Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #441  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollylogicView Post
I love this thread. . . at least I think I do--just hoping to have a chance to read it through one day. . .

(Maybe it's Rosie the Wonder Dog, that I really love--hiya Rosie! Are you wearing your pretty sweater up there in chilly Canada?)
Haha hiya Holly!
Rosie is in her fleece - she still likes to go outside and play which means it is all good to her. When the snow hits that is when she will be hatin life LOL - we put boots on her and she starts to buck like a wild horse and go nuts, then she rubs herself against the couch like a cat, really diggin in. I think she is preparing herself and making herself warm because she knows it will be chilly out there. It is really funny I need to tape it!

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #442  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by SairabeeView Post
I will make all of my (75 or so) Christmas cards, but that's probably about it. I do some baking, but not as gifts, just to eat. LOL. I did think about doing a 6x6 album of digitally scrapbooked pages for my Mom, but I am not sure. I've never done any digi-scrapping before, but I like the idea that it all comes done and you don't have to think about it too much after you get all of the elements pulled together if that makes sense.
I would love to help you out if you are still wanting to do this for you Mom.

Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #443  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefstampsView Post
I almost forgot! Has anyone played with those Andes mint brand baking chips yet? I got both kinds and I haven't decided what to bake quite yet!
Stefanie
Oh, they're amazing - so yummy!! My sister baked cookies with them last year - she used the recipe on the back of the bags. They were wonderful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2007, 07:20 PM   #444  
Pearl-ExPert

I am not making our Christmas cards. We send out about 300 cards so i just can't do it. However, the Sunday before Christmas I have a brunch for our entire family, and I send out a handmade Christmas card/invitation for the immediate family. The brunch is a lovely way to see eveyone, no excuses that they have to go to the inlaws, etc, so everyone is there! There's about 35 of us and that's without the teenagers bringing their new squeeze! lol a brunch is great, it's easy! Bagels, lox, cream cheese, quiches, honey ham, muffins, bloody mary's and champagne with peach, apricot and pear nectors. we have coffee and tea as well, but somehow that is never touched!
For my son, who is in college, I am making a cook book for him. I have asked all of the family to send me a few handwritten recipes. I am going to put pictures of the person who's recipe it is on the opposite side of the page of the recipe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 AM   #445  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoGrinchHereView Post
Oh, they're amazing - so yummy!! My sister baked cookies with them last year - she used the recipe on the back of the bags. They were wonderful.

We made the recipe on the back of the bag, too. My son devoured them!

H
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #446  
KJ
Matboard Maniac

I'm so excited about this thread! I love baking Christmas goodies. I'll go through all my stuff this weekend and post some recipes to share
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #447  
Rubber Obsessor

I bought three bags of the pretzels rings at Miejiers. My daughter says they are to big for the kisses. That the chocolate will melt right through. Did I not get the right kind of pretzels? It is the only round ones I saw. Please help!!!!!

Judluvstostamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 11:53 PM   #448  
Glitter Queen

Default Question regarding Oreo Truffles

Hi, this is my first time posting on SCS! Been enjoying all the recipes and suggestions that everyone has. So creative! Anyway, I'm planning on making the Oreo truffles for Halloween (using orange colored white chocolate) but I wasn't sure if you use the entire Oreo cookie with the cream or just the cookie part. Can anyone clarify?? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 04:03 AM   #449  
Swapper of the Month January 2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbndrView Post
Any ideas for my neices (early 20's??) Both still live at home, one is working the other is attending college. I sure would love some ideas! TIA
Speaking as a mom with college students--care packages of baked goodies are always a hit whether they are in college or not. Also gift cards for gas or grocery stores or restaurant in cute gift card holders.(That can get expensive)
Or enter them in a "card of the month club." Send them an uplifting card each month that is personal to them. THey may act like it's a little goofy--but they love getting mail! Even if they won't admit it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 04:26 AM   #450  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by 808to310galView Post
Hi, this is my first time posting on SCS! Been enjoying all the recipes and suggestions that everyone has. So creative! Anyway, I'm planning on making the Oreo truffles for Halloween (using orange colored white chocolate) but I wasn't sure if you use the entire Oreo cookie with the cream or just the cookie part. Can anyone clarify?? Thanks!

You use the entire cookie. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #451  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudluvstostampView Post
I bought three bags of the pretzels rings at Miejiers. My daughter says they are to big for the kisses. That the chocolate will melt right through. Did I not get the right kind of pretzels? It is the only round ones I saw. Please help!!!!!

Judluvstostamp
No, they work just fine. Put your kiss in the middle then melt them. When you put your M&M on top you will kind of wiggle it a little and smoosh it down and the kiss will fill the ring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #452  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shastessView Post
Not trying to hijack this thread but since I am enjoying it so much I thought I would post this here to see what you all thought. I am crafty and try to make alot of gifts to help with cost. It has never been a problem until now. My husband's sister is how shall we say A SNOB. She doesn't think I should give handmade gifts apparently. I make jewelry and have made her and other female members of the family several pieces for gifts she is the ONLY one who has a problem with it. Last year I also made the fleece tie blankets and matted photos with other scrap stuff in frames, turned out really pretty actually, and apparently according to her these gifts are inadequate. We also gave their family a large gift card to a resteraunt and the two older children gift cards somewhere local don't remember now. Those weren't good enough either because the were local and not for the larger city about an hour away where I am lucky if I can get my husband to go to a couple times a year! I do use my craftyness to save money but I don't think I am being "cheap". We don't make nearly what his sister's family does. I was so upset about it and these issues have resurfaced here recently that I told him I am boycotting Christmas this year, which is of course at her house.

Have any of you ever experienced anything like this???? What did you do about it?
I am so sorry that you have to deal with a family member that is that materialistic and ungrateful. I suggest you give her a Bible for Christmas and underline every scripture that talks about walking in Love. Christmas is about Christ, not expensive gifts. I pray that you have a blessed Christmas this year. Hugs to you.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #453  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow, there are so many wonderful ideas and recipes on here. Thank you so much for everyone being so generous and taking the time to share. I cannot wait to try the strawberry bath salts.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #454  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
I got some last year, the peppermint kind. I threw them in some brownies.
A little goes a loooooooooooooooooong way.

Also I put some in the bottom of a cup before I poured my hot cocoa in.....yummy!
I have been putting them in my cocoa everyday since I read your post. AMAZING. I am addicted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #455  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefstampsView Post
I have been putting them in my cocoa everyday since I read your post. AMAZING. I am addicted.
OK. No more will power here. I'm off to the grocery store and I'm going to HAVE to get some of these and try them. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #456  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
As far as baking/crafting/stamping goes?

Thanks to Papertreys tins and containers I am going to do a lot more baking and stamping/decorating on the containers.

I think I will make fudge, Russian tea cakes (melt in your mouth butter cookies with ground nuts, dusted in icing sugar), hot and spicy nuts, spumonic slices (tri color cookies of red with cherries. green with pistachio pieces and chocolate with chunks), and caramel corn. Oh and my grandma's very special macadamia pineapple squares.

For crafts, I am going to make frames that say joy/noel/etc and mini star book ornaments for everyone. Maybe CD ornaments too as DH is in radio and we get so many CDs we use them as coasters LOL. I need to get rid of them.

If anyone wants any recipes I will be happy to provide.

Would love to hear your recipe and craft ideas. I am ready to get into the Christmas spirit. Am I too early? LOL
I was just planning on selecting my goodies for Christmas. I would really appreciate it if you sent me your recipes. Tomorrow I am making a chocolate trifle for a friend's birthday.
Does anyone make/know of a good recipe for Krucshiki (sp?) .They are Polish Bow Ties fried in oil and dusted with 10X sugar.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 09:18 PM   #457  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbndrView Post
Any ideas for my neices (early 20's??) Both still live at home, one is working the other is attending college. I sure would love some ideas! TIA
Sherri,
I have always had luck giving gift certificates. The popular ones are Marshall's,Old Navy,Gap and the American Express gift cert(you have to pay an activation fee for this one :[ )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 10:06 PM   #458  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by samswindleView Post
Speaking as a mom with college students--care packages of baked goodies are always a hit whether they are in college or not. Also gift cards for gas or grocery stores or restaurant in cute gift card holders.(That can get expensive)
Or enter them in a "card of the month club." Send them an uplifting card each month that is personal to them. THey may act like it's a little goofy--but they love getting mail! Even if they won't admit it.
How about a gift that allows them to pamper themselves? Maybe a gift certificate to a spa or nail salon? Or you could put together a spa basket (filled with homemade or personally decorated items).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 05:21 AM   #459  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

That's a great idea, plus they make oreos with orange filling at this time of year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 07:58 AM   #460  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you so much for posting this. You are so kind to share and to take time out to tuype it all out. I am so going to try these. They sound YUMMMMMMY!

