Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-04-2016, 03:50 PM   #41  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

Sue I dont think Janet was implying us...she was just saying for herself.

This is so bad for Spellbinders from a business POV. The protracted site crash, the return, the clearance sale encouraging us to return...now shipping issues.
I would not want to be the owner right now. I'd be dying.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2016, 04:54 PM   #42  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlFridayView Post
That's kind of insulting. I might be unhappy with the wait but I am certainly not "frothing like a mad dog". I have been polite the few times I have contacted Spellbinders and most all of the complaints on their FB page from other customers have been as well. People are frustrated though and that's understandable I think.
It isn't all about you darling.... I'm talking about me. I get frothing mad when I order and it takes weeks before they ship. Especially if they don't give me an estimated ship date of 2-4 weeks out before I order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I sent an email this morning politely requesting the status of my order because it's been over two weeks since I ordered and received a very nasty email in response. I will not be ordering from Spellbinders again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

My order took 17 days to arrive, and I was fine with that . I was thrilled to have the chance to buy Spellbinder dies at such low clearance prices.

Spellbinders could have sold the entire lot of discontinued dies to a place like Overstock dot com or Amazon and not had any shipping issues . Instead they gave us the chance to buy them at those low prices .

I feel sorry for them with all the problems they have had with the new Web Site , the massive number of clearance orders and they have 79 new dies coming out so they need to get those shipped to their retailer too. All of this is happening at once.

Just my 2� worth .
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2016, 07:03 PM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

I would have been fine with it had it been communicated at all that shipping times would be long during the order process,but it wasn't. I am not a horrible person, just a little frustrated, and the nasty email I got was hurtful. I understand they must be 10 times more frustrated trying to get a handle on everything though. Like Wavejumper said, it must be awfully stressful for them right now. I don't plan to contact them again, my order will arrive when it arrives and that's okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #46  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
As someone said above they have never been very quick shippers.....I have been noticing a steady decline in their service and some of their products...I was thinking it was since Stacey and her husband stepped down but it was prior to that I started noticing the decline of things at Spellbinders. I still love and buy a lot of their dies.
Personally I think the decline you are noticing is from when the big corporation took over - RAF Industries -first there was a partnership and now RAF owns the whole thing. Idk what in the world is going on with Spellbinders but I am hoping things will get better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #47  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yeah but there really is no excuse for being nasty to a customer like that...esp under the circumstances. I am sorry that happened.

After this order arrives, I may just step back for awhile and see what happens with them.

Oh gosh-they have that big launch too-I forgot about that.

One hopes that when you come under a big company, you will get some additional funding and upgrades but it isnt always the case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 03:58 PM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Yeah but there really is no excuse for being nasty to a customer like that...esp under the circumstances. I am sorry that happened.

After this order arrives, I may just step back for awhile and see what happens with them.

Oh gosh-they have that big launch too-I forgot about that.

One hopes that when you come under a big company, you will get some additional funding and upgrades but it isnt always the case.
Thank you. On Friday it will be three weeks since I ordered. I was lied to twice and told my order would ship by end of the day, then got the nasty email. I've pretty much given up. If it gets here it gets here. If not, nothing I can do. I'm not holding out much hope I'll ever see it. I can't help but think they are punishing me for asking about my order so often (once per week). I wish them well, but I will never order from them again, this has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Fortunately there are many other sites and stores to get dies from.

They probably should not have scheduled a switch to a new domain, clearance sale and new release all at the same time. That was very poor planning on their part.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #49  
Proud Fan Club Member

it will come. I placed my order on the 21st and I just got a note they shipped me today.

For what it's worth, you could order their stuff from a lot of other places. But you might feel you dont want to support them in any way.

I just resolved a never gotten order after 3 1/2 MONTHS from another company. Just one bad thing after the next. Sometimes the stars are just not only not lined up, but nowhere to be found! Shame, cute images and not otherwise available over here. (in England)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

it will come. I placed my order on the 21st and I just got a note they shipped me today.

For what it's worth, you could order their stuff from a lot of other places. But you might feel you dont want to support them in any way.

I just resolved a never gotten order after 3 1/2 MONTHS from another company. Just one bad thing after the next. Sometimes the stars are just not only not lined up, but nowhere to be found! Shame, cute images and not otherwise available over here. (in England)
Hmm..I ordered on the 19th. Still not shipped, says "Awaiting fulfillment". I am convinced now they are purposely delaying my order further because I asked for a status a few times. There's no other reason orders from 2 days after I ordered shipped but mine hasn't. Oh well.I know I will never get it now. It's okay. They can keep the $30 and I will chalk it up to a lesson learned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #51  
Mad Swapper

So I just got a "confirmation" email from Spellbinders today that my order placed on 22 February has now been canceled. Seriously. Never. Again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 07:52 PM   #52  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
So I just got a "confirmation" email from Spellbinders today that my order placed on 22 February has now been canceled. Seriously. Never. Again.
I'm sorry. That sucks. I still have heard nothing about mine from the 19th. I thought PTI was badly run back in the day, but Spellbinders is giving them a run for their money. I'm positive mine will get canceled too. A lot of people were complaining that they only got parts of their orders because some of what they ordered sold out by the time they got around to actually packing the order.

Apparently despite it being 2016 they can't be bothered to have an inventory control system that automatically reduces inventory as items are sold to prevent selling more than they have. I've designed quite a few ecommerce store fronts, it really is not a difficult thing to implement at all.

I promise, I'll shut up now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #53  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
That is poor customer service on their part to cancel an order 17 days after it was placed. They must not know what they have in stock .
I didn't mind waiting for my order but to cancel an order 17 days after it was placed unexceptable.

I am a huge fan of Spellbinder dies . I hope this new company doesn't make a mess of what was a great company and product
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 03:35 AM   #54  
Proud Fan Club Member

GirlFriday-I really dont think it's personal with them. It could very well have to do with what we ordered. I had a 1 item order.

Poppy-oh crackers! That is not right either. :(

Maybe people need to be emailing directly to the new corp HQ and say WTH are you doing to Spellbinders??? You are losing customers! Get them some more staff! Upgrade that IT! I used to love them and now I never want to order again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 07:11 AM   #55  
Crimping Master

I guess I will see if my order gets cancelled. I will be bummed, but these dies on clearance were $2.50 cheaper than any other place I could buy them from so I will wait to see if I win the crap shoot. Otherwise, I would just cancel my order and go buy it else where.

I can't really complain about dealing with Spellbinders directly since I almost always buy their dies from other vendors. I think this is my second order with them directly. I have found all the dies for about 60% of the price Spellbinder charges, so I never buy from them unless it's a rock bottom price/clearance - and then I expect strange things.

I've ordered clearance items from various sites and some of them have cancelled orders, booked an order for out of stock items, booked an order for discontinued stock, etc. The lack of internal controls happens at a lot of other sites also, so I try to be patient.

Most importantly for me is to keep track of the orders I have outstanding and track the shipments because I've had vendors charge me prior to shipment (which I fight back on), shipments I never received, or strange charges hitting my CC by mistake, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

GirlFriday-I really dont think it's personal with them. It could very well have to do with what we ordered. I had a 1 item order.

Poppy-oh crackers! That is not right either. :(

Maybe people need to be emailing directly to the new corp HQ and say WTH are you doing to Spellbinders??? You are losing customers! Get them some more staff! Upgrade that IT! I used to love them and now I never want to order again!
It feels personal, especially after the nasty email I got. I ordered 5 dies. I don't expect to ever see them. I was told last week that all orders up to 2/21 would be shipped by the end of the day on 3/4. Obviously wasn't true.

They haven't mentioned the delays anywhere on their website or Facebook. They aren't even responding to complaints any more. There has been no damage control at all aside from one generic canned mass email a week ago saying they hadn't forgotten you. Apparently they couldn't even get their subscription club shipments out, there were a lot of angry comments about the February box not being shipped yet but being charged for March's.

It seems like the company is sinking fast and that's sad. They make great dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

I just got three emails from Spellbinders. First one said one of the dies I ordered is no longer available and said my new order total would be $xx.xx. The fact they would cancel an item ordered 3 weeks ago is terrible but I kind of expected it would happen. Second email said my entire order had been refunded. Third email said my order has finally been shipped and included a tracking number. I'm confused but I will just wait for it to arrive and then move on to other companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #58  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well now that's just silly. WTheck? They really are a hot mess. :(

If you used PP to pay for it, you can look into your account and see what has happened with the billing but one time they shipped me something twice so no promises-and that was before this chaos started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 05:06 PM   #59  
Crimping Master

I would look at the Utah state web site for major attractions. I know there is Temple Square that everyone goes to see, and of course the great Salt Lake (that would look nice on a card). The mountains, skiing, desert hiking... all kinds of outdoor activities to portray or mountain scenes.

Or you could portray your move like the original Mormons who pulled carts for miles and miles with their belongings to Utah.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 05:37 PM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet1000View Post
I would look at the Utah state web site for major attractions. I know there is Temple Square that everyone goes to see, and of course the great Salt Lake (that would look nice on a card). The mountains, skiing, desert hiking... all kinds of outdoor activities to portray or mountain scenes.

