Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-17-2006, 02:48 AM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lisa

I love your cards! And I CASEd one of them for a gift set for a friend. (All I have Seen, with the buttons).

I agree with all the comments already posted about why some posts get more comments than others, when to post, how to get a good image... all great ideas.

that said - we know we all love to receive comments on our work (the whole validation thing mentioned in other threads). I post on SCS because - everyone can appreciate what we do, and I value opinions by artists far better than me!

Thanks for the OP, so we can all be reminded to visit and comment -- alot!
Jen and Jami - taking your thoughts about posting comments every day to heart ~ Off the gallery I go!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2006, 05:39 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa...I think your cards are great...I especially like the All I Have Seen with the buttons...very pretty...good work...keep it up! Thanks for sharing!
Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2006, 06:34 AM   #43  
Mad Swapper

This happens to me a lot too. Maybe we need a support group!

I try to post replies all the time ... especially to those that have little or no comments.

I think I have a couple cards still with no comments at all.

Your stuff is great! Going to post comments now! Take care!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2006, 07:31 AM   #44  
Stampin' Fool

I think your cards are wonderful! I noticed my DD ( who is a photographer) taking a picture of something of mine the other day. She stood on a chair to get a picture looking straight down on my cards. She also turns her flash off quite often to avoid flash back glare. I have tried that recently and it really works! Keep your cards coming! They are great! Now to go post some comments!

I also agree with the others who said something about the days you upload. I try now to never upload on Monday morning. I'm not sure when the best time is. I work and don't have very much time in the evenings to upload. It seems like uploading during the day is much better, but cause I work I can't do that!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #45  
Gabfest Goddess

Lisa,
You have an awesome gallery! Don't worry if you don't have many comments...a lot of people put them in their favorites but never comment on them...especially if they don't have DSL or cable! Takes too long!

(I have to say that I am guilty of the same and I do have DSL!!!)
You have nothing to worry about...your stuff is great!
Now I have to go and put some in my favorites!
Thanks for sharing!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

First, your gallery is great! I know how you feel. When the gallery was open to fan club members only a couple of months ago, I posted a great project that I thought was really unique. I put a real denim pocket on a Jr. legal notepad cover. It was really cute and the pocket was perfect to hold the matching pen. I think I only got one comment, but consoled myself with the fact that my friends were impressed. LOL

Perhaps someone already suggested this, but for those washed out photos, I can tell you what I did. I put my camera on the "flower" setting, for close-up photos. Then I hold the camera about 2 feet above the card so the flash isn't too bright, and I zoom in and allow it to focus, then snap the photo. Most of your pics are great, but in a few, the white part is so white you can't see the stamping.

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2006, 02:35 PM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehog
Perhaps someone already suggested this, but for those washed out photos, I can tell you what I did. I put my camera on the "flower" setting, for close-up photos. Then I hold the camera about 2 feet above the card so the flash isn't too bright, and I zoom in and allow it to focus, then snap the photo.
Thanks for giving specific instructions about photographing cards. This is very helpful information! I struggle with getting the right lighting and photo quality. I'm going to try your method. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2006, 07:45 AM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever
Default tell me again why youare crying?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle
Okay, here's the deal. I finally, after a year of lurking and posting, set up a gallery about a week ago. I think my cards are pretty, but I'm getting very few comments. A number of folks seem to be looking, but not many are saying anything. I look at other galleries, and they have like 20 comments on a card and I have none.:confused: I know, you're ready to call the WWWWWAAAAAAmbulance, but would you take a peek and tell it to me straight?

Lisa Loiselle's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks!
Your work is excellent, you kwow it, I know it and the American People know it. Don't worry about others and comments, it's good, that's what counts silly! :}
Although the squeaky wheel does getthe grease, you must have many comments now after your post! Are you happy now??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2006, 07:53 AM   #49  
Kookie Creator

I would'nt get upsete at all about that. Maybe they are just looking and didnt reply. Keep up the good work.

Kristie

Last edited by awayoflife; 03-07-2006 at 08:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes