Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2004, 06:33 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STAMPING RESOLUTIONS

Well, it is three hours till New Years here in Texas and I'm all cozy at home enjoying the last night with my Christmas lights...

Is anyone else out there in their PJ's and being crafty or checking out the SCS site on New Years Eve???...I am!

So, I was thinking that I would open a topic for people to share their STAMPING RESOLUTIONS for 2005!

Here are mine:

1. Get my scanner up and running again and start uploading some of my cards to the gallery. I get so many great ideas all the time and I tend to feel a little insecure about sharing my own...so I guess this is a combo resolution. Start uploading to gallery AND stop feeling so insecure about it!

2. Better organize my stamping area (I am actually working on this tonight). I am so inspired by all of your stamping rooms. I don't have a "room", but I have a nice little area that I need I am trying to make work for me. The organization of it is really such a fun part of it...such an opportunity to go through everything that I have and get excited about "new" items that I had forgotten about!

3. Start going to some local stamping/scrapbooking classes. I have really enjoyed getting involved with my SU demo and participating in her classes...I would really like to start going to some other classes offered at area stamping/scrapbook stores. I love that idea. It makes me really happy! So, I need to get all of their calendars organized and together and start signing up!

Anyone else want to add some of their STAMPING RESOLUTIONS?

(Small Print - You don't have to be wearing your PJ's tonight to respond to this post )

Dana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 06:40 PM   #2  
The Amazin' Yappin' Scrapper

I've been in my pj's all day! (There aren't many people I'd admit that too, but since I've been feeling lousy, I feel entitled )

Anyway, one of my resolutions is to get my stamping room ORGANIZED. I have an 8x10 sq ft nook off our master bedroom, that still has boxes that I don't know what are in them from when we moved in APRIL!!! I also work 40 hrs a week out of this room for my non-stamping job and need to come up with a better workspace. I'm lucky in that I have wireless internet because of DHs networking skills--but the computer still needs to be near an outlet I plan on opening those last two boxes tomorrow (after I dig them out from under the c/s they're currently holding).

I also want to teach myself to scrap this year. I'm going to force myself because in KS--there seem to be a lot more scrappers than stampers, and I need to know how to scrap if I'm going to sell SU! to scrappers.

I also joined the weight loss challenge, so work-outs are going to be forced into my schedule.

Jen

Fan my etsy shop on Facebook: RJY Handmade Designs

Check out my etsy shop: www.rjyhandmadedesigns.etsy.com

Blog: http://rjyhandmadedesigns.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 06:46 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenbish
I also want to teach myself to scrap this year. I'm going to force myself because in KS--there seem to be a lot more scrappers than stampers, and I need to know how to scrap if I'm going to sell SU! to scrappers.
OH YES, Scrapping...I would like to add that to my resolutions too! I would like to start that again. I use to do it a bit and now I would love to incorporate that into the stamping. Great idea!

Dana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 07:24 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, only 35 minutes left until the New Year and yes, I'm in my PJ's (been this way all day - been sick since Christmas Eve).

Yes to all the above resolutions, except for Scrapbooking. I just can't seem to get it. Sorry. However, I did upload my first ever 'project' just monents ago. I did a journal. I'm going to start using it tomorrow.

I really need to stamp some card and things. I have 78 sets of stamps, including wheels and am lurking on-line more than stamping. Well, I resolve to change that in 2005.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Debbie D.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 08:48 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Only 17 minutes til midnight. I've had more fun tonight staying home stamping. My non stamping friends would think I'm nuts.

My resolution: TO KEEP MY STAMPING ROOM CLEAN
I just spent three full days sorting out my room after moving it from a smaller space. I am really a messy stamper.
I want to get one of those over the sink shelves to anchor down the middle of my table. It will keep the small stuff at hand but the surface will be clear.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 09:10 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

It is after midnight here. the fireworks are going crazy. My son just went to sleep an hour ago! and I am also in my pj's....

Stamping resolutions: learn more techniques, make more cards, share stamping with more people

Scrapping resolutions: use more stamps in my scrapping, scrap more, scrap more, scrap more.

That's about it. I guess I could include organizing my scrap room, but I think I need a professional for that one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 09:46 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

my resolution will be to mail out more cards, since I tend to forget, and to start on my Christmas cards in September!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 10:05 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Okay, so I am in my PJ's, it's just after two and l5 year old DD is still not home. Another mother I trust is bringing her home from a party, but where is she. Forget stamping, I am freaking out. Okay, keep my mind off it, stamping. Keep better paperwork for my SU business. That's my resolution. And also as soon as our addition it finished, I'm holding my ground for my own space.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 10:26 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

My goal is to book more workshops this year and get more of a customer line going. Also to finish my basement and move my office/stamp room down there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 11:16 PM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Here are some of mine:

1. Get my stamping area organized (which will be easy since I'm moving it to another room)

2. KEEP my stamping area organized

hehehehehe!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 11:17 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Juststampin'-

I hope your DD comes home soon and that everything is fine. I have said a prayer for you and her.

My resolutions...
To STAMP MORE!!!!!!!!!
to organize my SU! room!
and to grow my SU! business!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 04:14 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

DD got home at 2:00 thanks for the prayers. She was fine, the mom who picked her up delivered a couple others home before her. Happy New Year.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 04:24 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I'm in my pj's, but it's also 7:18 am, so I feel entitled!

My stamping resolutions:

To mount my stamps that have been sitting in a box (some for over a year!) before I purchase more.

To get rid of the sets I no longer use.

To buy less (I know, <<<gasp>>>). I need to use the stuff I have. I practiced this resolution yesterday.

To start making stuff that I can sell at a craft fair (something I've been meaning to do and haven't taken the time)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 04:36 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

For me it will be to only commit to making what I can do with out hating it by the time I am done! LOL
I just did the reorganization thing so I am cool there, and I tend to keep it neat except when making too many Christmas cards!!!
And I am going to make it a point to scrap some more...really need to do that when the kids are SLEEPING though! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 04:40 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, here are my stamping resolutions:

1. ORGANIZE a) all my stamping stuff so that I can use it -- so far it spreads between two rooms and various containers, so that is not helping, I would be FAR more happy and productive if I spent some time getting this organized! Most important right now is to put all stamp set images in a binder so I know what I have, and get a file system going of all my cardstock so I can see what colors I have. b) my DD's craft stuff too so she can help out.

2. DO STAMPING more often. I love stamping and spend more time here gathering ideas in the gallery or going through drawers looking for stuff than I do stamping, and I should split my time more evenly. Sorry SCS'ers, but I have the NEED to stamp! Maybe assign one night a week, like Fridays when I don't have to work, or during one day when DD is at preschool and DS is napping.

3. Make a list of gifts to make for the year and actually DO them!

4. Involve my DD whenever possible. I did a week of projects with her and it was the best week ever, her behavior was ENORMOUSLY improved with the time spent together and doing art projects, which she LOVES!

5. Stop BUYING stuff and use the stuff I have!!! LOL. This will be the hardest of them all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 05:15 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here are mine:

1. To use all of my stamps and supplies, not just my CTMH stuff. I have so many stamps and supplies that I love, but that I ignore because sometimes I am too focused on making samples for my business. So I guess this resolution means focusing more on creativity.

2. Make some business goals and do my best to follow through on them. I would really like to kick my business up a notch this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's 9:30 AM in the new year and I am still in my pj's since I just woke up 30 minutes ago. Stayed up late then had the worst time trying to get to sleep. Luckily DS let me sleep in, an unusual occurence and one I can only attribute to the grace of God!

My resolutions:

1) Send out more RAK's...been on the receiving end of many and really need to spread the love!

2) Scrapbook more! Since becoming a demonstrator I have really gotten behind!

3) Remember to send birthday cards to loved ones this year instead of forgetting like I usually do!

