Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   White gloves for Martha (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/white-gloves-martha-244762/)

Joeknee 05-01-2007 03:02 AM

I'm going this weekend to take a peek. (The store's kinda far from me) I am one of the Martha fans... too bad hubby's going with me.... I won't be able to make an excuse for all the money that I "lost"....

Suzy_H 05-01-2007 03:33 AM

Shannon is this at Bayer's Lake? How funny!

Joan B 05-01-2007 03:50 AM

Where would one BUY white gloves? I haven't seen those in years!!

mungojerry 05-01-2007 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B

I'm sure they are the type used for handling items that are archival in nature. You can get white cotton gloves at the camera store for handling negatives and such.

Shannon E 05-01-2007 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_H
Shannon is this at Bayer's Lake? How funny!

It was at Bayers Lake! They were slow to get things out, the new Dartmouth store had it out last Monday. You'll have to go check it out, the punches are really nice.:D

JanTInk 05-01-2007 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Touch�! ;)

Seriously, tho, I didn't touch them with any ulterior motive--I just naturally, often times subconsciously, reach out and touch things when I'm considering buying, cuz I'm a tactile individual and a curious one . . .

At CHA, I was admiring these really cool embellishments the owner of a stamp company had on her Tshirt, as she leaned forward to show them to me, without even thinking, I reached out my hand in fascination to touch them, as they looked like dew drops. Soon as I did, I nearly died in embarrassement, considering where they were prominently clustered on her shirt . . . :oops:

BWAHAHAAAHHHH!:mrgreen:

bluesh4rk 05-01-2007 07:24 AM

Don't mean to hijaak but what does one use glassine paper for? I pawed my share of Martha stuff at Michaels yesterday too. I bought three punches and some glitter.

JulieHRR 05-01-2007 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesh4rk
Don't mean to hijaak but what does one use glassine paper for? I pawed my share of Martha stuff at Michaels yesterday too. I bought three punches and some glitter.

Glassine paper is frequently used in packaging food gifts--it prevents oils from baked goods from getting on other things. For example, if you want to box some cookies, wrapping them first in glassine paper prevents oil spots from appearing on the box itself, and possibly transferring to things you'd rather not get oil onto. It can also serve as a barrier to keep things from sticking together, like caramel apples, etc.

It's very similar to wax paper.

It is also used to make envelopes to store postage stamps and other types of printed matter.

HTH,

bluesh4rk 05-01-2007 07:48 AM

Thanks for the info Julie!

quietlystamping 05-01-2007 08:18 AM

I've always wanted a readily available source of glassine paper as I do give baked goods for gifts. So glad Martha included it in her collection!

JulieHRR 05-01-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quietlystamping
I've always wanted a readily available source of glassine paper as I do give baked goods for gifts. So glad Martha included it in her collection!

Comes in pur-deee colors, too!

All the food packaging products were very nice! I loved the cupcake boxes!

JulieHRR 05-01-2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
BWAHAHAAAHHHH!:mrgreen:

Well, laff at my expense, you may! ;)

I really was mortifed, tho . . .
:oops:

JulieHRR 05-01-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B

I can't remember where I got the last pair, but I remember they weren't as hard to find as I thought they would be. My daughter needed them when she was part of a bell choir! :grin: