time for all of your ideas and thanks for getting this group going. I just signed up-so hope it goes through OK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 183 Likes on 151 Posts

I just joined but didn't mention SCS cuz I didn't read the whole thread first. Sorry............
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa LoiselleView Post
I decided to post what we're doing in our card ministry. I am looking for something to fill my time until my doc's office opens in 4 hours. I need relief for a raging UTI!!!! Yikes!

Anyway, dh & I changed churches last fall. In our previous church, which was small, I made and sent birthday and anniversary cards to our members and regular attenders. I felt led from the beginning to start an encouragement-based card ministry at our new church. The head of the women's ministry approached me about it before I told anyone, so I felt that was confirmation. We had our first meeting last Saturday, and 6 ladies came. I had prepped out 2 fairly simple cards, and did a brief devotional on encouragement. The ladies made one of each card to take home, and I asked them to prayerfully consider who to send them to. A few of them approached me Sunday all excited because they knew who their cards were to go to. We also got several extra cards made that we will be sending to the missionaries our church supports.

I prepared a survey to find out what people's interests/leadings were. We've decided to meet every 2-3 months and to make cards for different purposes each time. A group of our ladies go to a nursing home in town every Friday, so at our April meeting we'll be making cards for the residents. We will also be supplying our church office with cards to send to people who are going through a difficult time.

Should I post this on the yahoo group as well?
What great ideas you have. Yes! Post to the Yahoo group lease (of course, I'm a day late.... maybe you have already done that)
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I joined just a few minutes ago. my Yahoo name is porphuropolis. If you don't know who she is check a Greek dictionary... hee hee!!!
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #48  
Splitcoast Group Leader

I'd like to join... haven't ever done a yahoo group before...but I do a card ministry...differently than I have seen here...L
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:20 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I would love to be a part of this!

I have a church card ministry that we run at our church....I have a ton of ideas and would love to be a part. I sent in a request to join via yahoo. I've never done a yahoo group, so hopefully I did it right!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just requested to join the yahoo group.

Our church has a very small ministry. One member was appointed to send get well and/or thinking of you cards to members or their family member who are ill or not able to come to church. I would love to see it expanded to having card making activities. I'm looking forward to getting to know each one of you and sharing ideas.

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

Location: Under the Hackberry Tree, Deep In The Heart Of Texas

I also requested membership in the yahoo group. I am crapstine on yahoo.

I used to use that name all the time for email, logins, etc., but it started getting filtered out or rejected. I never realized what it spelled because whenever I typed it in it looked like CRapstine. :-D My first initial and last name - looked normal to me......

Thanks,
Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 12:58 PM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess there is really no such thing as coincidence, lol. My small group met last Sunday with our priest-in-charge and the topic came up, with eyes on me. I'll go over to yahoo and sign up. Not sure how soon we'll get off the ground, but I'd love to hear about how everyone is doing things.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

THANK YOU!!!! I was just talking to my husband yesterday about doing this at our church but I was clueless as to where to start!!! I am off to join the yahoo group now.

Smiles,
Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #54  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theresa RomaniView Post
I guess there is really no such thing as coincidence, lol. My small group met last Sunday with our priest-in-charge and the topic came up, with eyes on me. I'll go over to yahoo and sign up. Not sure how soon we'll get off the ground, but I'd love to hear about how everyone is doing things.
Yeah, I'm pretty amazed at God's timing too. We had our first meeting and voila! A yahoo group! Poppin' over there right now to see what's new.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just applied for membership.

We have a group at our church called Ink Pad Missions. We meet the first Saturday of every month and make 4 different designs of cards. When we have 12 different cards made (3 months worth) we package them up and give them to the missionaries that come to our church. We also sell some in the church bookstore to help with the expenses.

I've headed up the program for 4 years now. Other than going broke, I really enjoy it. Our church isn't in the financial position to reimburse me, but that is okay, it is my ministry.

I'm looking forward to sharing ideas with all of you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #56  
Gallery Gazer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Just applied for Yahoo membership, please approve me!
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 06:37 AM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow! This is an answer to prayer. I'm moving to a very small town and have been praying about what I am supposed to do. I am blessed to have the room for a super workroom in the basement. I really believe I am to create a space where people can come, enjoy the fellowship, but accomplish something worthwhile. Your descriptions of card ministry groups fit what I have been envisioning. I'm joining the Yahoo group. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Sent in my request to join

Finally requested to be included in your Yahoo group. Would not let me keep my SCS name, so I'm curleypat. I have participated in a card ministry on several levels, but am planning to move to another smaller church in the near future. I believe if you present an idea, you should be ready to head it up initially, so I will be looking for lots of great ideas. So thankful for all the SCS members who share their time and talent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #59  
Inking Addict

Default Card Ministry

I'll go join the group. I am part of a card ministry at my church. I send cards to senior citizens that can no longer actively attend church or Sunday school due to being in a nursing home or retirement center. We also have a few shut-ins on our list. I'd love to be able to share ideas with others.

