Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #1  
rdm
Mad Swapper

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Stamp Stores Near Camp Lejeune, NC???

Can you recommend any I should visit? ...or any stamping events between Oct 11th and 16th? I'll be there for 1 week (we live in Calif.) as we welcome our son home from Iraq.
-Mary
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know of any stores, but I wanted to say for you to have fun. And thank your son for his service!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

good question! I'm going to be there next weekend too! My mom's from there. I'm not sure about stamping/scrapbooking events but I know that the Mullet Festival is going on in Swansboro (the town right outside the gates of camp LeJeune) the weekend of Oct. 14th.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have not been there in a few years, but if they did my guess is it will be on the road western blvd. That is the main road that the mall is on. When you go straight up it you will get to a big intersection where walmart. Go straight across that and it is western extension. That has a lot of shoping also. Old Navy and things like that are there. Have you ever been there? If you have time go though swansboro and go into morehead city. It is realy nice there. Their is lot of cute shops along the water on the boardwalk area. Have fun and I am happy for you. Tell your son great job!! My husband is navy medical and has been working with the marines for about 8 years. Enjoy your time together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just found this. I hope it helps ;)

Treasure Trove Scrapbook Shop
618 Court, Jacksonville, NC 28540
(910) 989-0002.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2006, 05:06 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

OK, I have to agree with everything here. There is good shopping in Jacksonville and Morehead City. There are also some great sites to see - Ft. Macon, the Maritime museum has Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge artifacts, the Old Burying Grounds (this place is neat), the Shackleford Horses (http://www.shacklefordhorses.org/), and Havelock has a Tourist & Event Center that has an aviation exhibit.
Swansboro is nice and they are having the Mullet Festival soon, but they are not right outside the gates.... They are outside the gate, make a right turn, and about 15 minutes up the road.... J-ville has a Michael's. There used to be a scrapbook store in Morehead, but I was under the impression that they closed. There is a scrapbook store in New Bern (www.newbern-nc.org and www.visitnewbern.com) too. And that's a nice City as well. There is Tryon Palace (http://www.tryonpalace.org/), the Birthplace of Pepsi (www.pepsistore.com), the Fireman's museum (http://www.newbernmuseums.com/), and downtown is just beautiful.

All of this stuff is within an hour or less drive from Camp Lejeune.... Let me know if you would like anymore info (just PM me)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

First off thank you to your son for his service!! and a big Welcome Home to him!!

There are no stamping stores in Morehead (or Beaufort)anymore. It has closed down. But you can still have a great day there walking around.

I have found some stamps in Swansboro but it was not at a LSS just in one of the little shops. and that was a few years ago.

We're going to be moving to the Swansboro area within a few years - hmm, Maybe I should open up a shop?

Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2006, 09:16 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

There's a new scrapbooking store in town. It's called Combat Creations and it's off of Western Blvd. Go up Western. Drive past Target and it'll be in a little shopping center on your lefthand side. If you've hit Henderson, you've gone too far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

I forgot to add...Congratulations on your son coming home!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I just realized I forgot the link to the Scrapbook store in New Bern ;) http://www.scrapnoasis.com/

And I also wanted to add congrats on your son and tell him we're proud of him. Sometimes I forget to say it since I live around them all the time (right near Cherry Point AND Lejeune)
Reply With Quote Likes