Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still enjoy making Christmas cards; but like many others I am getting less and less back in the mail myself. This makes me a little sad; but not enough to stop sending completely. Aside from some MAJOR life event that would make it difficult to sit down and craft I will continue to make and send cards as the mood strikes me!

Fall is my favorite season and I feel most inspired to "create" at that time. I have been making an effort to send more "gratitude" cards around Thanksgiving. But that's because I enjoy doing it.

I can't sit and make multiples of the same card. I think 8 is the most I've ever made of the exact same card and that's only because that takes care of immediate family at Christmas. After that; I'm lucky to make 4 or 5 the same. I just get bored. Plus I have so many stamps it seems a shame not to USE them! :-)

As I get older and life seems to keep getting more stressful, I remind myself that this is my hobby, something I do for pleasure, to relax. If ever I catch myself feeling like I HAVE to make something...I try very hard to walk away from the craft table and do something else. I don't want it to become a chore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #42  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't seen the mini catalog yet. I have 1 SU christmas set. I have a set from Martha Stewart. I need more Christmas stamps. I can't imagine sending 100 cards. I send maybe 6-8. Most of the Christmas cards I make are donated to Operation Write Home and to the local VA.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes