Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What would you like to see in the new catalog? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-would-you-like-see-new-catalog-304192/)

Kittypaws 11-29-2007 03:43 PM

What would you like to see in the new catalog?

I would like to have realistic cats and dogs and a realistic seaside set - shells, tropical fish (I love my Fish Frolics), etc. I would also like to see less cartoonish sets. What would you like to have in the new catty?

ebethneu 11-29-2007 03:46 PM

Ditto on the animal sets, I dont care for the cartoon style!

More sets to color with instead of bold shapes! And less doodlie styles, although the free set that they sent out didnt give me much hope.......

Anemone 11-29-2007 03:49 PM

New hedgehogs
A figure skating set
A mix&match (kinda pick-a-petal idea) Easter egg set
More mix and match sets of all different kinds

zipperc98 11-29-2007 03:50 PM

Yes yes, I totally agree! I would also like to see some sets related to women and shopping/chocolate (I know they have had these in the past, but I missed out and now I want more!). Some type of basic shapes set would be nice. I am also kicking myself for not getting the computer stamp set that just retired. I need some stamps that would be great for making guy cards, that dont require a lot of effort or thought to come up with it (I dont think out of the box very well).

I am sure there will be lots more. I love accessories, so the more the merrier. Some fun shaped brads perhaps? oh and more punches. Love them!

lcmdws 11-29-2007 03:50 PM

Less cartoons, more realistic sounds good for pets and people. Another thread somewhere here is looking for dog sympathy - something that would make up into pet sympathy would be a cool set. I would like to see more of the kind of sets you can color in - like the present Thanksgiving set - more detail. Guess it won't be long til we can find out what SU! has done.

lcmdws 11-29-2007 03:52 PM

Great idea about the easter egg set -

scrappykat 11-29-2007 06:28 PM

A patriotic set, a nice wedding set...

lilstamp 11-29-2007 06:43 PM

I would love to have a graduation set and also a more masculine type of set.

StampinHay79 11-29-2007 06:53 PM

More masculine sets

I could kick myself for not getting Like it a Latte so I wish there would be another coffee set..probably not in the Spring/Summer...even though coffee is great year round

I also agree with Scrappykat...a patriotic set would be nice!

oufansintx 11-29-2007 07:22 PM

A nice "get well" set. I don't really have interest in making sympathy cards, but I like to make things when people are sick or have had surgery.

Also a set with some fireworks for New Years/July 4th.

Pam

annieht 11-29-2007 07:25 PM

I agree with more stamps to color. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/e/excited.gif

homestead 11-29-2007 07:30 PM

I'd love, love, love to see Yukon come back. At least something like it. Have you seen the prices people are paying for it on ebay. Amazing!

missiowa81 11-29-2007 07:35 PM

VINTAGE! As in Victorian, Art Nouveau, or Art Deco. I ain't holding my breath, though.

danalangdon 11-29-2007 07:47 PM

I would love more images that my 13 year old son would think is Cool. Guitars, skulls, mp3 players, flames...

Mis.ty 11-29-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oufansintx (Post 7859749)
A nice "get well" set. I don't really have interest in making sympathy cards, but I like to make things when people are sick or have had surgery.

Also a set with some fireworks for New Years/July 4th.

Pam

I agree ... I would like to see my sympathy sets. I also would like to see that white organdy ribbon back. How about more organizational storage items? Such as different ink pad storage units. I really would like MORE solid stamps and LESS colour in stamps ... just me. More sentiment stamps. More verses for birthdays. Some really neat Mothers' day and Fathers' day stamps.

Oh there is so much more ... can't wait. :shock:

lazylizard 11-29-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiowa81 (Post 7859907)
VINTAGE! As in Victorian, Art Nouveau, or Art Deco. I ain't holding my breath, though.

I agree! It seems like SU must not keep good artist or designers long, because all the sets I love the most seem to go by the wayside and all those simple single lined drawings that I could probably do myself seem to be what's hot! Not for me though! Bring back more of the sets like coast to coast styles, the stippled, and the vintage collage types. I love flowers but enough is enough.

gwtwdebbi 11-29-2007 08:07 PM

Less cartoon ones. Realistic animal sets (especially dogs). Marti Gras set. Retirement set.

maccreative 11-29-2007 09:01 PM

I'm crossing my fingers for music stamps. Do you know how many kids take piano or guitar lessons? I'd really like good classical instrument images...violin, drums, flute, piano, guitar. Something more than just a treble clef. :-)

I'd love to see some real faces -- especially women. Not cartoon-like faces, but artsy, swirly and with detail.

More trees and leaves. I still love the Lovely As A Tree, but could sure use another realistic tree set.

Oh, yes, and an updated travel set.

I'm really looking forward to the new catalog!

dorworth 11-29-2007 09:03 PM

One of the biggest things I would like to see is an unmounted option for all the stamps. I unmount all my retired sets and even some that aren't retired; I can't help it my home is very small :) An 8x8 scrapbook option would be nice too. I also think we should get watercolor pencils for all the colors and we need markers for the In Color don't you think? I agree with alot of the other posts; I love all the doggie stamps. More verses is a must for any frequent card sender. Other than that as long as the stamps don't look like the Charming Children set I will be happy LOL.

scrappy knitter 11-29-2007 09:05 PM

Penguins. Love them.
Ditto on dogs. Without kids, our dog is rather spoiled and the current set is so not my style!
Hiking. We do tons of that too.
Canadian patriotic stuff would be very nice for a change.

