Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2006, 09:16 AM   #1  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best way to mail 12 x 12 paper?

As I am ISO 12 x 12 paper, now I am wondering if it is worth it since it is akward to mail. Any one have experience with mailing it?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Default Expensive

Mailing it (at least from Canada) is really expensive. There is a surcharge on all mail that won't fit into a standard size mail slot. If you can, I'd suggest rolling it in a tube which is a bit cheaper, or cutting it into 6x6 squares...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

I have never mailed 12 x 12 paper, but I used to recieve it in pizza boxes. They were the perfect size and kept the paper nice. Maybe some local pizza company would let you have one or purchase one for a modest price. Hope you find a solution for you and have a happy day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've mailed it and received it buy sandwiching it between two pieces of larger (say 14x14) cardboard and taping around the edges, however this is not for really large quantities, just use a box for that.
btw I've started buying mainly 12x12 paper, even for card making, I have enough to make 2 standard size cards plus lots of extra for layering, trim, etc.

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

mail it! I usually mail it in boxes I ordered that fit 12x12. But a priority mail box is free from the post office. This is the size you need providing you are sending priority mail. Priority mail box

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

well that sounded stupid! I forgot the "I" in front of mail it! If we had the edit function I would have just edited it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladylinks
mail it! I usually mail it in boxes I ordered that fit 12x12. But a priority mail box is free from the post office. This is the size you need providing you are sending priority mail. Priority mail box

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 10:13 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

I will usually buy 2 bubble envelopes, cut one in half and then open the side seam on the other to fit them together. That being said, MazG is right, it cost me $6 to mail 5 pieces and about 10 eyelets two cities over (20miles).

Good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I've ordered 12x12 online from a great website. They wouls sandwich it between 2 pieces of cardboard (more like chipboard), shrink wrap it, THEN put it in a box! They were great and their shipping isn't too high. If you want to know the website, PM me and I'll let you know - I don't know the rules on posting links to sites that sell stuff here....

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 10:24 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by canben
I've ordered 12x12 online from a great website. They wouls sandwich it between 2 pieces of cardboard (more like chipboard), shrink wrap it, THEN put it in a box! They were great and their shipping isn't too high. If you want to know the website, PM me and I'll let you know - I don't know the rules on posting links to sites that sell stuff here....

Suzanne
Feel free to post it... the TOS only restrict you from promoting your own business... but you are welcome to share a business you like and frequent!

And.... I lOVE the Pizza Box Idea.... I have some stuff to put on ebay (retired tag sheets and old SU papers) and It wouldn't fit in the priority box without bending.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

:oops: Well here I am again and I totally misread your question. Most of the time you should order at least 20 or so sheets to make it worth the money. It also depends on where you buy it. Some places charge way to much money while others are more reasonable. I can mail 20 sheets for 4.05 unless someone lives far away from me. You can calculate the postage on the usps website for first class or priority mail. If you are ordering from some companies they only send ups and the rates are extremely high. 20 sheets of paper weigh about 1 pound if it's 65# cardstock like basic grey. If it's paper it would weigh about 3/4 of a pound. I haven't found a flat rate box that true 12x12 paper fits in, but there may be one. I know you can mail 8 sheets of 12x12 for 3.17 first class mail. Sorry for my mistake in the earlier post.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Default Oh, and I forgot to mention....

that retailers usually have a deal with the post office to get better rates than you do as an individual when sending this kind of thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze
Feel free to post it... the TOS only restrict you from promoting your own business... but you are welcome to share a business you like and frequent!

Thanks! It's www.scrapbook.com They're great when it comes to shipping. Their prices are decent (considering it is online - it's comparable with a LSS prices) and they have a great selection - you can find just about anything. I think I've only looked once that they didn't have/weren't getting what I needed.

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #13  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Thanks for the replies. I posted wanting some more of the scrappin paper that was in the Holiday mini and didn't make the catalog. Prolly not worth it for a few sheets from each person who offered. I will miss that paper and the Reindeer stamp set that didn't make it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

You can also use the mailers that are sold for mailing calendars. I think they're like $1 apiece. You'd still want to sandwich it chipboard I think.
Reply With Quote Likes