4) Use up some of the supplies I have for scrapbooking so that when I buy more (notice the WHEN not an IF :lol: ) I will feel justified!

I'm already pretty organized...spent part of last night reorganizing my 12 x 12 paper rack!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 05:48 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

im just going to share what i have done.. i have sooo many cards to send out.. my family.. mine and my husbands sunday school classes (that is a lot of kids), the members of my bible study.. and friends. so.. i made a Word calendar for the whole year.. august to july.. (that is when our class will promote.. easier to update for kids that way.) so i made a word calendar.. and put in the names in differnt colors.. my girls in pink.. my husbands boy class in blue.. friends in red.. family in green and bible study in orange.. etc.
and i got together with another teacher one nite..a nd stamped for the whole class ahead of time.. i also stamp the rest of the cards a month early.. then.. while i am habitually on the computer.. thanks SCS... i make sure every sunday after church.. i look at my calendar for who has a birthday that week.. and i prepare the cards for mail out on monday.. it has become so habitual that it is easy to remember now..
HTH.

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 06:34 AM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc82742
so i made a word calendar.. and put in the names in differnt colors.. my girls in pink.. my husbands boy class in blue.. friends in red.. family in green and bible study in orange.. etc.
and i got together with another teacher one nite..a nd stamped for the whole class ahead of time.. i also stamp the rest of the cards a month early.. then.. while i am habitually on the computer.. thanks SCS... i make sure every sunday after church.. i look at my calendar for who has a birthday that week.. and i prepare the cards for mail out on monday.. it has become so habitual that it is easy to remember now..
HTH.
Very cool idea about the color coding of a calendar...thanks for the tip! I would like to be better at sending out birthday cards as well. Honestly, that is a lost art now in our family a bit. My grandmother was always so good about it...we would laugh that she would always have all of our birthday cards stamped and ready to go out a week or two BEFORE our birthdays. She is not able to do that now, but it is something that I would really like to take over that I learned from her.

Dana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 06:40 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Received 220 Likes on 125 Posts

Looking ahead to July 1, 2005....

I resolve to put away a minimum of $6 a week for the next 26 weeks so I can place, at the least, a minimum order of $150 from the 2005/2006 SU Idea Book and Catalog on July 1.

And, all the other usual resolutions...get organized, stamp more, hold more workshops, have at least 2 stamp clubs going, do more scrapbooking, conduct at least 2 stamp camps, have a supply of cards made so I'm not rushing to do a card at the last minute, have business cards with me at all times, continue to order from my 2004/2005 wish list unitl it is filled, learn more techniques and do them more than once!

Happy New Year to everyone!
Vickie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 06:48 AM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

GULP!
If you put it in writing you make it REAL-
so, here goes
1) Keep my area organized
2) Use stamps I have - buy more accesories
3) Make cards ahead - Sympathy, Get Well, Neutral Birthday, Anniversary, etc - so I can give one without pressure.
4) Do my NZ scrapbook!

Thanks for the push to think about this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 06:48 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Mystamping resolution is to start scrapbooking. I started stamping a year ago because I wanted to do scrapbooks of my kids and I have been so busy making cards and journals and stuff that I haven't bad time to scrap. And I can't seem to get away from SCS!

Whenever I feel blue I start breathing again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 06:56 AM   #23  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default my...

My stamping resolution is to do more of it! I have tons of stuff that goes untouched, but I am vowing to use it in 2005.

I need to get my business started in my new city, meet people and start doing workshops. For me, worshops=friends and I need some of those desperately! :lol: I enjoy stamping with friends!

Happy New Year everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 06:57 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamperjade
my resolution will be to mail out more cards, since I tend to forget, and to start on my Christmas cards in September!!!
Oh yeah, I definitely have to write more cards as well, not just stamp 'em :lol:

You guys even made me consider to sign up as a demo!?!....we'll see what the New Year brings..still kind of early in CA..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 07:01 AM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

I stayed up to 2 am reading posts on this site. I, too, am still in my nightgown. I am so addicted that I come here every day, sometimes two or three times a day. I find that my stamping room is so unorganized that I can no longer work in there. As a result my dining room table is now a mess. It has been a mess since I had a Christmas card club on Dec. 12th. I love getting ready for things, but I hate the pickup. Can you tell? LOL! :lol:

So resolutions:

1. Clean up after I stamp each time.

2. Organize my room - I hate it and I know how lucky I am to have it. I think I need professional organizational help though.

