Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-24-2010, 05:31 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SU demonstrator bail-out?

So, back in November (Nov 6th), an aquaintance of mine has a Stampin Up party that I didn't go to but ordered from. It's now been over 2 months & I still haven't recieved my order! I've talked to my hostess twice now, and she is so frustrated that she was threatening to report her to Stampin Up. Apparently the demonstrator, who she has had parties with in the past, has never answered any of her messages or emails.

The weird thing is, I had given her my credit card number to pay for my order (just a punch) and once I started looking back at my statements realized she NEVER TOOK THE MONEY OUT!! How strange is that? So I guess it's like I never ordered anything anyways, so I'm not out. But I wanted my punch! Not sure what steps my hostess is taking next, just thought it was very unusual for a demonstrator to just bail out on a party!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 05:39 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

Sorry the demo bailed on you. I wonder if she had a family issue that has her preoccupied. It is an usual situation. At least you are not out any money. If you still want the punch you can always contact another demo or order it online.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 06:00 AM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That is very strange. I'm sorry that happened, but I hope nothing bad happened to the demonstrator.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

That is definitely the exception. I think most SU demos pride themselves on excellent customer service. I'd try another demo. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 07:03 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Wow! I am so sorry this happened to you!!

First of all, I would have your acquaintance contact Stampin' Up at 1-800-STAMP-UP. She can tell the agent what happened. As the demo isn't calling her back, I am hoping that Stampin' Up! can contact that demo to see what is going on. Even if some unfortunate circumstances happened to the demonstrator, the hostess deserves an answer to why her order wasn't placed.

If you would still like to place an order for the punch, you can use demonstrator finder on www.stampinup.com to find another demonstrator local to you. The other option is to place an online order with a demonstrator whose style you like (i.e. on blog, DBWS, etc...).

Good luck to you and your friend. Please know that most Stampin' Up! demonstrators work really hard to make sure that their customers are happy.

Happy Stamping!

Stampin' Up! Demo...and lovin' it!!!
I'd love for you to check out my blog: http://www.atouchfromtheheart.typepad.com/
http://www.pattichesky.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had something like this happen to me once with a Southern Living demonstrator. I found out sometime later that she was going through a divorce so maybe, as someone suggested, she has a personal crisis happening. If it were me, I'd cancel any pending orders with that person IN WRITING (or email) so that if the charge ever comes through you have some record to dispute the charge with. Just order your punch from someone else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 07:27 AM   #7  
kt3
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattiLynnView Post
Wow! I am so sorry this happened to you!!

First of all, I would have your acquaintance contact Stampin' Up at 1-800-STAMP-UP. She can tell the agent what happened. As the demo isn't calling her back, I am hoping that Stampin' Up! can contact that demo to see what is going on. Even if some unfortunate circumstances happened to the demonstrator, the hostess deserves an answer to why her order wasn't placed.

If you would still like to place an order for the punch, you can use demonstrator finder on www.stampinup.com to find another demonstrator local to you. The other option is to place an online order with a demonstrator whose style you like (i.e. on blog, DBWS, etc...).

Good luck to you and your friend. Please know that most Stampin' Up! demonstrators work really hard to make sure that their customers are happy.

Happy Stamping!

Great information!

I agree the party host should call Stampin' Up! right away. This is very strange & I've never heard anything like it. I too hope the demo is okay and am glad for you too that at least no money was taken out of your account.

There are lots of good people you can find through here and through the demonstrator locator/finder, so I'm sure you'll be able to still get the punch you want.

Good luck, I hope everyone is okay, and happy stamping!

Kristi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I am sorry that happened to you. You are not charged for an item until the order is placed so I would suspect that the order was never placed. Like others have said maybe she is going through a personal matter. I am sorry for your friend as well. This is definitely not how things should have been done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Sounds like she must have had something pretty serious go on to not even reply to the hostess. I know personally that sometimes things happen to us or a family member and you literally drop out of life for awhile and you can't get back in the swing of things. I've had some very serious things happen to me in the past 4 months and I know I never did things I should have. When I finally got around to speaking to those that I brushed off, they understood.

Since the demo didn't even place the order or take off with anyone's money, my bets are on a major life event that wasn't good.
Reply With Quote Likes