Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-26-2005, 09:44 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stamp camp for girls?

I am doing a stamp camp and need ideas. The scrapbook camp is another camp all together so what other ideas do you have and would the idea be a 'three hour/day' camp project or a simple 'one-hour...so you can do a few in a day project?'

For example, if we did altered clip boards where they added cork to part of the board, made push pins, used the faux leather tech. on the clip part and made matching pockets and a pen...I would think it would be a 9-noon project, wouldn't you?

BUT...if I had several smaller projects, I could just do a ONE day camp and have several projects and it would run from 9-1 or 9-2?

what do you think?

so far I have the following ideas, but need some time frame for 4-6th graders to complete them:

decorated pail
photo frame
bullentin board (ceiling tile with large stamped framed edges)
note book
decorated pin

I have to turn in my overall idea on time/days needed and fee tomorrow and I am just second guessing myself. I'd rather go for a longer one day event, knowing I could easily fill the time and figure out about $2-$3 per project per child...what do you think?

Last edited by sewscrappy; 10-26-2005 at 09:48 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2005, 06:22 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

What about those cute purse cards. I made one at my stamp camp and it was pretty easy. I bet you could find a template on SCS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Bottle cap jewelry

How about bottle cap jewelry. We made pins with bottle caps for a Girl Scout swap last summer. We had a punch that fit the inside of bottle cap. Think the size of a quarter. Stamped a design punched it out and covered with Aileen's liquid acrylic stuff (many diffrent brands of same thing available).Put paper inside bottle cap before applying acrylic. Then applied pin to back. It did take a few days for acrylic to dry. I have seen a book that they made other jewelry and added to key chain circle due hickeys etc. A really strong glue works best for pin back. The ladies at Girl Scout retreat loved them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes