Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   White gloves for Martha (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/white-gloves-martha-244762/)

Shannon E 04-30-2007 01:45 PM

White gloves for Martha

The white glove rumour is true!! I was at Michaels today and they were putting out the goods with their white gloves on!:rolleyes:

emmiestamps 04-30-2007 01:56 PM

So silly!

StampinHay79 04-30-2007 01:58 PM

oh my goodness...that is crazy!

kysmom 04-30-2007 01:58 PM

Oh Martha, once us ladies get out hands on your schtuff, there will be fingerprints all over it anyways!!! Well, mine were once I was done in there!

jfm813 04-30-2007 02:00 PM

Kinda makes you want to run thru and touch everything, doesn't it!

StampinHay79 04-30-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfm813

ha ha ha...very true!!!!:mrgreen:

JulieHRR 04-30-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfm813

Actually, I did. But, I didn't run. ;)

mungojerry 04-30-2007 02:18 PM

You know, it is a bit quirky. But, it's her. And, it's somewhat brilliant because everyone has been talking about her stuff non-stop since last week. I'll just continue to enjoy her, and her stuff. I still regret not getting that little scalloped circle punch and the glittering stickers. :D

JulieHRR 04-30-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mungojerry
You know, it is a bit quirky. But, it's her. And, it's somewhat brilliant because everyone has been talking about her stuff non-stop since last week. I'll just continue to enjoy her, and her stuff. I still regret not getting that little scalloped circle punch and the glittering stickers. :D

Agreed!

Arencha' gonna make another trip so you can get the stuff you didn't on the first run? ;)

Oscar T. Grouch 04-30-2007 02:28 PM

plain bare hands at my Micheals:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

MadameCraftyPants 04-30-2007 02:38 PM

One of my best friends is a regional manager for Michael's and said the rumor was just that - a rumor. No "white glove" treatment was mandated or even suggested.

Mom2Men 04-30-2007 02:56 PM

The girls at my Mike's were all bare handed and when I mentioned something about the white gloves, they looked at me like I had two heads and thought it was hysterical.

grannypat 04-30-2007 02:56 PM

i THOUGHT ABOUT THE SCALLOPED CIRCLE PUNCH ALSO. gRANNYPAT

chickers089 04-30-2007 02:57 PM

I think it'd be funny to stand behind someone stocking a shelf and as soon as they put something up, touch it. And continue until they have the whole display up. Hmmmm, this could be some fun entertainment!

mungojerry 04-30-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Agreed!

Arencha' gonna make another trip so you can get the stuff you didn't on the first run? ;)

It's taking everything I have not to run up there tonight. I'm trying to formulate an excuse as I type.:cool:

MaryEileen 04-30-2007 04:05 PM

Our local Michael's is all set with the Martha goodies. The displays are beautiful, but the large pages for the scrapbook were all slumped over and when I mentioned it to an employee, she just shrugged. Martha wouldn't think , "it's a good thing". All the comments about people touching and coughing on the displays are amusing, but Martha isn't the one who will be taking them into her home. I'm not a Martha fan, but did buy 2 punches.

imataloss 04-30-2007 04:12 PM

They had white gloves @ my M's, but they were just used to put the lucite signage up so it didn't get scratched or finger printed. They did NOT use them to put the merchendise on the shelves.

JulieHRR 04-30-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEileen
Our local Michael's is all set with the Martha goodies. The displays are beautiful, but the large pages for the scrapbook were all slumped over and when I mentioned it to an employee, she just shrugged. Martha wouldn't think , "it's a good thing". All the comments about people touching and coughing on the displays are amusing, but Martha isn't the one who will be taking them into her home. I'm not a Martha fan, but did buy 2 punches.

Touch�! ;)

Seriously, tho, I didn't touch them with any ulterior motive--I just naturally, often times subconsciously, reach out and touch things when I'm considering buying, cuz I'm a tactile individual and a curious one . . .

At CHA, I was admiring these really cool embellishments the owner of a stamp company had on her Tshirt, as she leaned forward to show them to me, without even thinking, I reached out my hand in fascination to touch them, as they looked like dew drops. Soon as I did, I nearly died in embarrassement, considering where they were prominently clustered on her shirt . . . :oops:

Shell 04-30-2007 04:30 PM

ROTFL!! That's funny, Julie!! I'm sure she was fine with it, though. After all ... it was you doing it!

At our Mike's, some had gloves and some didn't. I thought it was weird when I saw them doing it. Dumb in my opinion, but ..whatever. I'm not paying for the gloves. LOL!!

chrisations.ink 04-30-2007 04:36 PM

ROTFWL

I bet the white gloved store clerks are all giddy to know that they've started a rumor!

Haven't seen the MS stuff yet. Still trying to be cautious with my bucks, but you all keep talkin' about this scalloped punch!!!

chrisations.ink 04-30-2007 04:38 PM

Yeah, Shell, maybe we are paying for the gloves . . . .

Shell 04-30-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisations.ink
Yeah, Shell, maybe we are paying for the gloves . . . .

LOL!! Not me ... not yet, anyway. I saw them putting it out, but I've not bought any of it so far.

I have a Cricut, so I don't need the scallop punches. One of the cartridges has circles and squares - from 1" to 5 1/2".

