Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-25-2018, 05:18 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribing for the next rainy day! so many of my favorites have already been mentioned. I just have to put in one more vote for Therese at lostinpaper - YouTube Quick and informative!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure if it's okay but I'd love to mention my little Youtube channel. It's small but I've been working hard on it
P is for Paper - YouTube

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

A few of my favorites are Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner, Dawn Woleslagle (WPlus9), Nina-Marie Trapani (who is also on Simon Says Stamp's channel often), and especially Kelly Latevola. I don't mind Kelly's "storytime" at all--in fact, I miss it when she doesn't talk about her life. I don't have many friends--and no crafty friends--so I feel like I'm "sharing" a bit of time with her during her videos. She also has kind of a deadpan delivery of humor that makes both my mom & me laugh. Since I also suffer from major depression, Kelly is gold in my book! If you are interested in scrapbooking, Tracy Banks (a.k.a. MercyTiara) is good. She's not doing videos quite as often lately, due to changing family situations, but she has lots of older ones in the archives. I just like the way she explains things about her process in her voiceovers.

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Featured Stamper #564
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
So many sources have been mentioned that I have never seen before - have lots of previewing to do.

I don't think this one was mentioned: CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl . It has lots of mixed media and makes things look easy to do. After a while you might want to mute the theme music though.
Wow, thanks for this! Her "Random Inky Backgrounds" was terrific. I look forward to watching more of her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2018, 09:52 AM   #45  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeyes9View Post
I hope I dont offend anyone but I can’t stand the You Tubers that spend half the video laughing and acting silly. I know crafting is fun but I’m watching because I want to learn.
Please don’t spend a lot of time talking about the weather, personal things. Don’t
Sing your theme song. Talk to your kids, pets, or mailman. I like the You Tubers that
Make their tutorial instructional and to the point. I don’t mind a long video as long as half of it isn’t a waste of my time.
If you watch YT on an iPad, you can double tap on the right hand side to Fast Forward 10 seconds (or on the left if you want to go backwards 10 seconds). I find this a blessing when folks are rambling or during a lot of Copic coloring demonstrations. Sometimes I just sit there and double-tap for 10 minutes! (slight exaggeration).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeyes9View Post
I hope I dont offend anyone but I can�t stand the You Tubers that spend half the video laughing and acting silly. I know crafting is fun but I�m watching because I want to learn.
Please don�t spend a lot of time talking about the weather, personal things. Don�t
Sing your theme song. Talk to your kids, pets, or mailman. I like the You Tubers that
Make their tutorial instructional and to the point. I don�t mind a long video as long as half of it isn�t a waste of my time.
I absolutely agree! And those who can't find what they need at the moment & have to scrounge around for it, don't have the paper measurements handy, or play the TV in the background make me nuts, too. I've unsubscribed from several YouTubers who make interesting stuff, but I found myself fast-forwarding through their videos to keep myself from screaming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2018, 10:11 AM   #47  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I love all the ones mentioned, and thank you to the people who mentioned my videos!

I do want to say this - please be kind to YouTubers - if you have never made a video yourself, it's easy to criticize style, etc. - but in reality the amount of work and time it takes is mind boggling, and also it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there and then have people criticize your voice, your hair (that has happened to friends of mine who film themselves as well as their hands), the way you pronounce things.

I wrote a blog post about everything making a 7 minute video entails - so I say if you don't love it, just move on. The life of a YouTuber is hard and love is needed if we want people to continue sharing their talent for free

Understand Blue: Art Unto Others? + A Giveaway

I love Vicky Pappaiouannou, and Jennibellie in the mixed media space, and I love Ilina Crouse's videos - her instructions are clear and I love her accent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2018, 02:48 AM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Lydia, I've just been and read your article, and appreciate all that advice. Hubby has been telling me I should do some You Tube videos for ages now, and as it was him that got me blogging, I think I need to listen to him! LOL. So, thank you for sharing your knowledge, I've bookmarked it for going back to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2018, 06:20 AM   #49  
Insane Embellisher

Received 93 Likes on 58 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
Hi Lydia, I've just been and read your article, and appreciate all that advice. Hubby has been telling me I should do some You Tube videos for ages now, and as it was him that got me blogging, I think I need to listen to him! LOL. So, thank you for sharing your knowledge, I've bookmarked it for going back to.

Oh, I hope you take your hubby's advice! I would totally subscribe to your You Tube channel! If you go ahead with it, please let us know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2018, 03:14 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

bzzzeee, thank you! I will be practising a bit first, usually I HATE hearing my own voice, lol, so that's going to take me a while to speak in a way I don't cringe at!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2018, 05:13 AM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Received 93 Likes on 58 Posts

Quote:

bzzzeee, thank you! I will be practising a bit first, usually I HATE hearing my own voice, lol, so that's going to take me a while to speak in a way I don't cringe at!

