Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-24-2005, 08:46 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stamp Camps

For those of you that do stamp camps with your Demo, what do you do at them? Do you make cards or do projects or both? How much does it cost? How often does your Demo do stamp camps? Do you like them? What would you change?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

My demo does a stamp camp once a month. We get to make 10 cards, 2 of the same design. She usually has it from 3-6 on a Saturday. She serves soda and a snack and will have different chocolates at each table. She charges us $15.00 which I think is very reasonable. I really like how she does it. She has everything cut up and in little bags for each of us. A sample is at the table.
We have a great time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2005, 11:07 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

My demo friends have done it a couple of different ways. One has done specialty classes - focusing on a certain technique (e.g. watercoloring, punches, embellishments). Five cards for $10. Other camps have been a combo of cards & projects, and usually are $15-$20, depending on the complexity of the projects. We've done tiles, candles, boxes, shrinky dink pins, checkbook covers, framed art...Both of my demo friends have also done Christmas card stamp camps. They plan 5 cards, and give participants the opportunity to make 2 or 4 of each design. For all types of camps, everything is cut in advance, and envelopes for cards are not provided. Hope this helps!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts
Red face I like stamp camps!

I haven't attended a lot of stamp camps, but I have similare experiences to those above. Everything is pre-cut and in baggies. Either you get the the entire baggie with everything to complete your project, or you take one item from each baggie on the table. Suffice it to say that my demo is very organized, and it is greatly appreciated! She also has a sample to look at, and usually has instructions to complete the project and to take home. There might be four or five projects, for $15 or $20. I would say there are maybe two projects like a box,etc., and two or three cards. Sometimes there is a drawing for different prizes, which is always fun! There is always lots of good food!
I sent to another one that was a calendar marathon. I think we paid $6 each, or 5 for $25. I don't remember exactly. These were the calendars that you put in a CD case. She had stations set up all over her house, one for each month. The supplies were set out at each station along with a sample and directions. The ideas were simple, but with twelve months in a year, and each of us making 5 or more calendars......
My demo has them frequently, but they only occasionally fit into my schedule. I wouldn't change a thing. I enjoy going with a friend, and often getting to know someone new!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2005, 07:38 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

My demo has monthly stamp camps. She provides a meal and after eating, we make 4-5 cards using different techniques. Cost is $10-$15, depending on what we are making. The camps are on Sunday afternoons.

One of her downline demos also has a camp every other month. It is on a different Sunday afternoon and we all take a dish. She provides the meat course. The cost for this camp is $10-20, depending on the technique she is teaching. The guests stamp 4-5 other cards if they want to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2005, 11:07 PM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I have stamp camps at my house and my demo helps me set them up. We do 5 projects for (I hate to tell you) $10. The reason is because I feel like if I invite people into my home and I benefit, then I really shouldn't charge them alot. I let my demo keep the $ generated and I plan and supply 2 of the 5 projects. Again, I do this to have fun, make a big sale and hopefully get the highest level hostess gift. The last one last year was such a huge success. We made 2 cards and 3 projects. I had 30 people and sold way more than I needed for that Level 3 set. I usually do it during sell a bration. It's a blast and everyone goes home happy including my demo.
Reply With Quote Likes