Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to charge? How much do you pay?

Since I am not a member for the demo side yet...

I need to know from everyone demo and customer...

How much do you pay for classes, such as a stamp camp or scrapbook camp.

My neighbor is asking if I would be intersted in doing a workshop/ camp where I would charge to come and if people would order she would get the hostess benefits (which I am okay with since she is a very good customer)

She currently attends a bimonthly scrap camp where she is charged $25 to make 4 scrapbook pages $50 if she wants to make 8 etc. No cards are made and scrapbook pages are pretty plain- very little embelishments and very little layering.

For workshops I tend to add a lot to my pages and cards. So I was thinking that if I do 2 scrapbook pages (12 x12) and 3 cards and charge $20 (which would be $4 a project)

Do you think that is fair or would you charge more? Should I limit what I add to my pages/ cards and keep them more simple and charge less?

Any imput is greatly apprecitated!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2006, 07:39 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I am a hobby demo so I do not hold classes but my up-line does. She is doing a holiday card stamp camp and she is charging $20 for 20 cards(5 cards of 4 different. designs) including envelopes. I really think the price should depend on how detailed the cards are. She also holds seasonal project classes. The prices for those depend on the projects made. For Hal. she did a lot of different. treat bags and cards and charged $12....but honestly I do not think she charges enough sometimes. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2006, 07:54 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaudixie
I am a hobby demo so I do not hold classes but my up-line does. She is doing a holiday card stamp camp and she is charging $20 for 20 cards(5 cards of 4 different. designs) including envelopes. I really think the price should depend on how detailed the cards are. She also holds seasonal project classes. The prices for those depend on the projects made. For Hal. she did a lot of different. treat bags and cards and charged $12....but honestly I do not think she charges enough sometimes. Hope this helps.
I do this to and actually just did a 10-10-10 last weekend and sometimes I feel like I should charge more because I put a lot of work into it. That's why I would like to know what people charge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2006, 07:58 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

10-10-10?? I am new so I am not sure what that is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I do technique classes (three cards and three project sheets) for $10. I do not do larger stamp camps, because I do not have such large blocks of time to teach them. (dh's job is such he cannot often cover)

Your suggested pricing sounds good--the nice thing about being a new demo is you still remember what it is like to be a customer. Besides product on the layouts--what are you teaching (perhaps a cool way to do a title or hide journaling, or stamping technique, or even a cool tool). You are what they are paying for (that, and getting out of the house for a few hours). If it was just the product they wanted they would just place an order. Also, it is good for some to offer a discount on the class if an $x order is placed at the class OR if they RSVP with someone who you did not have contact with previously.

Also, I recommend a partial or total prepay for a class. That way if someone backs out (after you have cut all of their materials) you are not so stuck (of course they would get their packet if they could not attend.) I do this for classes that are over $15, but I need reservations for all of them.

my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2006, 08:06 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaudixie
10-10-10?? I am new so I am not sure what that is.
10 cards
10 minutes
10 dollars

(this is what I have been told)

my blog
Reply With Quote Likes