Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2005, 08:49 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Storage for refill inks.....

I'm getting the refill inks gradually & am wondering how some of you store them - what kind of container. I'm setup in my DR right now so don't have the ink pad storage thingies, etc. (have a few iris carts that hold myink pads, some paper, extra embellishments) & an antique cupboard that holds embellishments, ribbon, paper. I don't use the refill inks that often. Any suggestions for how I might want to store them.
Thanks much,
Kitty
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2005, 05:37 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

btt

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2005, 07:06 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how much help this will be, because I have my craft room in the basement, but I have an Iris cart with 6 drawers. Right now, I have my refills in the tray that is the top of the cart, but discovered that they actually JUST fit into one of the drawers. I really like the cart and got it on sale at Viking.com.

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2005, 08:10 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Ink Refills

You know those storage boxes in the hardware department for screws, nuts and bolts. It's a big box with drawers in them? Well I found 1 that had 24 large size drawers in it, all the same size. I put 3 colors in each and I store my reinkers, a sponge dauber in a small baggie for each color and all my ink cartridges for the wheels. There are 6 rows with 4 drawers each. I did a color family in each row, 1 for neutrals and 1 for misc. such as discontinued or my metalics, or non-stampin up, if I ever acquire any. So far it's been working out great for me. I don't have a lot of ink cartridges though, so I may need to re-organize if I end up getting a lot of them. For my Stampin' Up Ink Pads, I found an awesome idea a long time ago on this site. I have a CD holder (one of the black ones that can hang on the wall), I put CD's with ideas and patterns in some slots to make perfect fitting cubbies. I can put 6 colors in each cubbie, so I have 2 for each color family and 1 for neutrals. It fit's perfect and there is a little space left over on each row for small misc storage, such as one of them is holding my return address stamps. The one with the neutrals is wider so I am able to stack my neutrals and metalics together. Hope this helps....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2005, 09:49 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I use one of those plastic shoebox-sized storage boxes. I cut a strip of cardboard (old cereal box!) to keep each color family separate, and then there's still a bit of room left over at the end for metallic inks, etc. This might be a little large for you right now, but it really works great when you have them all.

~Trish
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2005, 01:24 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts
Red face Glad I'm not Alone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by santakitty
I'm getting the refill inks gradually & am wondering how some of you store them - what kind of container. I'm setup in my DR right now so don't have the ink pad storage thingies, etc. (have a few iris carts that hold myink pads, some paper, extra embellishments) & an antique cupboard that holds embellishments, ribbon, paper. I don't use the refill inks that often. Any suggestions for how I might want to store them.
Thanks much,
Kitty
I don't have a suggestion for you. I am just getting ready to start buying re-inkers. (I do have all the colors of ink pads (well, the old ones).)
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am glad to know that I am not the only one set up in my dining room.

Is an iris cart just one of the clear plastic sets of drawers on wheels?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2005, 04:28 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks everyone! I love hardware stores (the real ones especially) & my SIL/MIL/aunt/cousin are doing a 'girls weekend' in a few weeks in Shunk/Eagles Mere, PA. A great little spot on this earth for antiquing and generally relaxing - soooo I'm going to keep my eyes open for an interesting box of some sort that will look nice in the DR & be practical for this storage. Hmmmmm, just had a flash flood in my brain - will have to rummage thru the 3rd floor & see if I have a hidden treasure I can use.......
Thanks again.
Kitty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I also use the plastic nut and bolt cabinet that I got at Wally's (Wal Mart). I also put a small label on each drawer and stamped the color on with a small solid stamp, then wrote an I for reinker, a C for cartridge, and an S for spot if I have it. As I get more I'll add more to my little code. I know this sounds intense to do but it only took a minute and I no longer am searching through all those bottles and cartridges to find a color. I can also clearly see what I don't have so I can put one or two on each order without double ordering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2005, 09:32 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Another thing that works great is SU's plastic storage cases w/ dividers (the ones the alpha sets come in - and now in the catty at the back). I use those to store all my re-inkers - a full color family fits in one case so I have 4 full right now and will be using a couple more for my neutral inks and Stazon re-inkers etc. The work great and I just store them on their sides to prevent any leaks and it's easy to access the colors I want since I have them all organized by color family.
HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2005, 06:29 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts
Red face Alphabet Storage Cases

Thanks for the great tip! I never would have thought those cases were that big! I am just getting ready to start buying re-inkers, so I will be using your idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2005, 06:39 AM   #11  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Right now, I store my reinkers in a drawer of one of my iris carts. But, I read a really cool tip (I'm sure it came from this board) that helps, so I'll share it.

Punch a small circle from a scrap of paper the same color as your reinker. Then, using diamond glaze (I think that's what it's called), 'glue' the spot to the top of the reinker bottle. I have a punch that makes a spot just the same size as the dimple in the reinker lid. Makes it MUCH easier to find the reinker color you're looking for.

HTH someone.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for all the great tips everyone {:>) I like to use things that are fun & decorative but for now - found a solution that was less than $2. A small plastic case at ACM (about 8"x6"), the same depth on both sides;when closed has a handle & a latch. The perfect depth for the refill bottles & looks like it will hold 40-50 bottles. but the hunt is on for the 'perfect' fun thing to store these in.
Kitty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile storage for reinkers

Hi! I use a two sided plastic box that originally was supposed to store match box cars for some young child. I put a label in each box so I know where to put the bottles after I use them and which ones I am out of or low on. Keeps them dust free and compact.

Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 01:34 PM   #14  
Say Cheese!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyR
Another thing that works great is SU's plastic storage cases w/ dividers (the ones the alpha sets come in - and now in the catty at the back). I use those to store all my re-inkers - a full color family fits in one case so I have 4 full right now and will be using a couple more for my neutral inks and Stazon re-inkers etc. The work great and I just store them on their sides to prevent any leaks and it's easy to access the colors I want since I have them all organized by color family.
HTH!
I did see a thread around here somwhere ( I have such a hard time finding anything after a couple days) where someone used these cases.. and in the slots put a reinker a 1/4 sponge and a dauber in one of the slots in one of these trays... so you kept them all together.. (there was a picture as well) I thought about doing this... the only thing is .. you woud have to have several of those cases to store ALL the colors.. which I do not have yet.. as I am slowly collecting my arsenol....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 04:21 PM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have 4 of the dzyntec storage cases which are sooo awesome. They have little storge shelves with dividers for them. Love it!

www.dzyntec.com

I design for ... Ellen Hutson LLC, & Maya Road

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2005, 06:51 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyR
HTH!
I have heard this before and tried it, but two refills won't fit in 1 slot in the ones I have. How do you do make them fit?
Reply With Quote Likes