I know what you mean! I think a lot of us feel the same way when we hear our own voices in a recording, so you are in good company. Don't let that stop you! I would love to learn from whatever you share. You're so talented!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2018, 05:25 AM   #52  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

You SHOULD listen to him!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #53  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

I think you should do it. So many of your suggestions and comments have been helpful to me. I loved it when you did the whole Clair ink thing with the photos. It helped me choose the colors I needed without duplicating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2018, 12:21 PM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I love a whole bunch of utubers.

The only think I've never cared for are those with music playing. And, I don't comment on it, I just quit watching. I love to listen to accents. Frenchie (SU demo) has a really sweet accent. I admire anyone who has the know how and the nerve to put themselves out there. I am way too nervous. Thank you to all who make those videos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2018, 08:56 PM   #55  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

I also want to add my voice for Lost in Paper as she uses plenty of different mediums for colouring including pencils which is my main medium for colouring. I am also on the lookout for Channels with less Copic colouring as I don't have any alcohol markers.

I love:

Christy Gets Crafty
1001 Cartes
Black Sheep 303
Ella's Cards - Eloise Blue
Jessica Frost-Ballas - All the Sparkle
Laura Sterckx - Making Cards is Fun
The Craft Bunny - this You-Tuber went back to work full-time so hasn't been posting videos, however, she has some fantastic content that you can catch up on.
Olga Direktorenko - Olga uses lots of diecuts for her crafting and really inspires me
Laura Bassen - Doublestick Heaven

Last edited by JoBear2; 06-24-2018 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2018, 08:21 AM   #56  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I love Laura Bassen and her humor - laurafadora.com - and Jennifer McGuire, and both have been mentioned. Two others of a very different style are faves:

- Barbara on Joggles’ blog. While the emphasis is somewhat techniques for journaling and mixed media, they can absolutely be used on cards, and she mentions that. (I don’t journal and my mixed media is clean & simple on cards).

Barbara has a nice, easy way of clearly describing every step. And Joggles prices, shipping speed, shipping cost and customer service are excellent.

Sometimes she videos a technique, thinks about it, and does another video taking that technique further. I recently watched two videos using Gina K. Or Deco foil with alcohol inks: Joggles Blog - Mixed Media, Art Journaling, and Rubber Stamping Blog

- And Els on Elizabeth Craft Designs. Again, clear, gentle sounding, and some slightly different methods of doing techniques. Plus she has printable project sheets. Other designers do videos for her, but I’ve basically just watched Els. This is her company and everything she sells she has to really like. Her Shimmer Sheetz, sanded or not, are faves. And I like that she’s not another young pup. ; )

I attended a Stamp & SB Expo yesterday and took an Elizabeth Craft Design card class using two colors of her microfine (silky soft!) glitter side by side on one die cut by using lace. Very fun and can be done subtly. (I’m not generally into glitter but hers makes me swoon.) Chocolate and antique silver (which looks like latte).

When videographers speak too slowly they lose me, and all of the above move at a relaxed but comfortable pace for me.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2018, 08:24 PM   #57  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
I love all the ones mentioned, and thank you to the people who mentioned my videos!

I do want to say this - please be kind to YouTubers - if you have never made a video yourself, it's easy to criticize style, etc. - but in reality the amount of work and time it takes is mind boggling, and also it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there and then have people criticize your voice, your hair (that has happened to friends of mine who film themselves as well as their hands), the way you pronounce things.

I wrote a blog post about everything making a 7 minute video entails - so I say if you don't love it, just move on. The life of a YouTuber is hard and love is needed if we want people to continue sharing their talent for free

Understand Blue: Art Unto Others? + A Giveaway

I love Vicky Pappaiouannou, and Jennibellie in the mixed media space, and I love Ilina Crouse's videos - her instructions are clear and I love her accent.
I second that Lydia! I used to make videos - but not cardmaking ones - and they take so long. I am sure you get faster the more that you do them (and I did) but oh, the various elements of music & fading the music in or out, voiceovers, editing bits out & then putting them back in because you change your mind, changing other stuff along the way, editing out bloopers plus you get interrupted by phone calls or the doorbell or the cat decides to knock something off the bench - & then the time it takes to upload which doesn't always go to plan & you have to upload it multiple times because it corrupts etc. Plus if you are on a Design Team, you have time constraints because there is a blog hop about to start & your video is one of them! I am sure that many cardmakers have burned the midnight oil to get a video up & then had a few hours sleep & had to get up early for work.

I take my hat off to people who do them on a regular basis & who hold down a job & have families & other commitments - and I can see them all for free which is a great blessing and encourages my creativity. I love the wonderful array of techniques and ideas and new products. It connects me to the cardmaking world & keeps me going as I unexpectedly lost a dear cardmaking friend in April & have no other friends who make cards.

To all those You-Tuber Cardmakers: THANK YOU!

Last edited by JoBear2; 06-25-2018 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2018, 12:38 PM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great information ladies. Thank you
Reply With Quote Likes