Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2008, 06:18 AM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,397 Likes on 524 Posts
Default I can't hit "Submit"!

I have an order saved in SU's ordering system but I can't bring myself to hit submit. I have to at some point because I have two other people's lumped in with it, but I keep going back and forth about deleting some of mine. We have the money to pay for it, so that's not the issue. My problem is I keep asking myself, "Do I really need this?" (no) and "Should I really be spending this money right now?" (in case we really need to be storing up for future hard times). Ack! This would most likely be my last order as a demo as it won't be enough to satisfy my minimum for the quarter and I wouldn't order again until SAB. *sigh* Guess I'd just like to hear from others who are similar-minded. Thanks!

Nicole
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 06:31 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do the same thing. And not just with SU! I can go to Target, Michael's, etc. and have my cart half full but by the time I leave there are only a couple items left because as I go through the store I talk myself out of everything that's in my cart. Do I really need this? Ugh! I'm there with ya!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 06:35 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I think lots of people are doing the same...re-evaluating purchases for necessities NEEDS versus nice to have WANTS. I've hardly ordered anything from the new SU catty and would love to add to my copics but feel torn about it. I try to be frugal in many ways...shop at thrift shops, buy from wholesale markets and reduced items, etc. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 06:37 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cstankaView Post
I do the same thing. And not just with SU! I can go to Target, Michael's, etc. and have my cart half full but by the time I leave there are only a couple items left because as I go through the store I talk myself out of everything that's in my cart. Do I really need this? Ugh! I'm there with ya!
I do this too!!

I think the fun is the shopping...looking at everything...throwing it in the cart...etc...

The NOT fun is paying...so this way we get the best of both worlds!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

You hit it right on the head Cher! Fun to shop but not to pay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 06:50 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Gosh, I really understand! And, now in these uncertain financial times, I am beating myself up over past craft items bought on a whim. I have soooo many SU stamp sets, that at the time, I really thought I desperately needed. The same goes with many non-SU stamps. Plus, the Quickutz I really thought I'd use, I never do. I could just go on....so, now I am trying VERY hard to not impulse buy!!!! It's a lesson that you'd think I'd have figured out by now....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 07:34 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because of the uncertain times ahead, I did buy this time. Not so much stamps, but general paper, prints & cardstock and inks.

I have a lot and I do mean ALOT of stamps, so if spending goes to a preminum, I can still craft with what I have stored.

If money allows, I will grab a set from where ever I like.

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

What is smart during these times it to only purchase the supplies you run out of. We all do have plenty of stamps. You might need more ink refills and stuff like that. But I think if we are all forced to cut back the smartest thing to do is purchase supplies as we run out of them. That way we can still continue our crafting! Times will turn around eventually and there will be plenty of new stamps to buy for sure. If you need new stamps and you can afford them - by all means - buy them!

Just don't spend grocery or bill money! LOL

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I agree buy only what you need. It's a good things I signed up for that swap because then I needed 8 new copics. I even used my savings card at blicks!!!
Shelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicsView Post
What is smart during these times it to only purchase the supplies you run out of. We all do have plenty of stamps. You might need more ink refills and stuff like that. But I think if we are all forced to cut back the smartest thing to do is purchase supplies as we run out of them. That way we can still continue our crafting! Times will turn around eventually and there will be plenty of new stamps to buy for sure. If you need new stamps and you can afford them - by all means - buy them!

Just don't spend grocery or bill money! LOL
But...who needs to eat??...who needs lights??? haha! Kidding!!

This is what I am doing right now, more toward the supplies, cause I definitely have LOADS of stamps!!

Senior Design Team member for Gina K Designs
Behind the Scenes Crew at StampTV.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can always reley on each other and swap, RAK and send stamped images to each other!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #12  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,397 Likes on 524 Posts

Well, since we have the money, I'm going to submit the order, knowing that I won't be ordering till at least SAB and the new CTMH catty come out. And if things did get bad, I won't NEED to buy anything beyond adhesive for at least a couple years. My saved order doesn't have a single stamp set on it - it's all consumables. Like many of you, I have enough stamps LOL!

As for the economy, I know things are cyclical, it's just that I don't know how bad it will get or for how long it will be that way, so I don't want to do anything foolish now. But since we are not in debt of any kind, or going into debt, and my order is all supplies, I'm hitting submit. And then I'm going to have years of crafting fun, depression/recession/or not!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you can afford it, spend it. If not, save it. Imagine what the economy would do if all of a sudden everyone paniced, stopped spending on the non-essentials and cut way back on essentials in order to save up for hard times ahead. I'll tell you what......the economy would nose dive!!!! Quickly!!!! And that's the last thing we need right now.

Sure times are tight and we're all feeling the extra pinch in the wallet, but spending still needs to occur to keep our economy going. Spending on more than just essentials too!

My Blog -- Shannon's Sentiments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree with Mrs. Mac!

Also, look at it this way...if we do go into a depression, you can make all of your Christmas and Birthday gifts!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I have been struggling with this all week. Last month I bought a Cuttlebug, six embossing folders and the complete sets of oval and circle Nesties. So I spent quite a bit. I spoke with my SU demo last weekend and I can tell she would love some business from me, and I do have a few sets I would like to order from the new catty, but I just don't know what to do. There were two ways that I earn "fun" money, and last week I lost one of those ways altogether. The other way I earn is to get sub jobs with the school district and I'm just not getting much work in that area right now. I have my order all figured out, but I just wish I would get a sub job, then it would be a lot easier to place this order. I think I'm going to wait and see what happens next week, if I get some work I'll order, but otherwise I think I need to hold off.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Default I guess we each need to decide...

what is best in our own particular situations. In my case, I teach full-time, but my husband is currently going back to school(part-time) and is receiving some unemployment. He also substitute teaches, but that is uncertain work and can't be depended on. So, in my case, I know I need to be more frugal and cautious with spending on my dearly loved stamping craft. I don't like it one bit, BUT that is the reality. I really do have a LOT of stamps (SU, acrylics, and non-SU), inks, papers, tools, etc. So..it's not like I'm hurting in this area.
Reply With Quote Likes