Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stores in Tampa/Clearwater area?

Hi everyone,

I will be traveling to the Tampa Bay/Clearwater area in February. Any not to miss stores?

Thanks!

Kim
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Scraps of Art - Seminole FL (near Clearwater)

We�ve had a lot of stores close here in the last few of years. There is a new store on Seminole Blvd (aka Alt 19) in Seminole FL � about mid-way between Clearwater and St Pete Beach. The owners are experienced and talented. Their web site is Scraps Of Art - Scrapbooking & Rubber Stamping Supplies & Classes - Seminole, Florida and has a map to the store.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Whim So Doodle in downtown St. Pete is the top store in the area. Has a wonderful, current variety of stamps & scrapbooking supplies. Great selection of Tim Holtz and Unity if you are into that. Premier scrapbooking supplies at Whim So Doodle

There is also Scrapbooking in Paradise but I honestly don't like it very much. If you only can choose one choose Whim So Doodle.

Yes, a lot of stores have closed but we also have a lot in the area. Ruban Rouge is now Posh Scraps - Posh Scraps. Haven't been there.

I think there is a store in Lutz - just north of Tampa.

I haven't been to the new one mentioned above but I will check it out for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

I was just in that area the last week of December.

Scrapbooking in Paradise has closed and merged with Scraps of Art. I didn't get to Scraps of Art to check their place out.

Whim So Doodle has a great variety of merchandise, but their staff was pretty rude to me. I don't have an LSS anywhere near me at home, so I took my time browsing through the place. As the cashier was ringing up my purchases (two Basic Grey 6" x 6" pads and several packages of half pearls), she said something to the extent of, "All that time you've been in here and this is all you're getting?" Her tone of voice was lighthearted but I didn't consider it to be much of a joke.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

The store in Lutz is called Scraporium - very friendly/ helpful ladies and quite a wide range of stock - of course, depending on what you are looking for. I would say that it is worth a visit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VAView Post
I was just in that area the last week of December.

Scrapbooking in Paradise has closed and merged with Scraps of Art. I didn't get to Scraps of Art to check their place out.

Whim So Doodle has a great variety of merchandise, but their staff was pretty rude to me. I don't have an LSS anywhere near me at home, so I took my time browsing through the place. As the cashier was ringing up my purchases (two Basic Grey 6" x 6" pads and several packages of half pearls), she said something to the extent of, "All that time you've been in here and this is all you're getting?" Her tone of voice was lighthearted but I didn't consider it to be much of a joke.
Thanks for the Scrapbooking in Paradise/Scraps of art update!

you know - I was going to say something about that at WSD, but I decided to hold my tongue so I'm glad you mentioned it. It can be very clique-ish there so don't go expecting sunshine and roses. But it really is a beautiful store and the staff will help you if you ask. I'll browse for a very long time on my lunch break and only buy one little piece of paper and nobody turns their nose up at me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMamaView Post
Thanks for the Scrapbooking in Paradise/Scraps of art update!
I was a little disappointed that Scrapbooking in Paradise closed. Granted, I don't think my purchases there ever amounted to more than $25 at a time, but the location was only about 5 minutes from my inlaws' house. I have to admit I giggled a bit at the sign in their window. They'd put the website URL for Scraps of Art, and I noticed they were careful to capitalize each word - otherwise it might have looked like "scrap so fart", LOL.

Quote:

you know - I was going to say something about that at WSD, but I decided to hold my tongue so I'm glad you mentioned it. It can be very clique-ish there so don't go expecting sunshine and roses. But it really is a beautiful store and the staff will help you if you ask. I'll browse for a very long time on my lunch break and only buy one little piece of paper and nobody turns their nose up at me.
I've been going to WSD periodically (i.e. whenever we visit my husband's family) since 2002, but this was the first time they'd ever acted snarky to me. Usually I mention something about being from out of state when I'm at the register, and they chit chat about that a bit (one girl - don't remember her name - grew up about 90 minutes north of where I live). But when the cashier seemed unhappy with my purchase this last time I just wanted to give her my cash and get out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

LOL about scraps of art - I did a double-take when I typed in the url. I just never got very excited about SIP, but WSD was closer for me when I worked in downtown St. Pete. Sometimes I work at All Children's so I'll go by there when I have a chance. But I'm on a self-imposed spending ban so I haven't been by in awhile.

I hear you and I would have thought it was rude too. Bummer.

But I hope the OP will still check it out - it really is a beautiful store.
Reply With Quote Likes