Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU Summer Mini (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-summer-mini-138668/)

jpmayo 04-19-2006 12:26 PM

SU Summer Mini

Ok, I need to know the "rules" for talking about unreleased SU info on this site...I was looking with at the new SU Summer Mini Catty, that isnt out yet and wondering if we are even "allowed" to mention what is in it on here. I think we may not be allowed to since there isn't anyone talking about it. Maybe they are discussing it in the Demo Only Forum but we don't know.
Just wondering, thanks!

kelly.sutterfield 04-19-2006 12:33 PM

Speaking just for myself, as a demo, I would prefer you not disclose the information. I am still trying to promote the Spring Mini, along with the April Special. I have already lost a customer order for April because the gal found out about the May special from a friend that comes to SCS. And that's not even a definite order, as she said that she "might" want to order it.

I'm glad that all you ladies are excited about new products, but it really can have a negative impact on us demos when the information is leaked so early.

Doris 04-19-2006 12:47 PM

Personally I would love to know what is in the summer mini. I am not a demo, but I need to place another order for paper, but am waiting to see if there are any sets that I "need" to have. Is the linen BS in it?

RidiculouslyAddicted 04-19-2006 12:54 PM

I also would love to know what's in the mini, but two things are stopping me from begging:
1) I don't want to steal my demos thunder,
and
2) If I can't see the sets, it doesn't much matter since I won't "get it".

About the Linen background, I'm guessing it's not in there -- if it's going to "make it", it'll probably be in the new IB&C.

AmyR 04-19-2006 12:57 PM

The Linen BG won't be carried into the summer mini - hopefully we'll see it in the new catty.

jpmayo 04-19-2006 01:00 PM

Yes, I can say (without giving anything away:) ) that the Linen BG stamp isn't in there, I don't think there were any BG stamps...

rebecca wheeler 04-19-2006 01:14 PM

thanks for not sharing...I know how hard my demo works, and it is so much fun hearing from her what is new..that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to know...however, I will wait...

jpmayo 04-19-2006 01:16 PM

I guess it actually would be better if I didn't know because now I am already "shopping" in it, in my mind...and on my "wish list", and it is a little painful knowing how long I have to wait to get the new stuff. Oh well, i'll just order some more from the Spring mini:):)

mmferg 04-19-2006 01:27 PM

That is really nice of you to ask!!! A lot of times as soon as someone knows something 'new' they have a hard time keeping it to themselves. I know I have moments like that.

I think waiting to see the mini....is always well worth the wait. SU! did a great job with the mini this time around :)

bsktcase27 04-19-2006 01:44 PM

Yes it was nice to ask..but I do not think it is against the "rules" to post what you know..and there are lots of folks here who are not demos who will be really happy to hear the news. Before you flame me on this..I have a home based direct sales business too..and my customers find out the scoops before I send out new flyers..that's just the breaks...and it's part of the business..so let us have our fun and find out about the spring mini before we get it in our hands.. you can't control outside influences..provide good customer service and your customers will be loyal..just my 2 cents..I do not mean to offend...

mmferg 04-19-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsktcase27
Yes it was nice to ask..but I do not think it is against the "rules" to post what you know..and there are lots of folks here who are not demos who will be really happy to hear the news. Before you flame me on this..I have a home based direct sales business too..and my customers find out the scoops before I send out new flyers..that's just the breaks...and it's part of the business..so let us have our fun and find out about the spring mini before we get it in our hands.. you can't control outside influences..provide good customer service and your customers will be loyal..just my 2 cents..I do not mean to offend...

I think this is one of those moments that it is best I bite my lip, and just say that I understand the excitement. Your demo has access to the summer mini, and if you are that excited then you should contact her and ask her to share it with you.

birdbrain 04-19-2006 02:09 PM

The Summer Mini's will arriving in the near future...patience my little stamping friends.;)

Lisa

Novell 04-19-2006 02:35 PM

I'm more anxious for the retired list than the Summer Mini. What I have to spend in there depends on what comes out on the retired list.

deb_loves_stamping 04-19-2006 02:44 PM

I want to know, I want to know!!!! Can you at least tell us if you think it is awesome???

Jeanne S 04-19-2006 02:50 PM

Very awesome :)

mmferg 04-19-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stamping
I want to know, I want to know!!!! Can you at least tell us if you think it is awesome???

I am with Jeanne on this one...very awesome!!!

There are only 4 sets out of the 18 that I do not have on my May 1st *must have* order.

Palapala 04-19-2006 02:55 PM

So when is this catty available for us mere mortals?? I already went broke on the Spring Mini! Darn, there goes the grocery money - sorry, honey, no food AGAIN this month, but I'm stampin happy!!