Thanks,
Nonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #60  
Crimping Master

I did subscribe to yahoo but forgot to put in the code word SCS....oppps sorry.......

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #61  
Matboard Maniac

I just signed up. deba655 will enjoy getting ideas. Thank you. deba
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=14255
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #62  
Insane Embellisher

i did join on the yahoo group page, i didn't put in my scs name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 09:12 AM   #63  
Inking Addict

Default Forgot the SCS

I just joined a few minutes ago and failed to put the SCS in the title too. Now I've gone back to Yahoo but can't figure out how to go back and add it. It just says your membership is awaiting approval from the moderator. Help!

Thanks,
Nonnie

My yahoo name is mynonnie516
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #64  
Mad Swapper

I applied to the yahoo group! Thanks for doing this!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

I run the card ministry at my church. Joining the yahoo group...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 07:07 AM   #66  
Rubber Obsessor

Just joined as lindafromgeorgia. Looking forward to hearing from everybody.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 07:35 AM   #67  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just joined--as this has been in the back of my mind for several weeks. Sometimes God sends angels to whisper in our ears . . . and perhaps this is the way the Lord is leading me. I look forward to sharing ideas with you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #68  
Kookie Creator

I just sent my request to join also. I too didn't add SCS to mine. Oh, and my yahoo id is porchia101.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #69  
Embossing Fanatic

I just joined the Yahoo group. I want to start a card ministry at my church. I'm not sure how active I'll be, but I'd love to share ideas with everyone.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #70  
Kookie Creator

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #71  
Rubber Obsessor

I joined, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #72  
Pearl-ExPert

I joined the Yahoo group, but if it is ok with the OP, would like to keep this as an active thread. I have a church meeting Monday to discuss card ideas, so if anyone has some current designs, I would appreciate your help. Also, maybe a list of some of the Bible verses you often use.

I am definitely using the Lighthouse and The Flight of the Butterfly saying - If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #73  
Mad Swapper

The yahoo group seems to have died.
There hasn't been much conversation on there in months.

(and yes I am one of the guilty ones that hasn't contributed)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #74  
Glitter Queen

I just went on and joined for my church. They will be so pleased as we have a membership of around a thousand and no one does this. As I stated in my statement, I was paralyzed in a car accident about five years ago; and since then they have been there so much for me and my family. We could never give back for all they have done. But I think between me and a couple of other ladies we could do this for bday's, anniv, people in the hospital etc. I would love to feel like I am doing something to give back to God and the church

Marie Fair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #75  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaisleyPrincessView Post
The yahoo group seems to have died.
There hasn't been much conversation on there in months.

(and yes I am one of the guilty ones that hasn't contributed)
I am sorry about the yahoo group and the lack of activity there. For months I have been meaning to post there to see if anyone would like to take it over. I have, sadly, turned over the card ministry to a friend of mine after a TON of Hallmark cards were donated to our church. I went back to college a year and a half ago and have gradually been increasing my work load. I am so sorry!! I would be happy to turn the group over to anyone that would like to run with it. It is really easy to have a yahoo group! Please let me know either here or on the group.

Thanks and again, I am so sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 183 Likes on 151 Posts

Our Card Ministry meets monthly to make all sorts of cards. We take care of about 15 shut-ins each month then do an assortment of cards that may be needed. We've been needing lots of sympathy cards as well as Thank You cards. The Pastors or heads of ministries can use them to thank people for what they've done. We also make Christmas and Easter cards for the widows and widowers of the church. I enjoy using Our Daily Bread verses. I invested in some sets from Kelley and really love the flexibility of using them with my SU sets. Feel free to pm me or ask on this link if you have any questions. I've attached three of my latest samples.
Attached Thumbnails
who has does a card ministry?-praying-lighthouse_small.jpg   who has does a card ministry?-praying-evergreen_small.jpg   who has does a card ministry?-pink-sympathy_small.jpg  
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #77  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow - in just the past day, seven people have posted. I'm on SCS every day so it's easier for me to check here than on Yahoo. You do have a full plate, scout pup! Continued best of luck with school! Guess it would be a good idea for someone to continue to monitor the Yahoo group since a lot of us initially signed up. Or maybe post that we have come back to SCS?
Thanks, bensarmom, for posting your cards. Love the lighthouse! I have the hardest time with sympathy cards - they are too flowery or too stark. I will have to check on Daily Bread - have gotten some images - their stamps are very detailed. And, I really like the new SU Thoughts & Prayers - it will be on my first order. pat
Reply With Quote Likes