Thanks again and to EVERYONE who has posted recipes...YUMMMMMY!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
Hi Annette and everybody else on the thread!

Here is the recipe for caramel nut cake in a jar, they are super moist and SUPER delicious!

3 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
2 t salt
2 C brown sugar, packed
1 C butter, softened
4 eggs
2/3 C milk
1 t vanilla extract
1 C chopped walnuts (although I've used pecans and it was DELICOUS!)
6 1 pt wide mouth canning jars and lids, sterilized

Sift together flour, bakin powder, baking soda and salt....set aside. Cream sugar, and butter together, add eggs, mixing well. Stirs in milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, fold in nuts. Place one cup batter into each well-greased jar, wipe any batter from lid. Place jars on baking sheet and bake at 325 for 50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. While jars are still hot, put on lids and screw rings on tightly, jars will seal as they cool.
Place on a flat surface and listen for them to ping as they seal or wait until they are completely cooled and then press on the lid and if it doesnt give then it is sealed.
Makes 6 cakes in jars.

I believe these keep up to 6 months once sealed! But they dont last that long....trust me!:mrgreen:

I know I have some other recipes that bake in the jars, I'll dig around for them and post them soon!

ENJOY!

Mommy to Kendall and Ryan (12-14-04)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #461  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by blizladyView Post
That's a great idea, plus they make oreos with orange filling at this time of year.

The orange filling won't show. When you crush the cookies, the filling just blends in with the chocolate cookie portion and the only color you see is the chocolate brown.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #462  
Pearl-ExPert

somewhere back on in this thread - I have looked but can't find it again, someone asked about a recipe for a no bake item that listed flour and eggs in the ingredients but I could never find the answer to this post - anyone else notice it or is there an answer I missed?

In reply to the sil who doesn't like handmade gifts, I would have a hard time - I agree with the poster who says don't change yourself, but why not give of yourself and your talent to someone who might appreciate you more? The item I was making for her would not have the same love or thought put into it as the identical items I was making for someone else, and that would be wrong...good luck on that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2007, 05:48 AM   #463  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

How about a gift that allows them to pamper themselves? Maybe a gift certificate to a spa or nail salon? Or you could put together a spa basket (filled with homemade or personally decorated items).
This is what I am doing for my daughter, although the more practical gift that we should give her are two new tires for her car.....lol!! She really needs them.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2007, 05:50 AM   #464  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryheartsView Post
The orange filling won't show. When you crush the cookies, the filling just blends in with the chocolate cookie portion and the only color you see is the chocolate brown.
That's probably just as well because I couldn't find the orange filled oreo cookies at the store yesterday. Oreos were on sale, so I bought a couple packages to make the truffles - these sound fantastic!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2007, 07:28 AM   #465  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Can I ask where you find orange colored white chocolate?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2007, 07:34 AM   #466  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by collectorView Post

Thanks!
You might be able to find it at AC Moore in the candy/baking section where all the supplies are. They carry quite a few different colors. I've bought blue, yellow, pink from them one year and smiley molds for lollipops. I made them for my dd's high school graduation and attached candy mortar boards for the hat. If not there, is there a shop that sells strictly baking/candy making supplies near you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2007, 10:09 AM   #467  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by collectorView Post

Thanks!
Wilton makes colored candy melt wafers, but I'm not sure of the orange. You can, however, use plain white chocolate and color it with orange paste food coloring.