3. Stamp more on a regular basis. I tend to procrastinate and then I do marathon nights of stamping, which results in burnout.

4. Phone past customers more! Jan Tink really had a great post on that one!

5. Have cards already made out, to carry in my purse so that I can thank nice people who were kind to me or others. Of course, it would not hurt to include info on how to reach me. :lol:

6. Get my demo cards orgainzed so that I do not scare first time customers when they see everything that I have made all laid out on a table.

7. Make book to look boxes to increase bookings.

8. Clean house more so DH does not blame SU!

9. Order less. I am my best customer!

10. Print this off, post it and look at it monthly to see how I am doing. :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess

My husband vowed last night his resolution was to have us in a new house by the end of the year......which means I'll get my own stamp room...which will then make it easy to actually organize my area and keep it clean! (My stamp area is my kitchen table....which stays covered with supplies all week long, all month long... you know what I mean?!)

I liked the suggestion of Vicki Y ~ of banking the X$ per week to put in a big order on arrival of the new catalog! Good thinking, woman!! I like YOUR style!

Need to get caught up on RAK's and BRAK's.

Need to part with retired sets.....to make money for new sets...but parting is So hard...

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 07:27 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie Lilly

10. Print this off, post it and look at it monthly to see how I am doing. :lol: :lol:
dont post it katie.. bill may start adding to the list too.. haha

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 07:40 AM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

My resolution is to get more scrapbooking done. My goal is to get one layout done a week. Usually if I'm in my stamping room, I'm focused on prepping for a workshop or class, and not on my own needs. I need to make *me* time, too!! So, for me, scrapbooking is going to be a priority. If I can't do the layout a week, then I'm going to spend an hour a week doing scrapbook prep work, which includes deciding which pictures to use on a layout, selecting paper, etc., and stacking it all in a 12x12 box to use when I actually do have time to sit down and scrapbook.

It's gonna be tough because I have a baby due in 7 weeks, so my time is going to be even more limited than before, but if I want to keep up with all the scrapbooking opportunities this little girl is going to present me, I will have to make time each week to do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 07:44 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

congrats on your baby..
i always love your avatar.. it looks like it belongs in a wedding frame at the store..

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 09:49 AM   #30  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks for sharing!

I can't wait to search for this post in the future to see how I am doing. Stamping resolutions are so positive, so maybe they will be easier to maintain...more enjoyable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #31  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanhal
GULP!
If you put it in writing you make it REAL-
so, here goes
1) Keep my area organized
2) Use stamps I have - buy more accesories
3) Make cards ahead - Sympathy, Get Well, Neutral Birthday, Anniversary, etc - so I can give one without pressure.
4) Do my NZ scrapbook!

Thanks for the push to think about this.
Jeanhal, tell me more about your NZ scrapbook - as you can see by my name "kiwistamper" - I am from New Zealand! Did you go there?

My resolution is to stop "collecting" stamp sets and actually use them. I think I will challenge myself to use each one of my sets over the next couple of months. I love to be organized so am constantly redoing it - it's nice to be able to walk into my stamping area and actually see at a glance exactly what I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
3) Remember to send birthday cards to loved ones this year instead of forgetting like I usually do!
Jan, I am so with you on this!
One thing that has helped me was to subscribe to:

www.birthdayalarm.com/

Once I signed up, I had them send requests to my net family, friends and customers and they filled in their own birthdays.
I filled in my non-net family & friends and Birthday Alarm sends me 2 e-mail reminders! Just in case I ignored the first one!
Having the reminders show up in my mail box has really motivated me!
Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Reply With Quote Likes