Debra Cherney 11-29-2007 09:09 PM

I agree with most all of what's been posted. I would love more masculine sets, realistic animals especially, a nice coffee/tea/hot chocolate set, a really great wedding set, a graduation set that's fun, another Hedgehog or Penguin set would be awesome.

I also agree with most of you on the stick figures ? I would never buy them.

I know its a matter of taste but look at the sets that go for big buck on Ebay:
Horses, Fishing, Sailing, Animals, Dragons, Coffee, etc.

LateBlossom 11-30-2007 03:17 AM

Something different!

annheidel 11-30-2007 03:22 AM

Theatre! I really need a good theatre set. :)

meluvstampin 11-30-2007 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappykat (Post 7859020)
A patriotic set, a nice wedding set...

I also agree on the Patriotic set. And I would like to see another nice set related to skateboarding and motorcrossing. I have boys

pigfingers 11-30-2007 04:41 AM

I would like to see more of certain artists and less of others -- regardless of what the image is, I DEFINITELY have my faves and not so faves in that aspect!

NO MORE: For instance, no more double-lined stuff that looks like a child drew them like Punch Pals and Baby Jesus is Born. I really don't care for that at all. I like really professnional looking or elegant like Peaceful Wishes or even drawn like It's Snow time or Holiday Tag Team is fine. Page 60 and 61, whoever that artist is I can do without as well.

MORE: Would love more kid sets. I am getting some for my DD and so far By Land for me and DS and the All in the Family set, maybe the pirate set, circus train, silly sealife -- but after that I will want more sets. Again, Yappy Day and Here Kitty Kitty is such a big NO. More kitty and doggy sets but NOT that.

Joan B 11-30-2007 04:57 AM

for wood mounted, I like scenes, more realistic, like lighthouses and bridges and cabins. I also love when SU makes stamps that coordinate with embellishments.

SophieLaFontaine 11-30-2007 05:46 AM

More artwork from the artist who did Silly Sealife or Knobbly Gnomes.

Tracyg 11-30-2007 05:46 AM

I love the idea of all in the family but would like to

see a less cartoony/stick figure type option, kwim?
my dd is into gymnastics, and I did get the retired poetry in motion, but would love something else. there is very little choice for gymnastics in the stamping and scrapping worlds. I too would love something along the Latte set...so mad I didn't get it....second(or third) the masculine, 'cool' boy sets(that are not necessarily sport related....)
tracyg

oh and I would love to see some primitive images like a year in the country and country pleasures.....they were before my time, but when I see cards with them I want them lol!!!!!!

Joeknee 11-30-2007 05:50 AM

I have all the SU! punches and I'd like to see a 1" square punch. Having a bit of a case of OCD, I want all my punches to match... And that's the only one they dont have. How can you jump from 1 1/4" to 3/4" punch??? They have the 1" circle, why not the square.

As far as stamps, I'm always delighted with just about everything they have. I can't wait til the retired list, when that comes out I know that the new catty is just around the corner :)

Chipper 11-30-2007 05:59 AM

For me, more realistic stamp sets. I love all the cutsy doodle stuff, but would also like more realistic stuff. I would also like to see the hardware hodge podge stuff broken down so that you could purchase only the pieces that you really want or need. Maybe textured cardstock in 8.5 X 11 with matching envelopes.

pompoentje 11-30-2007 06:34 AM

Some vintage, photo and collagestamps would be nice!

Linda

Erin K 11-30-2007 07:30 AM

I want a rocket ship stamp set. And robots and aliens.

EmGee458 11-30-2007 07:47 AM

I'd like to see another generic motorcycle set similar to Born to Ride...
Lighthouses, cabins, woodsy sets for guys...and I'd LOVE markers to match the In Color colors!!!

stamper1996 11-30-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittypaws (Post 7856539)
I would like to have realistic cats and dogs and a realistic seaside set - shells, tropical fish (I love my Fish Frolics), etc. I would also like to see less cartoonish sets. What would you like to have in the new catty?

DITTO to your statement. Also, I would like a nice (realistic) Thanksgiving set with cornucopia, gourds, etc.

Curly Chick 11-30-2007 08:07 AM

Personally I would like some new punches. Maybe a third oval (larger) to do a triple layer, a larger word window, and a layer for the key tag. I would also like to see a celtic set, my dh loves that kind of thing. I agree with other posters about a realistic looking dog and cat set. It is going to be weird to have a catty with no Christmas stuff in it!

Pamela

wendella247 11-30-2007 09:02 AM

It's really interesting and kind of amusing to see all the different tastes of people--some folks just love what another hates--it must be hard for a stamp company to try to please their customers!

I like it when the stamp sets coordinate with SU punches--like the scallop punch coordinates with one of the Punch Pals stamps, tags for the tag punches, words that fit in Word Window, etc.

Not so excited about seeing the retired list, but definitely looking forward to seeing the new catalog! :D

anirok 11-30-2007 11:29 AM

I think a good police set would be nice.

More examples in the book in general would be great. It takes me a long time to be sold on these sets now that they are more expensive.

vferris 11-30-2007 11:36 AM

Love the police set idea! Agree that there should be less stamps of the doodled, cartoon variety. Not my cup tea! Would also like more wildlife and nature scenes. Would love to have more fishing stamps! Ooh and more occupational stamps!

okstamper 11-30-2007 12:27 PM

Americana

Bonnie

ebethneu 11-30-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamper (Post 7866523)
Americana

Bonnie

What or WHO is bonnie?