I'm resisting the MS stuff ... right now. :)

chrisations.ink 04-30-2007 04:50 PM

I'm with you on this as well. Gotta look in to Cricut. Oops, sorry Martha.

Shell 04-30-2007 04:51 PM

Christine - I LOVE my Cricut. If you are interested, there is a great Cricut Chatter thread in the tools section. You can ask questions or whatever there. There's also a Cricut FAQ thread over there.

chrisations.ink 04-30-2007 04:54 PM

Thank you very much - I'm off to take a look!

dianerh 04-30-2007 05:15 PM

Julie--I actualy LOL on that one!!! Now THAT sounds like something *I* would do!! ;-)

Shannon E 04-30-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadameCraftyPants
One of my best friends is a regional manager for Michael's and said the rumor was just that - a rumor. No "white glove" treatment was mandated or even suggested.

I was just there today and I saw it with my own eyes! I even said to the two men putting up the display, "So the white glove rumours are true!"
They laughed and said yes....
I should have taken a picture, we all would have gotten a good laugh about it!:eek:

Faereygirl 04-30-2007 06:38 PM

I actually work at Michaels and I asked my store manager if the white gloves thing was true and she said it was! They didnt have to stock the shelves wearing them, just to put up the signage and the background paper.

I even got my own little handy dandy guide to the product and how to sell Martha Stewart crafting items. I demoed some of the stuff on Saturday and it was really nice to work with!

Didn't sell alot....people really started to bother me when they walked into the aisle and said to me..."I hate Martha Stewart!" I wanted to ask why they bothered then....but I was getting tired and cranky so I kept my trap shut! ;)

jent 04-30-2007 07:24 PM

White gloves at our local Mike's as well. Just for the signage though not the actual product.

Cynamom 04-30-2007 07:29 PM

Ha ha... I touched it all enough today for the entire SCS membership. Martha probably has my prints in some secret crafting database now! :)

JulieHRR 04-30-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faereygirl
I actually work at Michaels and I asked my store manager if the white gloves thing was true and she said it was! They didnt have to stock the shelves wearing them, just to put up the signage and the background paper.

I even got my own little handy dandy guide to the product and how to sell Martha Stewart crafting items. I demoed some of the stuff on Saturday and it was really nice to work with!

Didn't sell alot....people really started to bother me when they walked into the aisle and said to me..."I hate Martha Stewart!" I wanted to ask why they bothered then....but I was getting tired and cranky so I kept my trap shut! ;)

I envy you, Jessica! I would have loved to demo the stuff--so fun! Sorry you had to deal with snarky remarks from people. That's never easy. :(

I guess on the flip side, that just means more MS for those of us that love it! :mrgreen:

There was no one demoing at the store I was at, but, I'm sure if you'd been there, you would have easily enabled me that into buying that stuff I was thinking about getting! ;)

So, tell me what you like best, now that you've had a chance to play with it! I'm all ears!

JulieHRR 04-30-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynamom
Ha ha... I touched it all enough today for the entire SCS membership. Martha probably has my prints in some secret crafting database now! :)

But, did you GET any of it, silly????

Jeanne S 04-30-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Touch�! ;)

Seriously, tho, I didn't touch them with any ulterior motive--I just naturally, often times subconsciously, reach out and touch things when I'm considering buying, cuz I'm a tactile individual and a curious one . . .

At CHA, I was admiring these really cool embellishments the owner of a stamp company had on her Tshirt, as she leaned forward to show them to me, without even thinking, I reached out my hand in fascination to touch them, as they looked like dew drops. Soon as I did, I nearly died in embarrassement, considering where they were prominently clustered on her shirt . . . :oops:

Julie copped an embellished feel........hehe

JulieHRR 04-30-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
Julie copped an embellished feel........hehe

(shrieking! And, then ROTFL hysterically . . . )

Cynamom 04-30-2007 08:09 PM

Heck yes I got some, Julie! :) Let's see.... I got three spools of twill "ribbon" (pink, green and white), decided to try one of the glues (my DD can have it if it's a bust), the cornflower punch, cute summery stickers and some see through sort of flowers in two color schemes. I know, not enough, but self-control is my middle name (well, really, it's Ann... but...)

Now off to find another Michael's soon. And there better be a coupon next weekend!

Jovi 04-30-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar T. Grouch
plain bare hands at my Micheals:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Same here... No white gloves at my Michaels ;)

JulieHRR 04-30-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Heck yes I got some, Julie! :) Let's see.... I got three spools of twill "ribbon" (pink, green and white), decided to try one of the glues (my DD can have it if it's a bust), the cornflower punch, cute summery stickers and some see through sort of flowers in two color schemes. I know, not enough, but self-control is my middle name (well, really, it's Ann... but...)

Now off to find another Michael's soon. And there better be a coupon next weekend!

Oh, I think the see-through flowers are made from colored glassine paper! I paw'd those, too! Darn--I gotta get back there!!! Argh!

Hey, my middle name is Ann, too! :mrgreen:

JulieHRR 04-30-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi
Same here... No white gloves at my Michaels ;)

what did you get, Jovi?

kysmom 04-30-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

They are not going to accept coupons on Martha Stewart products.... sucks, huh??

ScrappinMomma75 04-30-2007 08:38 PM

I have been in 2 different Michaels in our area, and at both they were putting out Martha's new line, and none of the employees were wearing white gloves. I don't think there is anything to it here in Alabama.