Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2006, 12:56 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default selling at sales

My stamp club is going to have a 'garage sale' so to speak. We are each going to bring our stamps, tools, papers, whatever we don't use any longer and try to sell it to each other. What is a fair price to put on a stamp set? Do you price is as a garage sale price to get rid of it? Or do you mark it slightly below the price you paid? Do you base it on it if you have used it or not? Just curious to see if anyone else has done this or has experience with selling their items and what they charge. Thanks for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Talking

i haven't sold stamps at a garage sale or this type of sale before, i've only sold on ebay. i would think that since everyone who will be at the sale are crafters they would know that the value of a stamp set so i wouldn't go so dirt cheap. i also get annoyed at over pricing though so i would maybe do a search on ebay to see what the "going" rate is for each stamp set you plan to sell and use that as your price or maybe a bit under that.
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

the group that I am in, sells stamps at 30% off of their original catalog price.... (don't forget that the garage salers are also not paying tax or shipping and handling, so they are saving that money too!) If a lot of people bring the same set, some people price a little lower than 30%, and theirs usually sells first unless it is very stained. Unmounted, unused sets can sometimes go for higher prices, and badly stained ones sometimes for less.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,182 Likes on 513 Posts

I would like to see the listed of stamp ,you all have before you put in the garage sale.
Thanks,
Hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 01:47 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I won't kow what stamp sets people are bringing until that night. I haven't gone through all of mine yet. I just wanted to get a feel for pricing items before I did so.

I've gone to sales where people sell them dirt cheap to get rid of them, others sell them just below the actual selling price. So I was just trying to get more opinions and ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I just did this, a bunch of ladies had a stamp/scrap treasure sale.
There were alot of stampin up sets! I priced mine, 40-50% of the original price. I wanted to get rid of them, but not give them away.
I sold about 1/3 of the sets. Other ladies had them priced similiar to me or higher such as 20-30% off the price.
Yes, I do gauge the price based on condition, mounted ect and how badly I want to clean out. I also do take into consideration that if I sold them on ebay, there's shipping and fees associated, plus the hassle.
After the initial morning rush, I reduced prices on some items that people were looking at but not buying. I figure a dollar less is no big deal. I dont have to lug it back, nor store it. Mid-afternoon, I cut prices again but not on the stamp sets.
Reply With Quote Likes