Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cinman1964..I would love go get some of your supplies. I would be willing to pay the shipping on a flat rate priority box. Any suppplies you could spare would so enhance my effort for the troops.
Many blessings.
Amber Shaw
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ps.. I need to check but I am getting very close to 20,000 cards sent...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
cinman1964..I would love go get some of your supplies. I would be willing to pay the shipping on a flat rate priority box. Any suppplies you could spare would so enhance my effort for the troops.
Many blessings.
Amber Shaw
I love hearing from people who send cards to the troops, yes I will be happy to donate some supplies. Have you done that many cards on your own?

My blog: http://www.cindyscreativecorner-cindy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have done a huge number of cards...always sitting on my fanny working...thank goodness my hubby is so understanding of my project. My two sisters make cards, a friend of mine comes over and makes cards. Several ladies here have sent me cardfronts in the past. Actually I am going to go and look for the link to the article that Diana Crick the maker of Scor-pal put in her on line magazine about me. Be right back with a link for you to read. Yep...I am ALWAYS working on cards. Plus I work full time...oh yeah..can you tell my children are grown...?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had to email Diana to see if I could still get the article. IT doesnt show up on her website anymore. She is such a peach.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok Cindy here is the link:
http://www.scor-pal.com/oct_magazine/index.htm

You will have to copy and paste it into your browser. She did an awesome article.

Many blessings. Amber
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #47  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Ok Cindy here is the link:
http://www.scor-pal.com/oct_magazine/index.htm

You will have to copy and paste it into your browser. She did an awesome article.

Many blessings. Amber
Indeed you are doing a wonderful thing and it is a blessing to be able to contribute to such a patriotic cause. Our armed forces deserve so much love and devotion and I see that in you and through you they are receiving such.

Many more blessings to you

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #48  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinman1964View Post
I have kept them put up thinking one day I would use them, but I'm running out of places to stash things. And I see new things I want and feel guilty for buying new when I don't use the old. I'm trying really hard to get organized because I'm so overwhelmed with all this around me. I had to give up our spare room to my 16 year old nephew (long story) so I have even less closet space than before. And I'd like to think someone could make good use of them now.
So I think I'm going to keep my original idea and package them up as goodie bags and find someone to give them to.......any takers??????:-D
How about joining the RAK forum (take a little while for approval but very worthwhile) or seeing if anyone posting on the Need a Lift forum could benefit from your generosity.

Another idea is to donate the stamps, perhaps with some supplies, to local nursing homes/senior living facilities or childcare centers.

Perhaps you could post in the FSOT forum ... someone may have lost a stamp or two from a set and would love to be able to replace it.

Many folks like the cases for storing supplies so if you end up with empty cases you should be able to get some value for them.

Complete sets in original cases will have the highest value so you might want to see if the 1 or 2 stamps in a set that you use are similar to any other images you own. You my decide to sell a whole set and use the similar stamps instead (hope that makes sense).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #49  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
How about joining the RAK forum (take a little while for approval but very worthwhile) or seeing if anyone posting on the Need a Lift forum could benefit from your generosity.

Another idea is to donate the stamps, perhaps with some supplies, to local nursing homes/senior living facilities or childcare centers.

Perhaps you could post in the FSOT forum ... someone may have lost a stamp or two from a set and would love to be able to replace it.

Many folks like the cases for storing supplies so if you end up with empty cases you should be able to get some value for them.

Complete sets in original cases will have the highest value so you might want to see if the 1 or 2 stamps in a set that you use are similar to any other images you own. You my decide to sell a whole set and use the similar stamps instead (hope that makes sense).

I do have a request to join RAK pending and I have taken things to the nursing home my BIL is in (actually I do monthly projects for them) and have given things to my teacher friends and I still have more in the closet. It seems when I was working, I tended to "buy" with a project in mind and then never get around to it :rolleyes: go figure :rolleyes:
Hmmmmm does anyone else have the same problem?:o

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #50  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinman1964View Post
I do have a request to join RAK pending and I have taken things to the nursing home my BIL is in (actually I do monthly projects for them) and have given things to my teacher friends and I still have more in the closet. It seems when I was working, I tended to "buy" with a project in mind and then never get around to it :rolleyes: go figure :rolleyes:
Hmmmmm does anyone else have the same problem?:o
Well, my DH thinks I have the same problem but I disagree and think it just means I need to spend less time doing other things and a bigger craft area. For the sake of our marriage we agree to disagree on this subject :rolleyes:.

But I will say that the longer I have been stamping the more discerning I am in my purchases. If a set only has 1-2 images I like I consider if I have anything similar or if another company sells a similar individual stamp (which, while on a cost-per-stamp basis is more expensive, I would be spending less money and not getting stuff I don't want and can't/won't sell). Sometimes I decide to pass on a set but end up trading for it so being discerning doesn't always mean I don't have regrets. But a trade usually means I let go of something I wasn't using for something I want.

I only like wood-mounted stamps but if you are not opposed to using rubber stamps on acrylic blocks, unmounting the unused images could save a lot of space. Trade/Sale value might decrease a bit (but many folks do this so probably not too much of a decrease) but it would let you keep an entire set until you sell/trade the whole set (for max. possible value).

I feel like I am rambling but I do hope you find a solution that works for you. You sound like a very caring and generous person.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes