Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-08-2005, 02:52 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Scrapbook Totes!! What Do You Have?

For those of you who have boughten scrapbook/stamping totes, I need your help!! I am thinking of purchasing one but I have no idea where to start. Can anybody tell me what kinds/brands are good? I would like one to be able to hold 12x12 paper, stamps and ink pads (Stampin' Up! kinds), paper trimmer, plus other accessories. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Michelle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Default CM's Rolling Cart/Tote

Whatever you call it! I love CM's tools and storage stuff! They have a rolling cart, a smaller bag that can be carried on top of this one when you're wheeling it, and these little zippered bags that fit nicely inside these bags. Sorry that I can't remember the proper names. If you visit the CM website, all of the info is there, except prices. They're not the cheapest, but I find they're very well made and stand up to a lot. I've had mine since they were introduced (2 or 3 years ago) and I'm still very happy with them.
SCS #7660

(Ooops! Gotta fix that avatar - scary!!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I would suggest getting a small one, although I am sure most people would say the larger the better. The reason I say this is because I think it helps you to plan what you are going to take to a crop and not bring EVERYTHING because otherwise you get bogged down. I have a small/med crop in style bag that I carry rather than roll that i have been very happy with. I would say the lack of wheels on it is the only thing I don't like just because it gets heavy. I think the large side pocket would let you hold maybe 6 stampin up pads and there would be plenty of room for inside for paper and stamps. Plus there are little front and side pockets for embellishments and glues.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that larger is not necessarily better. I had a HUGE cropper hopper rolling cart - it had a 12x12 crate to hold paper in hanging files on the bottom, a flat pack, and plenty of space to add more stuff. It's in the attic now because when it was packed, it was WAY to heavy to get into the car.

I now have a Crop in Style Navigator that I got at JoAnn's for 40% off. I really like it - but even it gets too heavy unless i plan carefully. When this one dies (it's two years old and in like-new shape, so that won't be soon) I will look at the CM totes. I think CM stuff is well made and worth the extra money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 05:14 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I had a CM wheeled tote, but it was SO heavy, I now use it for storage. When I started pre-planning my page kits I was able to downsize what I needed to carry out for crops at other locations. I now use a Longaberger Boardwalk Basket to carry my page kits (which I keep in two gallon ziploc bags) and a garden tote to carry tools, stamps, inks and extra embellishments. I bought the garden tote at HomeGoods early in the season this year. It is canvas with tool pockets on the outside and large pockets on the inside of the "outer walls" that can hold 8.5x11 paper without damaging the corners. It is wide open on the inside, perfect for stamp cases and ink pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Location: At my front door peering through the sidelight anxiously awaiting a visit from 'Mr. Brown'...

I use 2, for different resons of coarse.. I use a Crop-In-Style Navigator for big crops and all day stamp events because it holds just a TON of stuff, it's got a good set of rolling wheels and you can stack stuff on top and it usually doesn't fall off (I've been known to tie stuff to the handles! $40 with my joanne's coupon.

I also use a Generations Build-A-Bag 12x12 3ring binder with organization.. It holds all my stampin spots, 4 or 5 sets of stamps, plenty of paper and scissors etc (jam packed!) and is just small enough to carry over my shoulder even with my kids in toe...I think it was about $18 with my Michael's coupon...Gotta love those coupons!

Splitcoast Uploads - 2 Peas Scrapbook Gallery -
Stained Glass - Jeeping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I have the crop in style Navigator tote that I use when I'm taking a lot of things or going to all night crops. I just recently bought the Karen Foster Carry All Tote for when I just wanted to take stamps to work on cards and swaps. It's a much smaller bag that is kind of like a messenger bag that you carry over your shoulder. It has file storage that fits 12x12 paper and it has clear pouches that velcro so they can be removed. It's also super cute because I got the hot pink and black bag. These bags are really popular and where actually on back order for about 2 months. I paid about $27 before shipping.
April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 07:09 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I have the Crop In Style Jr. I bought it to hold everything I owned for scrapping-stamping at that time, and had room to spare. WELLLLLLLLLL, lol, seeing as tho I now have a stamp room, it sits as storage for 12x12 papers!! I will use it if I attend crops, but other than that, it was WAYYY TOOO SMALLLL. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 07:15 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm not usually a QVC watcher, but I do like when they have their scrapbooking days. One of the last times I got caught up in their "special of the day", and made my first QVC purchase. It was a "Memories To Go" tote. It has a 12x12 paper tote that fits inside the large tote. The thing I like best about it is that all the little pockets are actually velcro see-thru pouches. So when you want to use something, it is easy to find and then you just 'peel' it off the tote to use it at your workspace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I have 2 Crop In Style P3's (one for cardstock and one for patterned paper), 1 Crop In Style NaNavigator, and 1 Crop In Style Junior.

I LOVE THEM ALL!
Reply With Quote Likes