Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you who have.......

Ok Ladies I am moving from Hawaii to Nebraska in 6 weeks and I have to figure out how to do my stamps. I have two cropping bags...one is being mailed and one is going on the plain with me....what are 10 things you would take with you and 10 things you would pack to have in about 2 weeks while you wait the (90 days) for the rest of your stuff gets there...I am freaking out and don't want to leave anything but I have to and need your help>

Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I would say the basic tools that you don't want to replace and some stamps to tide you over. Other than that, you're going to be so thrilled with all the new stuff stateside that you'll be shopping.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

i say bring all your stamp stuff and leav e your cloths! Who needs cloths when you can stamp lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am SO jelous! Why am I only the person stuck here on this God forsaken rock? I would take a small cutter, tape, spots if you have them if not 5 fav colors, 3 fav stamp sets, couple sheets of each color and a ziploc of ribbon Have a wonderful move
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I say to get a couple of the flat rate boxes, get a temporary address or someone there that will accept packages for you, and mail as much as you can. You can claim that postage as a moving expense, because there are things that the packers just will NOT move (money is one of them). Throw a baggie of loose change in the box just to make it legit.

I know you remember the Navy family that moved here right as Katrina hit & they lost absolutely everything because their shipment was underwater. Make sure that you document everything you have.

When my best friend moved last year, she shipped several boxes to herself in GA because there are things that you need right up to the end, but just can't find the space for in your bags. And remember, the $25 charge for having an overweight bag isn't that much when you think about how long you have to live without the stuff!

My itty bitty gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 05:18 AM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

I haven't moved in almost 20 years, so I'm not really one to talk.
However, I would take white cardstock and a sampling of cs colors that you like. Pack a few coordinating ink pads, your paper cutter, a mono and refill, your current 3 favorite stamp sets, a word set, and whatever your favorite embellishments are. Oh, scissors too! You'll be busy unpacking at first, and won't be able to stamp until you get things set up anyway. Hopefully by then, your other supplies will come in the mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 05:25 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

If you are carrying your bag on - make sure to check about your tools. I dont know if they still prohibit scissors and hammer - but would hate to have those taken away. Might just pack those tools in yuor checked luggage. I had a friend have a little tiny travel kit hammer taken at the airport several years ago. You don't get them back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 05:35 AM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by amahanes
If you are carrying your bag on - make sure to check about your tools. I dont know if they still prohibit scissors and hammer - but would hate to have those taken away. Might just pack those tools in yuor checked luggage. I had a friend have a little tiny travel kit hammer taken at the airport several years ago. You don't get them back.
I thought about that too. I rarely travel, but I have had my nail scissors taken, and I was really upset.
I believe that they are no longer confiscating scissors, but paper cutter and scissors should probably be in checked luggage just in case. (You can always find room for a pair of scissors in with your clothes.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Im glad you brought up the "sharp" object thing I wouldn't have remembered that. I am hoping to quickly find someone that can accept packages for me ( I have not been able to get ahold of the sponsor) so that I can flat rate a few stamp sets and some paper. The selfish side of me says don't move any of it and buy it all when we get there...you can never have too much "stuff" but not sure hubby will like me for that...hahahahha

THANKS AGAIN LADIES.
anymore advice is welcomed here or in PM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wouldn't pack a huge amount of stuff. you are going to be really busy. but my 3 ideas are: prestamp images and take a coloring agent of your choice either pencils, markers or crayons. good practice time if anything. Secondly is take what you need to make We have MOved cards. and my last idea would be to get a jump start on christmas cards.

But seriously don't worry about taking lots. My experience is you wont have a ton of time to come up with ideas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #11  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Default I am a demo and took it all!

Really, the military gives you a ton of advance baggage poundage. I took over 100 stamp sets and a whole pack of every color cardstock, and all my accessories except a few punches in the advance baggage. You will not get time to stamp, cause you will e in temporary housing, getting your kids settled, exploring, tripping over your kids in the temporary housing, no time or space to your self.........Bringing all of it was a waste of time, but the navy paid for it so that is what did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Well my kiddo's are teenagers and we will have housing within a week so Im really wanting to be able to have my STESS RELIEF which is stamping so I love the idea of the WE MOVED and CHRISTMAS cards stuff...I think that is what I will base it on....plus im a jabber mouth...I have that hopefull thought that someone will want a show before our household goods there. I am working on that cruise darn it and things have been going very well...im so scared about my move and business that I don't want to let anything slip by. I know most ppl are flexible and will say oh when you get your stuff is fine but things change and I have learned when they say they are interested...BOOK EM...lol so im gonna start packing my two bags this weekend and use only things in them to stamp with to make sure I have it right. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT it makes a ton of sense.
Reply With Quote Likes