Or you could portray your move like the original Mormons who pulled carts for miles and miles with their belongings to Utah.
I think you may have accidentally posted in the wrong thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #61  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I think you may have accidentally posted in the wrong thread.
Thank you so much for sending the message. I did post to the wrong thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2016, 06:47 PM   #62  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thank you so much for sending the message. I did post to the wrong thread.
No worries! I've seen the Great Salt Lake, it's pretty spectacular!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2016, 05:51 PM   #63  
Crimping Master

I ordered 2/29 and my order was shipped today complete. I'm amazed. Pleased, but amazed.

And the first email said my order was refunded, then the second email said it was shipped. They must have a web ordering glitch in their software.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2016, 10:51 PM   #64  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I ordered 2/29 and my order was shipped today complete. I'm amazed. Pleased, but amazed.

And the first email said my order was refunded, then the second email said it was shipped. They must have a web ordering glitch in their software.
Nope, they are giving people full refunds and shipping their orders anyway. At least that's what happened to me and a few others. I got my order yesterday and was very surprised to discover they had sent 4 free dies in addition to what I had ordered to make up for the long delay! It looks like they are really going above and beyond to fix the mess they made of things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 09:25 AM   #65  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Nope, they are giving people full refunds and shipping their orders anyway. At least that's what happened to me and a few others. I got my order yesterday and was very surprised to discover they had sent 4 free dies in addition to what I had ordered to make up for the long delay! It looks like they are really going above and beyond to fix the mess they made of things.
I can only hope I'll be so lucky! Ordered on February 22, got the refund email and refund. Haven't gotten any surprises so far...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 04:54 PM   #66  
Crimping Master

Interesting. My card was hit for the order and not credited back. I guess I will wait and see if it happens.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #67  
Hardware Hotshot

My Order took 17 days and I did not get any free dies or a refund. I called once to see if they had my order because they had Web Site problems , but I did not voice a complaint about the wait.
Maybe only those who did serious complaining got theirs free. So not everyone is getting theirs free or getting extra free dies for the wait .
I am satisfied with getting the dies I wanted at a very low price .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #68  
Proud Fan Club Member

My order arrived yesterday. No freebies but not surprising. It was a bundle deal to begin with-buy 1 die min and get 50 dollars worth free (mystery choice). Second time I have done this. This time I actually want all the ones I got for free so that's very nice. Before I only wanted one.

But I did get the 10% off email to comp me for the delay. Not that 10% does much in the face of a 20 buck die but it was something.

But now...now I think I will probably lean back (vs "lean forward") and wait and see what happens with them for awhile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 09:54 PM   #69  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
My Order took 17 days and I did not get any free dies or a refund. I called once to see if they had my order because they had Web Site problems , but I did not voice a complaint about the wait.
Maybe only those who did serious complaining got theirs free. So not everyone is getting theirs free or getting extra free dies for the wait .
I am satisfied with getting the dies I wanted at a very low price .
I don't know about the others who received refunds or free dies, but I didn't ask for either. In fact I made a point of saying I didn't want a refund or any compensation. I don't feel I deserved either, all I wanted was my order. So I don't know why some people got refunds and/or freebies and some didn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #70  
Proud Fan Club Member

It may have to do with their buying history with Spellbinders. If they have been buying for years, etc. I am not saying that is right or wrong but it might be a factor.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2016, 05:21 PM   #71  
Crimping Master

So my dies came today. And I find that she shipped less than half of what I ordered but never told me she was not going to fill the whole order. I ordered those extra items (which were the ones I really really wanted :-( - and ordered the other 4 dies as fillers since the shipping price remained the same.

So all she shipped me were 3 of the filler dies for the same shipping cost - charged my credit card for the full amount and just credited me back (a week later) for what she failed to ship last week... Not impressed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #72  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Janet...I am sorry. That was not good. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2016, 06:20 PM   #73  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just found this thread. I must have been hiding under a rock the past couple of weeks. Looks like that was a good thing as I have absolutely no tolerance for companies that give their customers the run-around.

Sadly, too many crafters went into business and operate their companies like they were having a garage sale. They might be nice. They might be crafty. But they are not business professionals. If you're going to offer a great sale, please be organized to know what stock you have on hand and hire some temporary manpower to fill the orders.

For instance, that company that sells the Sizzix clearance stuff would do better to charge an extra 10-cents on the dollar and hire some temp employees instead of putting up a 20-minute video babbling about "this may not be the sale for you."