Mahloumel 04-19-2006 02:56 PM

Knowledge is power! I would be a much happier customer knowing I had passed over a cool special in April so I could double my order for even cooler stuff in May, rather than splurging in April and not being able to get stuff from the new mini that I wanted. My order would still bring my demo that much closer to the cruise no matter if I placed it this week or next, right? JMHO, I know there is room for all kinds of opinions and approaches here at SCS!

mmferg 04-19-2006 03:01 PM

The mini's will be arriving in customer's mailboxes mid May :) Demos will have their hard copy sometime within the next week. Hopefully your demos will share a sneak peek with you :)

I do share with my customers at my club meetings, it helps build the excitement and helps them plan....but that is just me ;)

jaxma 04-19-2006 03:01 PM

Talk about it! Talk about it! I want to know!!!!

kathleenh 04-19-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Knowledge is power! I would be a much happier customer knowing I had passed over a cool special in April so I could double my order for even cooler stuff in May, rather than splurging in April and not being able to get stuff from the new mini that I wanted. My order would still bring my demo that much closer to the cruise no matter if I placed it this week or next, right? JMHO, I know there is room for all kinds of opinions and approaches here at SCS!

You are not going to be able to order from the Summer mini until June 1. That background special is awesome. I say take advantage of that now!

Kathleen

jkstieber 04-19-2006 03:06 PM

For us non-demos would there actually be an "overlap" period where I might know what's in the summer mini and still be able to order from the spring mini? I want a lot from the spring mini but I'd really like to see what's in the summer mini before I place a huge order from the spring mini and then end up not being able to order anything from the summer mini. I hope I was clear enough, talk about a run-on sentence!

GoodImpressions 04-19-2006 03:11 PM

I agree with Mahloumel...knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss, but only if one remains ignorant. If I knew what was in the summer mini now, I could better plan how to spend my money. I only have a certain amount of money to spend on stamps...it's not like I would spend a lot in April and then have another large sum of money to spend again in June. The retirement list will be coming out soon, and I have to start saving for that, too. I would appreciate knowing what was in the summer mini as soon as possible so I could make decisions that are best for me.

deb_loves_stamping 04-19-2006 03:20 PM

I agree, I want to know, I want to know. I want to start planning my money and what I can buy!!!!

barbstamps 04-19-2006 03:25 PM

I don't think the issue here is whether or not customers should have the information--it's who should share it. Go ahead and call your demo!

kelly.sutterfield 04-19-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodImpressions
I would appreciate knowing what was in the summer mini as soon as possible so I could make decisions that are best for me.

Then this is something you need to discuss with your demo. Maybe she will give you a sneak peak. There has been a lot of discussion on the Demo boards about spilling the beans so early, and stealing the thunder away from demonstrators who like the opportunity to share the information with their customers. Let me reiterate that as a demo, I would appreciate that this information be kept off of this board until customers begin receiving their mini catalog in the mail.

And as for the argument in general (not directed at any ONE person here) that you want to know if you should skip this special to plan for the next mini catalog, there will always be changing purchase priorities. Those who skip the April special to wait for the May special will then decide they want to order retiring sets, but then get a sneak peak at the Summer Mini & wait to order from that. BUT WAIT! The new catalog will be out on July 1st, so I'll just wait for that to come out instead! When do you ever actually BUY anything?

JMO, so flame away. But I refuse to participate in trying to "one-up" a fellow demonstrator.

sltch 04-19-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieber
For us non-demos would there actually be an "overlap" period where I might know what's in the summer mini and still be able to order from the spring mini? I want a lot from the spring mini but I'd really like to see what's in the summer mini before I place a huge order from the spring mini and then end up not being able to order anything from the summer mini. I hope I was clear enough, talk about a run-on sentence!

There is an overlap period. Demos will have the minis soon. And customers will get their complementary copies in mid May so yes there is time. HTH

Personally, I think both minis are great.

mmferg 04-19-2006 03:35 PM

Very well said Kelly!

Your demo is the best place for you to get this information :)
If you are having a hard time deciding what to order...that is what your demo is there to help you with.

If you love getting sneak peeks, perhaps you should talk to your demo about becoming a demo...it is one of the many perks!

stampmouse 04-19-2006 03:41 PM

well speaking as a customer I would think it would be unfair to list the info on the list but privately I think that would ok. Personally don't care for the may special but took full advantage of the April special. My demo is awesome and gets the word out as soon as she can meaning mailing to me. But the inpatient side of me wants to know asap. lol

GoodImpressions 04-19-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly.sutterfield
Then this is something you need to discuss with your demo. Maybe she will give you a sneak peak. There has been a lot of discussion on the Demo boards about spilling the beans so early, and stealing the thunder away from demonstrators who like the opportunity to share the information with their customers. Let me reiterate that as a demo, I would appreciate that this information be kept off of this board until customers begin receiving their mini catalog in the mail.

And as for the argument in general (not directed at any ONE person here) that you want to know if you should skip this special to plan for the next mini catalog, there will always be changing purchase priorities. Those who skip the April special to wait for the May special will then decide they want to order retiring sets, but then get a sneak peak at the Summer Mini & wait to order from that. BUT WAIT! The new catalog will be out on July 1st, so I'll just wait for that to come out instead! When do you ever actually BUY anything?

JMO, so flame away. But I refuse to participate in trying to "one-up" a fellow demonstrator.

Although you did not direct your statement to any one person, I will respond and give you my viewpoint. I spent over $150 on SU's background special this month alone. Most of the background stamps I ordered were on my wish list so I was happy, but a few were splurges. I spend plenty on stamps, but find there are times I cannot buy what I want because the money is already spent. So it's not that I don't spend money because I constantly delay purchasing. I actually buy from several demo's. I'm sure I keep all of them happy with the amount I spend. I will take your advice and discuss this issue with them.

jaxma 04-19-2006 03:51 PM

And I reiterate as a customer: I want to know, I want to know! If the original poster won't do it, someone else will. We've pretty much always known beforehand on SCS what's in the Mini catalogs. Why should this one be any different?

jkstieber 04-19-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sltch
There is an overlap period. Demos will have the minis soon. And customers will get their complementary copies in mid May so yes there is time. HTH

Personally, I think both minis are great.

Thank you. For the life of me, I just couldn't remember if I received my spring mini before or after March 1. I was planning to order from the spring mini in May, so I think I'll wait until I see the summer mini and then I could drop something from my spring mini wishlist if the summer mini is really good.

Mahloumel 04-19-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathleenh
You are not going to be able to order from the Summer mini until June 1. That background special is awesome. I say take advantage of that now!

This thread is mostly academic for me, as I have already spent my craft budget for April and May. :(

jailbirdstamper 04-19-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel

I agree with this completely as I like to plan my purchases. However, what is a downer for me as a customer is seeing hundreds of cards uploaded before I can even order the stamps. By the time I got unfrogettable it was old news here. I wish we could see **some***** cards but not hundreds of them before they are available. However, if the poster doesn't release the info then somebody will.....it's like trying to stop a waterfall with a thimble.

row4d 04-19-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
However, what is a downer for me as a customer is seeing hundreds of cards uploaded before I can even order the stamps. By the time I got unfrogettable it was old news here.

This has been discussed very recently on the demo boards as well. We have agreed among ourselves to post samples for several upcoming sets to the demo-only gallery for now, and they will be moved to the general gallery once the sets become available to customers. :)

lynnewithane 04-19-2006 04:49 PM

I'm just a good customer, not a demo. I buy from two ladies, one is really my demo, the other is a friend's. We buy at each other's workshops. If I happen to attend a stamp camp, etc. at my demo's house, and she is in possession of a yet to be released mini catalog, she will pass it around and let us see what is available. If I don't make it to a class, then I get it in the mail. No problem.
What I have really appreciated here is finding out the specials! My demo has had family issues and doesn't send out newsletters like she used to. I don't really want to bother her to ask "What is next month's special?" So, it has been very convenient that I can find it out here. I got 9 backgrounds this month, but will be ordering from the spring mini in May at my sister's workshop. Nothing in the summer mini would keep me from ordering what I want from the spring mini, so I don't mind waiting until it comes in the mail. If someone started a thread telling the types of stamps in it, would I listen? Sure I would. That's part of the fun here.
But, it is a lot of work for my demo to send out newsletters, I don't think she can call all of her customers just to tell them the special, so I don't see a problem if I read it here. I know now that I am not interested in the May special, so that lets me plan the rest of my order for my sister's workshop. Does that make sense?

mom of Marine 04-19-2006 05:00 PM

Oh bummer. I ordered so many more sets because of the cards I saw demo'd here. I don't mind that the demos post cards here first- I love seeing their creativity.

BsmtScrapper 04-19-2006 05:12 PM

Killin' me!

You're killin' me!!! I'm rediculous when it comes to secrets. I'll drive people nuts to find out. I shake, rattle, sniff, scratch, rub, and x-ray my Christmas presents.

AAAACCCKKK!!!!

lynnewithane 04-19-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper
You're killin' me!!! I'm rediculous when it comes to secrets. I'll drive people nuts to find out. I shake, rattle, sniff, scratch, rub, and x-ray my Christmas presents.

AAAACCCKKK!!!!

You x-ray your Christmas presents? How do you do that? Are you a rad tech?

BsmtScrapper 04-19-2006 05:27 PM

LoL

No, it's just something I say around my birthday and holidays. I get a little excited!

But if anyone near me has one (x-ray machine) let me know, I'll come by around Dec 20th.