Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-03-2004, 12:28 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Summer Mini...

Has anyone seen the new stamp sets from the Summer Mini?
What do you think of them? What do you think is a must have?!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2004, 12:30 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes, I think its great! My must have is La-Dee-Da! What about you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2004, 02:25 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I am so jealous of you all! I still have not gotten mine in the mail...
I have heard positive and negative reviews on it and can't wait to see what everyone is talking about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2004, 02:43 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

your jealous --- we all want to see and us non demonstrators can't -- now those are real tears!

lol
Kathie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2004, 02:48 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Yours will come soon enough. After all, you are on my mailing list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2004, 02:48 PM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

I'm so glad somone got theirs finally, for some reason I got mine a week ago today! I couldn't ask anyone I knew, because nobody had it! I LOVE the Hostess Appreciation set, GOTTA HAVE IT. The toaster is adorable (You pop up just when I need you!) and the Lamp (Happy Birthday just a Shade late) are sooo cute! I really like the Two-Step stampin' flower set, (something "leaves"?) and the wheel. I didn't care much for the postcard/collage type set, but should proabably get one of those to show. Oh, and there are FIVE collectios of buttons in all four groups plus a neutrals that will be on sale - 80 buttons of each collection for $5.95 or $6.95, can't remember which one. The copper metal edge tags are back again, too, for another quarter. Yeaaaaa! Can't wait to order in June!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2004, 02:52 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

Hello everyone,

I haven't gotten mine either, but it is posted now at the Stampin' Up! demonstrator site.
I love the new catalog. I want them all but one. There is one with a clown. The clown looks a bit strange but the sayings are priceless. Need that one.

Then there is one with flowers and leaves called Pedal Point. This one has a matching wheel and is definitely a must. The flowers and leaves remind you of Hero Art flowers.

Next is an absolute MUST. If you liked Paris in the Spring....you NEED this one. It's called La-Dee-Da. It has a girl in a bathtub. You see nothing of her but her foot hanging out, a flower between her toes. The whole tub is filled with flowers. It has a saying that says:"Too much of a good thing is wonderful"....Oh I can't wait. Jenn and I already preordered this one. I need to play with it as soon as it gets here.

Then there is one that I need to buy. It's a vintage set called Travel Post. It has two tag stamps, a postage stamp, a stamp with three luggage pieces stagged on top of each other, a vintage camera....and some other stuff. I so need that...but I was good and wait until June first to order it. I think I will try decorating my cigar box that is laying in a drawer with that!

The last one is okay...just not my thing. I don't even remember much about it....

Then you can order more metal rimmed tags and BUTTONS!!!!!! Like the one in the March promotion, but all different color groups. I will so order the EE, RR, BB and the neutrals. Well....I could also say I will order all of them except for the soft subtles. I already have two of those :oops: .

That's all. Hopefully we all hold our very own summer mini catalog in our hands so we can properly drool over it! LOL

Have a great evening. Hugs and smiles.

P.S.: Just came back from the pool. Don't hate me......just move closer! LOL

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

You guys are killing me! I didn't realize you could see the mini cat on the website. Where do I have to go to find it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2004, 03:09 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I FOUND IT! I learn something new everyday! Will give you an opion but have to go look at them again! haha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2004, 04:15 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Summer

The last one not mentioned, is the Daisy Days. It has an interesting textured look but I probably won't order it. My $$ is tight these days so I have to be picky. I feel the buttons will be in the new, big catty so I'm waiting on those (a must-have though...love buttons!). The only set I will buy is the Petal Prints/Leaf Prints wheel. Love the sketch-y look! How many flower sets will that give me??? Oh, who's counting, right??!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2004, 05:40 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Hi

I like pretty much everything in the mini catalog. And I agree, I'm not crazy about the clown in the one set, but I love the sayings and will buy it just for that reason. (And who knows--there have been sets before that I was sure I'd never use and they end up being some of my favorites).

Sherrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2004, 02:34 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I just love the La-Dee-Da! I think it's so cute and a must have! The clown is the one I like the least. Nice sayings but he's a little scary looking if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2004, 04:33 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Summer mini

In my opinion there are two scary stamps in the summer mini. Without a doubt, the clown has to go! I would order La-Dee-Da in a heartbeat because the bathtub stamp is precious, but what is up with the "Barbie mannequin head" stamp & then to make it worse they have flowers coming out of her head! Scary!!!! :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2004, 11:10 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Boy... I still am not sure what to think of the summer mini cat....
They seem so similar to past sets. I was hoping for a different style. I am sure the more I see done with these sets the more I will be adding them to my must have list! Lots of potential but need to see more samples. The sayings for all the sets are awesome. wish SU had sets with just phrases like them for purchase.... an idea to submit to SU
The hostess appreciation is Awesome but that is usually how it goes. I like the one you have to earn.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2004, 05:45 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got to have Petal Prints and the wheel that goes with it! As for the head with the flowers sprouting from it...just awful. Reminds me of those "lady head" vases I disliked when I was a florist! The clown is pretty weird looking, too. I can't imagine what you'd do with that one that would be attractive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2004, 06:12 AM   #16  
Glitter Guru

Default summer mini

I am so glad that I am not the only one who thinks that the lady with flowers coming out of her head is just weird! I immediately thought 'blooming idiot' but know that I can't send a card (or demo one) that says that! :lol: (shame, shame on me!) As for the clown, I'm with all of you. I love the sayings, but I just can't do that clown!

I want the vintage set without a doubt, and the floral set with matching wheel are also must haves. I agree about the buttons and tags probably being in the new, big catty, but honestly, who can wait that long?!?!?!? July is just tooooooooo far away for me! I am such a pathetic stampaholic! I want it all and I want it now!

Jennifer
Chardon, OH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2004, 01:49 PM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

Default summer mini

I agree with the description of the Jest Between Friends set - that clown is SCARY looking. I know that is the only one I definitely won't be ordering. I love the La Dee Da and the Travel Post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2004, 04:14 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

I didn't realize petal points was in the summer catty. I've seen several postings of samples of them and really like it. What is/are the saying(s) in the set and what is the cost? May have to break down and buy that one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2004, 09:26 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, it I thought it was about time I answered my own question about the summer mini...I really love Petal Points...it is a must have! And the wheel that goes with it is a must as well. The samples I have seen are terrific, so I am now trying to decide if I should purchase them in June, or wait until July and order it with other "must haves" from the new catalog. As for the rest, I wasn't that impressed. The La Dee Da set...sorry the flowers coming out of her head just looks silly. And I agree with everyone else about the clown in the Jest Between Friends set. The daisy set..I guess it just is not my style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2004, 03:05 PM   #20  
Crimping Master

There does seem to be a style for everyone in this...as recent past...mini catalog. I am sort of glad that I'm not IN LOVE with all of them. I am always very selective on which mini sets that I buy and only buy the ones I know that I will want to use for my personal stamping....then wait to see if the others return to the big catalog. The only summer mini set I have to have is Petal Prints. I have never liked clowns and this one in Jest Between Friends is very scarey in deed! The La-Dee-Da set would be much better without the "Barbie head"...it may be one that I will wait to see if it comes back. The Furnished with Love hostess set isn't a must have for me...as was the spring one "It's a Girl thing" Travel Post is nice but I wouldn't use it....and I'm not really fond of that air brushy style of Daisy Days. I was excited to read in the June SS that our minis will begin having more sets and accessories each time.
Reply With Quote Likes