Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-13-2006, 07:56 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the best stamping and scrapbooking magazines to buy.

I am looking to subscribe to 2 different magazines.1 for stamping and 1 for scrapbooking this way I can keep up with all the newsest products and techniques.Right now the only magazine I get for ideas is paper crafts which has a lot of fun ideas.but I still want 2 more.I want ideas plus some advertisments as well so I can see what's new and so on.

which magazines do you subscribe to and why do you like them so much.

which ones don't you subscribe to and why..if they have a website can you please leave it so I can check it out.

Last edited by Lisa62; 02-13-2006 at 08:01 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 08:01 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

What you ought to do is go to the local Barnes and Noble and look through and the one that really appeals to YOU would be the one to get....

HOWEVER that being said, LOL If you are going to subscribe, you may want to check out Amazon.com and see if they have a subscription you can buy that would be cheaper than just a reg sub price.... Papercrafts, Creating Keepsakes and Simply Scrapbooks are all lower than the reg price of a sub....normally...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 08:46 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

I really like Stamp it and Creating Keepsakes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Creative Keepsakes for Scrapbooking. It has a bunch of ads to show all the latest stuff plus it has sample pages and articles on new layouts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

I get zillions of mags either subscription or from the store:

RubberStamper
Stampers Sampler
PaperCrafts
Creating Keepsakes
Simple Scrapbooks
Stamp It
Scrap and Stamp Arts (which used to be called something else, but I can't remember)
Legacy

If I had to only pick two, one for stamping & one for scrapping, I'd pick Stamper's Sampler for stamping because they have a ton of samples in an nice easy format every issue and Creating Keepsakes for scrapping because they seem to be up on the latest stuff for scrapbooking.

Spend some time in B&N and see if any appeal to you more than others. I love looking through mags for ideas. Unfortunately, sometimes I spend more time reading about stamping/scrapping than I do for actually stamping/scrapping! :rolleyes:

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

nadine that's my problems too I spend moe money on magazines and ideas.and looking at SCS,that I never get around to doing my own layouts.I can spend half the day just looking at ideas.and spending money on stamp sets and accessories alone than working on my pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

I know! We are so bad. My husband sees all of my stuff and my mags; sees me on SCS and asks "have you actually stamped anything lately?" ha ha...

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 02:05 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not renewing any of my magazines, but the one that I liked the most was The Rubber Stamper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Do you already subscribe to the SCS Dirty Dozen? for me, I would *totally* go for that over any stamping magazine out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 03:59 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

yes I am already subscribed to th edirty dozen and I love to go into scs gallery for ideas.since that is the best place for me when I need to decide on what stamp sets to buy.since you can't get any better than the ideas here.

I've even bought stamps sets after I said I wouldn't buy that set because I didn't really care for it.then end up buying it after all the cool things people do with sets like the frog set Unfrogettable.I didn't really care for that at first now it's going to be 1 set I have to have this month.so it just go to show how good these ladies here are at scs.

Going back to magazines I have to have something for scrapbooking and stamping so I can keep up with the lastest techniques and tools.so even know we have lots of techniques here I still need more all the time.and yes I do subscribe to pat huntoons newsletter too.that's a must have.for any ones library.

I just like to have something new at my fingertips all the time.can never have enough magazines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 06:21 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

My upline and I were talking and she had told me she bought Creative Keepsakes on E-bay...I looked into it and found a one year subscription for 12.99...I did not find any card/stamping magazines except Card Maker...never heard of this. But they have TONS of magazines there for CHEAP!!! Just go to e-bay and in the search field type magazine subscriptions..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 06:33 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Creating Keepsakes is definitely the best scrapbooking magazine.

I guess you would have to decide which stamping magazine is best for you. Which one you would benefit more from. I particularly like them all. LOL

I always get "Take Ten" when it comes out but it is not monthly so this one doesn't count.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2006, 10:54 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

o.k. ladies I decided on creative keepsakes for my scrapbooking magazine.still haven't decided on a stamping one yet.I also like stampers stampler so I sent in some samples hoping to get published and a free magazine from it if I do I just might do this for every issue still waiting to hear from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2006, 12:40 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

I love Better Homes & Garden's Scrapbooks etc. It is very good for all levels of scrapbookers. They also throw in ideas to use for your scraps, making cool cards and tags with the remnants.

They are offering buy 1 year get one free on their website.

https://secure.bhg.com/bhg/store/che...ordersrc=sbetc

I also subscribe to Creating Keepsakes. I like ot, but sometimes they go over the top. NIce to look at as well, but some LO seem impractical for my tastes.

I also like Paper Crafts magazine for cards, but really think SCS is a terrific source for cards, etc.

Stacy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2006, 12:48 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

STAMPING
Amen! Dirty Dozen is a great "subscription". I find more useful info (templates and instructions) there than in mags like PaperCrafts and Stamp It. That said my pics would be The Rubber Stamper and Stamper's Sampler.
SCRAPBOOKING
Not much into that yet, so I don't have many good ideas there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa62
I am looking to subscribe to 2 different magazines.1 for stamping and 1 for scrapbooking this way I can keep up with all the newsest products and techniques.Right now the only magazine I get for ideas is paper crafts which has a lot of fun ideas.but I still want 2 more.I want ideas plus some advertisments as well so I can see what's new and so on.

which magazines do you subscribe to and why do you like them so much.

which ones don't you subscribe to and why..if they have a website can you please leave it so I can check it out.
My favorite for stamping is Vamp Stamp News -it is put out by one woman-has reviews of products-how to use them-examples-cards by subscribers-www.vampstampnews.com - For scrapbooking I just subscribed to Scrapbook Answers-includes a CD showing how to do projects in book; fonts & pages you can download-it is a little pricey-scrapbookanswers.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2006, 04:58 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I have been getting the Rubber Stamper for the last year and its good. I may take a look at Stamp It because I haven't heard of it. It is time to renew so I may try something new. Creating Keepsakes is my favorite scrapbooking mag.
Reply With Quote Likes