Can you imagine Kohl's or Target putting out a video of a giggling CEO talking about all the wonderful deals that you can get if you are only patient enough to wait three to five months for delivery? Only in the crafting world can people get away with this type of business practice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2016, 10:47 PM   #74  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
I just found this thread. I must have been hiding under a rock the past couple of weeks. Looks like that was a good thing as I have absolutely no tolerance for companies that give their customers the run-around.

Sadly, too many crafters went into business and operate their companies like they were having a garage sale. They might be nice. They might be crafty. But they are not business professionals. If you're going to offer a great sale, please be organized to know what stock you have on hand and hire some temporary manpower to fill the orders.

For instance, that company that sells the Sizzix clearance stuff would do better to charge an extra 10-cents on the dollar and hire some temp employees instead of putting up a 20-minute video babbling about "this may not be the sale for you."

Can you imagine Kohl's or Target putting out a video of a giggling CEO talking about all the wonderful deals that you can get if you are only patient enough to wait three to five months for delivery? Only in the crafting world can people get away with this type of business practice.
I agree!! And may I add "Only in the Crafting World" will people pre-order and pay in advance for things they may not get for months. I think we women are far to patient and accommodating. . If you told a man he had to pre-order, without a cancellation clause , pay in advance and the company would send the product when they got it, which may take months , He would laugh in their face and tell them they could stuff it .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #75  
Insane Embellisher

When I saw on my credit card statement that I was charged when I placed an order a month ago, but haven't received nor heard anything since, I sent an e-mail inquiry wondering if my order had maybe slipped through the cracks and requesting a status update. I received an automated message back that their customer service team will respond in 5 to 7 business days! That is amazing. How in the world can they provide such a lack of customer service and stay in business. There was no indication or disclaimer on their website that there would be significant delays in processing orders when I bought from them.

I keep on getting e-mails about sales and freebies when you spend $50 with Spellbinders. So it appears they are still sucking people in without telling them that they seem to be having shipping issues which may result in an unreasonably long wait to receive their order and that they will not really provide any semblance of responsive customer service while you wait. They at least should come clean with their customers while they still have some left. I don't think you can sustain a business with just 1 time only customers which I am afraid is all they will have left if they don't fix their problems soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #76  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkippetView Post
When I saw on my credit card statement that I was charged when I placed an order a month ago, but haven't received nor heard anything since, I sent an e-mail inquiry wondering if my order had maybe slipped through the cracks and requesting a status update. I received an automated message back that their customer service team will respond in 5 to 7 business days! That is amazing. How in the world can they provide such a lack of customer service and stay in business. There was no indication or disclaimer on their website that there would be significant delays in processing orders when I bought from them.

I keep on getting e-mails about sales and freebies when you spend $50 with Spellbinders. So it appears they are still sucking people in without telling them that they seem to be having shipping issues which may result in an unreasonably long wait to receive their order and that they will not really provide any semblance of responsive customer service while you wait. They at least should come clean with their customers while they still have some left. I don't think you can sustain a business with just 1 time only customers which I am afraid is all they will have left if they don't fix their problems soon.
If you don't hear back from Customer Service in the time frame they specified, I would initiate a charge back from your credit card company. A month is long enough to wait and a charge back will get their attention for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #77  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Kristi. I was going to take the time today to contact my credit card company when I received 5 e-mails indicating order status updates. What is left of my order has finally shipped. Two thirds of the items I ordered have been cut from the order without explanation. What really frosts me is that according to the last e-mail I received before I unsubscribed today, one of the items they deleted is now being given away as a bonus when you order $50 worth of merchandise!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #78  
Proud Fan Club Member

Skippet-I had that experience last fall with an item from Black Friday.

I called them immediately and cranked about it-it got sent.

I am sorry to hear this mess is still going on. :( True to my word, I have not placed another order directly with them. I can get their product elsewhere without any of this aggro. BTW-scrapmart often has good prices on their stuff.

Barbara Jay-I was just thinking about your comment yesterday b/c my DH was laughing at an ad about some kind of "pre-Order" and said it would be a cold day before he did that! The exact thing you said a man would say!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2016, 04:26 PM   #79  
Matboard Maniac

I can highly recommend ScrapbookPal. Great prices, free shipping with $25 and they are super fast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2016, 06:53 PM   #80  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I can highly recommend ScrapbookPal. Great prices, free shipping with $25 and they are super fast!
I have shopped with her for years - particularly for adhesives like Glue Dots and most of my Spellbinders have come from there. They have the most excellent customer service. I just wish they would give up the messy, annoying and non-green styrofoam packing peanuts.
Reply With Quote Likes