Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #361  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Info? - No Upload!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie DoView Post
Just another "timely bump to the top."

Why? Because in the cards I've been clicking on, it seems as though many peeps still aren't listing even the basics. I've got nothing against visiting blogs, but sometimes I want "just the facts, ma'am." lol

To Splitcoast Administrators: Isn't there any way to require filling in the recipe fields as part of the upload process? I mean if people are going to showcase their work here for free, I don't think asking for a little info. on how they created it (without actually having to leave the site) is unreasonable.

Just sayin' ...
I agree. The problem seems to be getting worse after all this time. I don't have anything against bloggers. I simply don't have the time to visit everyone's blog to get the basic information about a card. I think the time has come to make it a *Requirement* to uploading a card. If you can't fill in the basic fields, then your upload should be denied - period. No info. - No upload. It's that simple. Here's a challenge to the administrators - How about a poll on this issue? I'd be willing to bet that there are many of us here that are frustrated with finding no recipe only to be directed to someone's blog. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #362  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quite often I want to leave a comment on a card and see no info was left. I don't comment in that case.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 03:15 AM   #363  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I totally disagree that listing even basic "ingredients" should be a requirement. This is a site for SHARING. The fact that people are sharing photos of their projects should be enough. I don't feel the need to know every single product that went into it. I think I can see if the person used blue or green cardstock, black ink, etc. Does that really need to be spelled out? If you really need to know that, and you don't feel like going to blogs, a simple PM takes only seconds - probably less time than it takes to post complaints about why it wasn't included in the first place. Putting demands on what others share isn't right. If that's going to happen, then I think it should be required that if someone views something in the gallery, he/she must leave a positive comment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 03:36 AM   #364  
Gallery Gazer

[QUOTE=Scrapjanny;17373283]I totally disagree that listing even basic "ingredients" should be a requirement. This is a site for SHARING. The fact that people are sharing photos of their projects should be enough. I don't feel the need to know every single product that went into it. I think I can see if the person used blue or green cardstock, black ink, etc. Does that really need to be spelled out? If you really need to know that, and you don't feel like going to blogs, a simple PM takes only seconds - probably less time than it takes to post complaints about why it wasn't included in the first place. Putting demands on what others share isn't right. If that's going to happen, then I think it should be required that if someone views something in the gallery, he/she must leave a positive comment.[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #365  
Pearl-ExPert

You are certainly entitled to your point of view. I have learned many new techniques over the years and continue to discover amazing things every day from the talented people here on this site. Sometimes for me, it's the technique that I wish to learn more about rather than the listing of basic cardstock, etc. I am simply saying that I am disappointed that many uploads only state: "Check out my blog for more information" or "More deets on my blog." I have seen many uploads where the only intent is to direct more traffic to their blog - and many times where the instructions are NOT for free. You must purchase the template for more information. Those type of uploads are for self gain and should not be allowed. That's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #366  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonpie11View Post
You are certainly entitled to your point of view. I have learned many new techniques over the years and continue to discover amazing things every day from the talented people here on this site. Sometimes for me, it's the technique that I wish to learn more about rather than the listing of basic cardstock, etc. I am simply saying that I am disappointed that many uploads only state: "Check out my blog for more information" or "More deets on my blog." I have seen many uploads where the only intent is to direct more traffic to their blog - and many times where the instructions are NOT for free. You must purchase the template for more information. Those type of uploads are for self gain and should not be allowed. That's just my opinion.
Actually, those types are NOT allowed. That's a promotional post and is against TOS. If they want to advertise their services they should pony up and purchase advertising space like anyone else. Report those posts...there's a report button on every item you open in the gallery, just like posts here on the forums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #367  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie DoView Post
Just another "timely bump to the top."

Why? Because in the cards I've been clicking on, it seems as though many peeps still aren't listing even the basics. I've got nothing against visiting blogs, but sometimes I want "just the facts, ma'am." lol

To Splitcoast Administrators: Isn't there any way to require filling in the recipe fields as part of the upload process? I mean if people are going to showcase their work here for free, I don't think asking for a little info. on how they created it (without actually having to leave the site) is unreasonable.

Just sayin' ...
Stay away from my gallery, then, because you will be disappointed. I figure I'm sharing my work for free, and since it is for free, I will decide when and how much I share. If I'm ever required to do otherwise, I will simply stop posting.
I design for Starving Artistamps | Technique Junkies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #368  
Stazon Splitcoast

I almost always list what I use, however, I don't feel that anyone should be required to share anything if they choose not to. There have been times I have used the words, "more details on my blog". This is usually because I have gone into MAJOR detail on a blog post, and people will be able to get more information that way. Bloggers spend many, many hours keeping their sites up to date with information about their creations. I can totally understand those who don't want to list "recipes" both places.

If you like something enough that you have to know every single thing used to copy someone's work, then you will probably take the time to go visit their blog for more information!

If you are too sorry to take your finger and click on a blog link to find out the information you desire, then move on to the next gallery upload and don't complain. People are providing this for you out of the kindness of their hearts.

Have a lovely day!

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #369  
Mad Swapper

Well this certainly seems to be a hot topic. I have to admit I am disappointed when a gallery post doesn't give basic ingredients about the card/project. Sometimes I just don't have time to check the poster's blog, but if I "favorite" the posting I can always go back and check the details later.

We all live with rules in different areas of our lives. If SCS decides to make posting details a requirement that is their prerogative. We have the option to not upload or to not use the site. In my opinion SCS is the BEST rubber stamping web site on the web and I will continue to visit it as often as possible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #370  
Gallery Gazer

This thread is nearly four years old. I may be wrong, but I highly doubt if SCS hasn't done anything to mandate recipes by now they aren't going to do it. Why would they? It's not hurting anyone. This is all a little silly if you ask me. I love having info., but I'm not going to be a meanie and not leave comments b/c there isn't enough information to satiate my curiosity of one's creativity. Should we also say everyone who "favorites" a card to case later should have to post a nice comment within 24 hours or it disappears from your "favorites"?

To each her own...be blessed with what you have and know that what you don't have can be a blessing in and of itself. Do we really need to be buying more stamps and paper? lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 05:00 AM   #371  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsweeneyView Post
This thread is nearly four years old. I may be wrong, but I highly doubt if SCS hasn't done anything to mandate recipes by now they aren't going to do it. Why would they? It's not hurting anyone. This is all a little silly if you ask me. I love having info., but I'm not going to be a meanie and not leave comments b/c there isn't enough information to satiate my curiosity of one's creativity. Should we also say everyone who "favorites" a card to case later should have to post a nice comment within 24 hours or it disappears from your "favorites"?

To each her own...be blessed with what you have and know that what you don't have can be a blessing in and of itself. Do we really need to be buying more stamps and paper? lol!
Morissa, this made me smile. Also, we need to take in consideration that SCS is a business. They make money by selling advertising. Putting stringent rules on uploads runs the risk of decreasing site traffic, thereby decreasing their ad revenue. As happy as this site makes me, it doesn't just run to make me smile.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #372  
Matboard Maniac

Just wanted to add my 2 cents�;)

I like having blog links (to the actual post!) so that I can get a better view of the card/project. Often you can click on the picture to enlarge it. That's not something you can do here at the gallery. I always include a link to my blogpost in case anyone is like me and wants to get up close and personal. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #373  
Insane Embellisher

I agree with the others who WANT the info here. I rarely visit blogs, and honestly, resent feeling "forced" by those who try to make me go to their blog to see what that cute embelishment was, what the cool technique was or which colors they put together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #374  
Insane Embellisher

I have met some wonderful, creative ladies through following links to their blogs. You may be pleasantly rewarded when you follow a link to a blog and you see lots more beautiful works (and lots more details). Go on give a link a try, you probably won't be disappointed...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #375  
Compulsive Stamper

I realize this is an old thread.

When I contacted SCS about purchasing advertising, no one ever responded. How do you get a response?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #376  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mind having people include their blog address with their card. I really do appreciate those that will take the time to describe how and what they have done. I have learned so much this way and really appreciate it. One thing that disappoints me is when a card is posted to a blog and is not posted to the gallery. I don't think many of us have the extra time to go off to a blog in order to see the card and comment on it. SCS is a wonderful community of paper crafters. Lets not get so tied up with picking at things that we lose sight of the opportunity we have to share our love of stamping with so many others. There are many wonderful, caring people here that we can learn from and are more than willing to share their knowledge. I am so glad SCS is here for us and I appreciate all that they do. A lot of work goes into this site and a lot of hours are volunteered to provide us with such a great site. You are appreciated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #377  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyLaneView Post

When I contacted SCS about purchasing advertising, no one ever responded. How do you get a response?
Contact Lydia (Understandblue) with a pm. She'll put you in contact with the right person. I'm not sure how they handle it anymore since the latest sale, but Lydia knows all, sees all...;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #378  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyLaneView Post

I sent you a PM and an email. Let me know how we can help you! :p

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes