Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SU's Birthday Memories DSP

I'm doing some deep excavation of craft room storage and found a package of this that I bought (fell in love with the cute marching animals, no doubt). I can see ways scrapbookers would use the 12 x 12 whole, but I'm a cardmaker. I've seen some card examples with individual images from the papers and they're enchanting, especially box cards and 3-D scenes. But do I assume correctly that these crafters FUSSY-CUT ALL THOSE ELEMENTS to make use of these papers on cards? Is THAT WHAT I ACTUALLY THOUGHT I would do when I bought this paper??! [insert me now laughing at my own expense]

Lol, in all honesty, I probably figured it would be fun to fussy-cut such cute images. And I don't despise fussy-cutting, but this just seems like a weird choice I made.

Folks out there who bought and used this DSP pack for cardmaking, is that mainly how you made use of the papers? Any other great tips for getting good mileage out of this pack?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2020, 08:13 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think usually people who made cards with that paper bought the dies that matched the stamp set and the paper.  The dies would cut out the fox with the flag for sure and a few other images on the other sheets of DSP. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2020, 08:45 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubilliView Post
I think usually people who made cards with that paper bought the dies that matched the stamp set and the paper.  The dies would cut out the fox with the flag for sure and a few other images on the other sheets of DSP. 

Ohhh, that makes complete sense. I'd forgotten (and/or maybe I never noticed at the time) that that coordinating stamp set and dies even existed. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes