Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What would you like to see in the new catalog? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-would-you-like-see-new-catalog-304192/)

tay0479 02-13-2008 02:50 PM

Lighthouses/Ocean
In color markers
Get Well/Sympathy
Masculine

miamiscrapper 02-13-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiowa81 (Post 7859907)
VINTAGE! As in Victorian, Art Nouveau, or Art Deco. I ain't holding my breath, though.

I second this! I would also like to see more nature, vines and trees ;)

scrappycat6 02-13-2008 05:50 PM

Hamsters would be nice, realistic cats and dogs, less flowers for sure!! I love the multi-occasion sets like "Loads of love" and the retired jar set. Some more chicken stamps would be nice.
Becki

santakitty 02-13-2008 08:47 PM

More 'filler' set to go with Loads of Love & maybe a retro vehiclel (VW Bug convertible) that would work with the Loads of Love 'fillers'; some traditional Americana & a good military set;

monkeymama 02-14-2008 07:31 AM

Not sure what I'd like to see, but do know that this last catty didn't have as much stuff that *I had to have* as usual! I love the Fishy Friends type sets and love the florals. Also, love the all occasion type sets as you can get a lot of mileage from these.

Marshaspeck50 02-14-2008 07:53 AM

More sets to color with instead of bold shapes! And less doodlie styles, although the free set that they sent out didnt give me much hope.......[/QUOTE]

I love things that you can color as well. I love to color. I also would like to see a list of what stamps will fit what punches. They could put a list right in the catalog for us.

daquiri35 02-14-2008 07:55 AM

Does SU have a suggestion spot on their site? Sounds like they need one.

I would love to see a very elegant Sympathy set ..one for Pet Sympathy cards too.

I like images I can color. A seashell collage would be neat, paired with a grassy beach scene.

I agree with others about the needed accessories:
IC markers and ink spots
1/4" grosgrain ribbon and brads in all colors
WCP and color pencils that match all colors

Marshaspeck50 02-14-2008 08:32 AM

As I was sorting my scraps by color, I got to thinking about the old retired colors, (mint medley, mauve mist, rose romance, etc.) Even if it were a special for one year I would like to see some of these colors availble in the full line again (markers, re-inkers, pads, cs, watercolors). I would use the mint and mauve a lot I am sure.

akmills 02-14-2008 08:47 AM

i would like to see a complimentary set to "holiday blitz" with phrases to go with the pictures. i could really use an all occasion set.

meluvstampin 02-14-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquiri35 (Post 8768268)
Does SU have a suggestion spot on their site? Sounds like they need one.

I would love to see a very elegant Sympathy set ..one for Pet Sympathy cards too.

I like images I can color. A seashell collage would be neat, paired with a grassy beach scene.

I agree with others about the needed accessories:
IC markers and ink spots
1/4" grosgrain ribbon and brads in all colors
WCP and color pencils that match all colors

YES, you can email suggestions and ideas to

[email protected]

I have emailed stamp set ideas to them already. Then they forward it to the appropriate department. I do not know how much it helps but it is defintely worth a try.

TexasGrammy 02-14-2008 05:14 PM

* Sets that suit masculine styles .... not all men are "hunters" or 'golfers'.

* Sets with coordinating papers & punches. I find that customers feel that they can use these items quickly & feel very creative!

Marthar 02-14-2008 05:33 PM

Ditto on mmre realistic cats/dogs, masculine, and coffee. My wish is for chicken/rooster stamps.

beckaroni 02-14-2008 06:58 PM

2nd thought

I would also love to see more 2 step stamps and stamps that goes with the punches they sale. Some get well stamps and sympathy would be nice. The words inside and outside included with the stamps. A set that you could intermingle like "Hope you are having a great birthday on the mend thinking of me because I'm thinking of you etc. etc. So we could have some outside words that fit with inside words on cards. Bring back the embossing powder sets.

tusky2 02-14-2008 07:30 PM

I'd like to see more card samples in the catalog that are a little more involved. I'm not a fan of simplistic cards, which the majority of the examples are. I like lots of embellishments, embossing, layers, etc.

PinkyPapers 02-14-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammy (Post 8774725)
* Sets that suit masculine styles .... not all men are "hunters" or 'golfers'.

Yes! Maybe some sets for techies and trekkies . . . how about a motherboard background?

sirsmiley21 02-14-2008 10:48 PM

A set for retirement...its a good thing i dont anyone retiring yet cuz i dont see any....
also
a heart punch?
has su ever had one?
if not why?

TexasGrammy 02-14-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPapers (Post 8778863)
Yes! Maybe some sets for techies and trekkies . . . how about a motherboard background?

:lol: The "motherboard" ... that would work for my DH!!!

Thanks for the giggle!

Sirsmiley21 ... yes ... a few years ago SU did have a 'folk art" heart punch. Even though I have a couple of heart punches now ... I find that I restrict their use to Jan./Feb. just because of their seasonal "appearance" though.

bratus913 02-15-2008 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anemone (Post 7856601)
New hedgehogs
A figure skating set
A mix&match (kinda pick-a-petal idea) Easter egg set
More mix and match sets of all different kinds

I couldn't agree more on the figure skating set. It seems to me that every sport is represented somewhere except for skating. And believe me, I've tried looking everywhere.

TexasGrammy 02-15-2008 05:06 AM

Shhhhhh!

I am a "silent" admirer of the sport of figure skating! I began FS lessons 4 years ago .... yep ... 4! While in front of a reknowed coach 3.5 years ago, I fell backwards. Glasses went flying across the ice. When I regained consciousness ... an internationally acclaimed olympic coach was asking me if I could stand on the ice .... or should she seek assistance??

All this to say that "figure skating" remains a fascination for me ... even though I realize that I will never be accepting anyone's gold medal! ;) However, I am always attracted to those sets, as I now participate on the sidelines only! ;)

peggy-sue 02-15-2008 08:27 AM

I would like more music stamps with more detail. Also more masculine stamps and a nice detailed mother and daughter stamp. I really wish organdy ribbon would come back!

akmills 02-15-2008 10:51 AM

Definitely would like to see more masculine stamps, my boyfriend hates golf and casually goes fishing, and is not really an outdoorsy sort of man maybe bring back the nascar like sets, or like has been mentioned before something techy?
Although I'm sure that I would be one of the few, I would love to see a rugby set. and maybe an artists set like with a paintbrush and palette, etc.

bratus913 02-15-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammy (Post 8779792)
Shhhhhh!

I am a "silent" admirer of the sport of figure skating! I began FS lessons 4 years ago .... yep ... 4! While in front of a reknowed coach 3.5 years ago, I fell backwards. Glasses went flying across the ice. When I regained consciousness ... an internationally acclaimed olympic coach was asking me if I could stand on the ice .... or should she seek assistance??

All this to say that "figure skating" remains a fascination for me ... even though I realize that I will never be accepting anyone's gold medal! ;) However, I am always attracted to those sets, as I now participate on the sidelines only! ;)

TexasGrammy - that is hysterical! Trust me, I do NOT get on the ice. The figure skater is my daughter. But she has given me a reason to 'out' my love of the sport!

mkndb78 02-15-2008 03:52 PM

Coffee, Cappuccino, Latte

Playing Cards / Poker

Kids playground (slides, swings, tricycles, etc)

I can never get enough flower stamps

Christian / Scripture / Encouragement

Tools for manly sets

Houses / New Home

Journaling Boxes

Dishes, teapots, cups, mugs, silverware

Country / Primitive Shapes, Animals, Houses, Flags

Winter sledding, mittens, hats, snowshovels

Crayons, paint brushes, markers, easels

Kiddie pool

Americana

Books, Love of Reading, Kids reading

Nursery Rhyme Characters

Emoticons

Shoes & Purses & Hats

Breast Cancer Awareness

Popcorn, pretzels, snacks

*****Oh my, where will I put all of these new sets!

Joan B 02-15-2008 04:10 PM

I love threads like this where we all imagine we are stamp designers. Too much fun!

Let's see -- some math and science stamps.

Book lovers set, with sentiments shaped for bookmarks

adirondack style chair on a porch that I can color in!

Bowls of stuff -- like cherries, grapes -- not too big and not too small (goldilocks here!!)