Just make sure you use paste and not the liquid drops-the dropper kind will make the chocolate get hard and it will not melt no matter what you do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #468  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

In today's add for Michael's they show orange and green Halloween candy melts. They're Wilton.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2007, 12:06 PM   #469  
Hardware Hotshot

I am getting a few requests for my recipes - they are all posted in the document I believe it is on the second page. I am updating the doc ...slowly lol. I had to do some work for my mom and the blog thing and taking care of home is kicking my buttttt

xo
Suzy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2007, 12:59 PM   #470  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks to all of you for answering my questions about the orange colored white chocolate! I guess I didn't realize or never thought about it that the wilton colored candies were white chocolate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #471  
Glitter Queen

One year I received a spa kit (with lotions, bath salts, etc) in a paint can. It was store bought but I'm sure a personally decorated one would be much cuter. Some non-crafty ideas are cute PJs, especially for someone living in a dorm or a magazine subscription. I'm sure you can add some kind of crafty touch to these gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2007, 11:07 AM   #472  
Kookie Creator

I love this thread! I make different things for Christmas every year. Last year I made a ton of baked goods. Different kinds of cookies, fudge, brownies and some peppermint patties that everyone LOVED!

This year I am making the tile coasters for my sisters and some of the awesome recipes posted on here. I'm excited to get started!!

I have a couple of really good recipes that I have gotten a good response from when I made, so I'll try to find them and post them. I have one for a coffee cake that I haven't made as a gift, but every time I make it for company they love it and always ask for the recipe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #473  
Inking Addict

Smile SamanthaMaree

Would you please share your recipe for your coffee cake?
Thanks,
Peggy Hinz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #474  
Kookie Creator

Okay, my Crumb Cake recipe is really simple and its SO good... as long as your not on a diet!

Prepare a yellow cake (box or homemade) as directed and let it cool

While the cake is baking mix and refrigerate the topping.
Combine:
1 lb melted butter or margarine
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Once the cake and the topping have cooled, crumble the topping onto the cake. (It will be pretty solid. I usually use a spoon to get it out of the bowl and then crumble it with my hands)

Once the topping is all crumbled on bake the cake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

I usually underbake the cake just a bit and don't quite bake it for the full 20 min to keep the cake moist. You can add powdered sugar to the top if you want, but I find it's sweet enough without it!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2007, 02:58 PM   #475  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

YUM!! Thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #476  
Crimping Master

Hi Girls :

I sorta kept adding to Suzy H's document so here is a word doc up to this date. Oct. 24

I just kept copying and pasting.

It's really long
Attached Files
File Type: doc Christmas Recipes and Ideas.doc (147.0 KB, 231 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #477  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi ladies:

You all making me soooo hungry for sweets and wanting x-mas season to hurry and get here so i can bake some goodies..
I will be moving to our recently purchased victorian home built in 1840 and well I did find a website that has recipes for tea time can you imagine that..
So now as i pack to move i eager the tastes of all these goodie recipes listed here can't wait to Try them pretzel with the rolo;s and other varietations.

Say if any one here does any baking soon and want to send me a treat bag for my new home pm i'd loved to sit and much on some goodies as i try to rest after my move. hehehehe....

Okay if any one here is interested i will post my favorite recipe for Apple cake
this one is baked in a bundt pan and the best is that its cooked with skin so no peeling and you know what the second treat about the cake is that after the cake is baked you take it out of oven and then add the topping which is a mixture of sugar and orange juice etc and put it back into the oven and bake another 15 minutes and that becomes like a crunchy layer over the cake
Just devine to die for....

So if any one interested let me know and I will post the recipe here.

Also I bake every year some mexican sombrero cookies... These are peanut butter cookies with any variety of hershey kisses on top ...Yummmmmmy
If you want the recipe i can post it her too..

And I love to bake Russian Tea Cakes these are a cookie why they call them cake is beyond me but delicious too..

And I bake and eat eat eat cookies that have appricot preserves in the center and strawberry presserves is another viariation these melt in your mouth...

Thanks so much for all the great recipes... I will be making lots of stuff for the realestate agent that help us find our home and her daughters have gotten to liking of me and they even going to help us unload the truck when we get to our home... She will be getting lots of baked goods for this x-mas.
on Face Book also you can find my etsy shop under
Creations By Lillibet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #478  
Kookie Creator

lillibet, your recipes sound yummy!! could you post the apple cake and the cookies w/ strawberry preserves?? Thanks! I could make some for Thanksgiving!
tfs, gail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #479  
Inking Addict

Please post your recipes. My mouth is already watering.

Peggy Hinz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #480  
Hardware Hotshot

showin love for our christmas thread *bump*

Reply With Quote Likes