Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Target Dollar Spot

I rarely luck out at my Target's dollar spot. I'll find things for my kids or the house, but rarely do I find the crafting things everyone posts about. I had NEVER seen the mailboxes.

Today, all of that changed. :-D They had mailboxes and a bunch of mainly Valentine's Day related scrapbooking items. Here is what I found:

Valentine's Brads -- heart shaped brads with X & O, KISS, LOVE, ONLY & TRUE (one letter on each brad)
Ribbon -- 3/8" ribbon, 3 spools per package, 1 yard each (I got a blue trio and a pink, blue & orange trio)
Ribbon -- 1/4", 6 spools, 1 yard each (Valentine theme & pastel themed with cherish, celebrate & true love on 3 of them)

They also had chipboard cut outs and self adhesive sponge/foam like letters & hearts.

I also picked up mini terra cotta pots with strawberry, lavendar or mini rose plants to put in the mailboxes. Also 3 packs of Mrs Fields chocolates for the mailboxes.

Then I headed back to the Christmas clearance and stocked up on UGLY cards for the envies -- thanks to the genius suggestion of someone here on SCS. I would have never thought of that!

I love getting good deals -- my most expensive item from Target was the cat litter!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Our Target had a whole lotta things I wished they'd had out for Xmas, because they are great 'masculine' type stocking stuffer ideas. They had a bunch of Dilbert office supplies including pens, list pads, and memo pads. There were small game sets like a mini golf putting green -- kinda silly but still fun. And the piece de resistance for me was the magnetic sculpture thingy.

With that one trip to Target i was able to get my DH's Valentine's Day gift totally taken care of. He's getting some Dilbert pens, a Dilbert sticky note pad shaped like Wally holding a coffee cup, the magnetic sculpture thingy, and chocolates (75% off from the Xmas section!) that I'll put loose into one of the dollar spot mailboxes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I got some of the three packs of ribbon, and reused the little plastic boxes that they came in. I posted a pic, but I am not sure if it is in my gallery yet. (If you want to click over,It's on my blog, too).

Basically, I put nuggets in the boxes and put ribbon around it and made a little topper for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

OK, so which one of you has always cleared out my Target before I get there? :rolleyes: I went yesterday, and the only thing I found was the $1 Valentine's ribbons- I got three. Otherwise, it was almost all kids' stuff and kitchen stuff.

Glad the rest of you are having better luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudywView Post
I got some of the three packs of ribbon, and reused the little plastic boxes that they came in. I posted a pic, but I am not sure if it is in my gallery yet. (If you want to click over,It's on my blog, too).

Basically, I put nuggets in the boxes and put ribbon around it and made a little topper for it.
I peeked at your blog-- they're very cute!
Reply With Quote Likes