Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Tutorialists ;-) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/tutorialists-%3B-602256/)

Mirabella 08-18-2015 11:33 AM

Tutorialists ;-)

Besides those who do them here, I am wondering whose tutorials you enjoy watching for card making? So far I have watched some of Kristina Werner, StampTV, and Jennifer McGuire. It is interesting to see how different some of them approach card making and the preferred techniques they use.

UnderstandBlue 08-18-2015 11:46 AM

(I moved this to General Stamping)

Funny - I just asked this question on my blog today and I love seeing people's answers.

Some of my faves are France Papillon, Mel McCarthy, Maureen Wong, our own Dina Kowal.

buggainok 08-18-2015 11:49 AM

Here is a great one:

Dawns stamping thoughts Stampin'Up! Demonstrator Stamping Videos Stamp Workshop Classes Scissor Charms Paper Crafts

I've watched Dawn since I first started making cards. She is fun and enthusiastic!

muscrat 08-18-2015 03:51 PM

My subscriptions on YouTube are:

Understand blue
Kristine Werner
Jennifer McGuire
Barbara Gray (Clarity Stamps)
Frenchie (France Martin)
Dina
Dawns stamping thoughts
Tammie white
Dawn (DO stamping)
I also love Linda Parker but for some reason I keep getting a 404 error message when I try to subscribe to her channel so I just type her name in to get there.

mheartm 08-18-2015 04:10 PM

I also like Connie Stewart. Bobbi.

BroncoFan60 08-18-2015 04:50 PM

Julie Ebersole is a hoot! And Catherine Pooler is good too. Stephanie Bernard of Stamps of Life is real funny too. I've met her a couple times and she was real sweet.

UnderstandBlue 08-18-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21051827)
Barbara Gray (Clarity Stamps)
Frenchie (France Martin)
Dina

Two of my faves!

Joan B 08-19-2015 02:44 AM

My fave is Julie Ebersole on Ellen Hutson's channel. She posts almost every Monday and I really look forward to her videos. Short, clear, perfectly edited and the projects are wonderful!

Here's an example on you tube.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DSaOGiEwbPM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wavejumper 08-19-2015 04:00 AM

Great question! I am saving this thread!

Mirabella 08-19-2015 06:52 AM

Oh My!

Wow, I have not heard of most of these demonstrators. It pays to ask. Thanks, all! Fantastic. It is super hot here today so I may be on my computer...

debbiemom23cs 08-19-2015 06:52 AM

I love Gabrielle Pollaco's tutorial videos on YouTube. She does mostly mixed media but the videos really get my creative thoughts going!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOG...cV6W7WcW4VMcOg

Valli 08-19-2015 09:57 AM

I love paper engineer extraordinaire, Brenda Quintana: https://m.youtube.com/user/QbeesQuest
She has well-made videos and great designs!

muscrat 08-19-2015 10:04 AM

I love Brenda too. Check out today's tutorial in the resource section. She did a video on scallop circle flowers!

poppydarling 08-19-2015 05:30 PM

I subscribe to many of these creators on YouTube and love them as well!

Here are some others that I haven't seen mentioned (they're not exclusively card makers which is why I like them):

The Frugal Crafter ( Lindsay Weirich)
MayMay Made It (Amy Helms)
Scraps and Stamps
Helen Allen
Nichol Magouirk
Vicky Papaioannou
Julie Fay-Fan Belzer
May Flaum
Stamp with Tami
Sandy Allnock
Craft Test Dummies

muscrat 08-19-2015 05:39 PM

I check out the frugal crafter from time to time. Sandy allnock is terrific.

shirlb19 08-19-2015 08:00 PM

Thanks Joan B for posting the video. Really enjoyed it!

Shirl

Allistamps123 08-20-2015 02:44 AM

Fun, fun, fun! I'm in need of some new tutorial sites. Thanks!

JoBear2 08-20-2015 03:25 AM

I too love Kristina Werner & Jennifer Macguire. I also subscribe to Lawn Fawn on You-Tube because I get a variety of cardmaker's videos. Nichol Magouirk is also another great cardmaker - as is Laura Bassen - and they both have their own You-Tube channels.

Therese (a fellow Australian) from Lost in Paper has her own You-Tube channel HERE

I really love how Therese has categories for different techniques, brands & types of cards including masculine so it is easy to search what you are looking for or revisit one you have already watched. Of course Jennifer Macguire & Kristina Werner do this too which I find very helpful.

I also follow Leonardo Pereznieto, an Artist whose You-Tube Channel is Fine Art Tips - see HERE

Although it is not specifically cardmaking, I have learned alot from this channel & I love the artist's enthusiasm and passion.

poppydarling 08-20-2015 09:29 AM

Love Lost in Paper – thanks JoBear!

shirlb19 08-20-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarling (Post 21053306)
Love Lost in Paper � thanks JoBear!

Was that a you tube video. Tried to google but didn't find anything? Is their a link perhaps?

Thanks
Shirl

poppydarling 08-20-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19 (Post 21053348)
Was that a you tube video. Tried to google but didn't find anything? Is their a link perhaps

I just searched YouTube for "lost in paper" � she has lots of videos posted. Here's one:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4JSbRKrPbyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JoBear2 08-20-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBear2 (Post 21053033)
I too love Kristina Werner & Jennifer Macguire. I also subscribe to Lawn Fawn on You-Tube because I get a variety of cardmaker's videos. Nichol Magouirk is also another great cardmaker - as is Laura Bassen - and they both have their own You-Tube channels.

Therese (a fellow Australian) from Lost in Paper has her own You-Tube channel HERE

I really love how Therese has categories for different techniques, brands & types of cards including masculine so it is easy to search what you are looking for or revisit one you have already watched. Of course Jennifer Macguire & Kristina Werner do this too which I find very helpful.

I also follow Leonardo Pereznieto, an Artist whose You-Tube Channel is Fine Art Tips - see HERE

Although it is not specifically cardmaking, I have learned alot from this channel & I love the artist's enthusiasm and passion.

Shirl, the link for Lost in Paper is highlighted in my post - see above.

lesleybd 08-21-2015 08:51 AM

Sam Donald makes fabulous boxes and bags from SU products:

Her bog is at www.pootles.co.uk with links to her YouTube channel.

Lesley

smriti 08-21-2015 12:02 PM

Another vote for Sandy Allnock! Her coloring is beyond compare and really inspires me!

digirlwiz 08-22-2015 07:22 AM

I also love Lost in Paper and Sandy Allnock. Julia Altermann-just one more card--- is a true talent and she makes me laugh! There is a lot of inspiration and generosity out there! l love that so many people take the time to make a video!

digirlwiz 08-22-2015 07:26 AM

I forgot to mention- I find a lot of great blogs from participating in challenges. I love to see the other entries in the challenges-- and TRY to leave comments on the other bloggers. You will find lots of different styles and techniques.

Rosestamping 08-26-2015 04:22 AM

Stamping to Share is my absolutely favorite. She posts a video almost every day.

ladyofcards 08-26-2015 05:23 AM

What a great list! I have watched many of these papercrafting geniuses but I am excted to see new ones!

tigerlily55 08-26-2015 05:27 AM

Ok now I know what I'll be doing all day today. ;-) I do like frugal crafter and I'm familiar with some of the others. It's all the ones I'm not familiar with that I must check out! Great thread!

harrahx2 08-26-2015 08:46 AM

i love Teneale Williams also. The has some great cards!

Kristy Tyra 08-26-2015 08:49 AM

Wow! Soooo many videos...so little time! Can't wait to check these out!

bluebird52pa 08-26-2015 10:55 AM

bumping - thanks for all the information ladies!

Bebo 08-26-2015 12:00 PM

I also love Vicki Papaioannou for both her cards but mostly for her mixed media journal pages. Wish she was available in the US for workshops

Caturner62 08-26-2015 12:23 PM

Great lists! I would add CeeCee's Creations. She mostly does mixed media, but some cards, art journaling. Beautiful stuff, very inspiring. And she's fun!

Barbara Boland 08-26-2015 01:29 PM

My best friend is You Tube. I echo the choices of Muscrat. I wish to thank the ladies for turning me on to Lisa Ebersole. She is very clear and easy to follow.

GlendaC 08-26-2015 02:58 PM

Tutorials

I sub to 398 channels. I love learning all the time. (Obviously not all these people are posting all the time and I don't watch everything - that would be impossible). Nowadays I skip hauls, swaps, albums, layouts, destashes, etc. and just stick to my interests. I also share what I'm learning on my own channel. I love Jennifer McGuire as I find her opinions fair and a great variety of info on her channel. I think I watch almost everyone mentioned here, but might have to check out the few names I didn't know. When I run out of new things to watch, I search out cardmaking uploaded in the last week or month to see if there are channels not found yet. It always amazes me to find a channel with many subbies and yet it was undiscovered to me. Sometimes I wonder how YT decides what we need to know about.

beverlymun51 08-26-2015 06:38 PM

I love Christina Griffiths from England. She has very beautiful, feminine cards with lots of flowers ribbons, and pearls! In fact her blog is called Flowers Ribbons and Pearls. I'm always excited to see a new video from her. I'm glad to see so many new names from everyone else. Got lots of video watching to do:)

cailinriley 08-26-2015 06:59 PM

Michelle Wecksler (Figments of My Imagination). She's done lots of great videos using SU products, but has branched out into mixed media lately. Love her work. I think this is the right link to her YouTube channel: Michelle Joy Wecksler

Rebecca Ednie 08-26-2015 07:57 PM

If you like mixed media, try a blog called Clip n Cuts and one by Gabrielle Polacco.

RCAP99 08-27-2015 08:06 AM

Love this topic!