Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Stampin Up Questions: Inspiration sheets & buying from the US

Hi All -

I'm just getting into card making so please excuse my basic questions! Thanks for reading.

Re Inspiration sheets
I'm looking for Pretty Princess and Fairy Nice. I've seen the whole 97 sheets on ebay, but can't see anywhere where you can only buy the ones you want. Also, as they are now out of print, can they be scanned ?
My stampin up demonstrator suggested I look on splitcoasters and the gallery is wonderful and very helpful, but I still feel the need :rolleyes: to source the inspiration sheets. Any ideas on how I can get them easily?

Re Buying from the US from Australia
Ok this might be a touchy subject - not intending to step on anyones toes, but I have noticed that the same stamps and supplies from Stampin Up are considerably cheaper in the US than what they are in Australia. If I want to get all the ones I like, I have to be smart and shop wisely. So has anyone purchased/supplied from the US to the Australian market?

Thanks again for any words of advice for a newbie.
Lisa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Lisa,
Welcome to Splitcoast! I can answer your second question. It is against the Stampin' Up Demo Agreement to sell outside their country, even retired items. You might look for a local demonstrator to see if they had any specials going on. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeyorebabyView Post
Hi All -
So has anyone purchased/supplied from the US to the Australian market?

Thanks again for any words of advice for a newbie.
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

This is a very touchy subject, especially on the Demo forum here on SCS, but as per the demo manual, we cannot ship any product from country to country.....;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2008, 04:15 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

As far as the Inspiration sheets, just post in the ISO forum.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fairy Nice did not have an inspiration sheet; it was a set that was in a mini catalog and never made it into the big catalog. That helps narrow it down a bit!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2008, 05:07 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

[QUOTE=eeyorebaby;9419583]Re Inspiration sheets
I'm looking for Pretty Princess and Fairy Nice. I've seen the whole 97 sheets on ebay, but can't see anywhere where you can only buy the ones you want. Also, as they are now out of print, can they be scanned ?

It looks like all your other questions have been answered, but on the issue of scanning, Stampin' Up! products and all other US publications are protected by copyright and, therefore, unless you have a license from the copyright holder (in this case Stampin' Up!) you may not scan or copy them (except for 1 archival personal copy if you already purchsed the original publication or own it through some other means).

This rule applies as long as the copyright protection is in place, regardless of whether the publication is or is not in print. The length of the copyright protection depends only on the date of the original or renewed copyright.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2008, 05:14 AM   #7  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Re Buying from the US from Australia
Ok this might be a touchy subject - not intending to step on anyones toes, but I have noticed that the same stamps and supplies from Stampin Up are considerably cheaper in the US than what they are in Australia. If I want to get all the ones I like, I have to be smart and shop wisely. So has anyone purchased/supplied from the US to the Australian market?
Lisa - i'd also add that you might be able to purchase some sets on eBay. there are sellers that might ship to Australia. But, shipping is really high from the states -- i recently sold an older set on the bay, and it cost me [i think] $12 to ship. so, it might be less expensive to work through your demo. try hosting a party, or even a catalog party and earn free stuff.

i'm not a demo, just an SU! collector
Old 04-06-2008, 05:27 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Thanks Shannan & Max - I thought there was something iffy about the whole thing because the ones in ebay often vehemently deny that they are Stampin Up Demo's.

Hi Kim - I tried ISO but got no response at all. I did get a lovely response from a lady from this thread who looked through her stash but unfortunately didn't have the ones I wanted. Thanks 'a_place_for_ink' for trying! Perhaps I will try ISO again.

And lastly, thanks Jan - that really helps - you can't after all find something that doesn't exist !! ha ha

Edited to add more thanks to:
stampwithdiane - great - at least I know and can cross that method off my list 8 )

cat - I actually got lucky and purchased Fairy Nice off ebay after over a year of watching for it and it was only about $8US postage and I literally had it in a few days - super quick. I had a party but didn't earn that much compared to what I spent ha ha - perhaps I need to host a lot more parties and send all my friends broke so I can supplement my collection that way...

Really appreciate you guys taking the time to help.

Thanks again
Lisa

Last edited by eeyorebaby; 04-06-2008 at 05:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=stampwithdiane;9420749]
Quote:

Re Inspiration sheets

It looks like all your other questions have been answered, but on the issue of scanning, Stampin' Up! products and all other US publications are protected by copyright and, therefore, unless you have a license from the copyright holder (in this case Stampin' Up!) you may not scan or copy them (except for 1 archival personal copy if you already purchsed the original publication or own it through some other means).

This rule applies as long as the copyright protection is in place, regardless of whether the publication is or is not in print. The length of the copyright protection depends only on the date of the original or renewed copyright.
I have a SU question. I have been tossing around becoming a demonstrator. I don't have tons of time to host lots of parties and I am also short on experience. Are there quotas involved? Do I have to sell so much product/ month or lose the ability to be a demonstrator? I would be starting from scratch in a small city with no other demonstrators, and it would be a slow start to build up business.

Thanks,
Kim
MY ETSY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The quota is $300 per calendar quarter to remain a demonstrator. You should still try to interview demos that are closest to you, even if they are not directly in your city, to see if they have downline meetings and can meet your needs. Use the demonstrator locator at www.stampinup.com or contact the company at 1-800-STAMP-UP.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks so much for the information!!
MY ETSY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 08:34 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Eeyorebaby, if you are still ISO Pretty Princess Inspiration sheet, i have one for you! for free or RAK. Just email me @ Holly.uzun *AT* gmail.com
I was a demo for 7 years and now retired, I have heaps and HEAPS (as i think you Aussies say) of SU! stuff i don't really need anymore. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Eeyore: I can't help but just wanted to say that I miss Perth/Freo badly. especially all the used book stores....I have several friends there, and my husband spent 30 days in Fremantle one year with the Ship when he was in port there for a sea Swap. It was easy to take a flight from Tokyo( I used to live in Japan) to visit!

oh and Lamont's..I think that's the name.. the winery nearby.. and AQWA...and REAL Cadbury's..and Mint slices..and Violet Crumbles...

I remember when I was there it was about 2:1 exchange rate. My money went very far back then heheheh But some of the stamp sets YOU have available are things I want..I saw a Holiday one that had koalas and 'roos that I woulld have loved to get my hands on...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

color me uneducated, but what's an "inspiration sheet" from SU? i've not heard of this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

they are sheets that give recipes for a variety of projects for a stamp set. typically 6 designs, 3 easy for beginners and 3 a little more advanced for the brave souls.

the funny part is, all the sheets I have.. I don't have the actual stamp sets! heheheh.

I think only Demos can actually get them. I have gotten all mine through buying lots on Ebay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #16  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

SU doesn't put out the inspiration sheets anymore...I think those stopped around the middle of last year.
Reply With Quote Likes