Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about gift albums

Ok, I need some help. I am making gift albums for family and friends. I am doing some generic pages - mats, stamping, embellishments. How many pages should I included in these? Making 8x8 albums. TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, you are a NICE family member! I've done this before and it's a lot of work! If you're going to do albums that they have to put together, I'd probably stick with 20 pages (10 back to back). That fits the amount of page protectors that most albums come with and makes your project not as difficult as making 30 or 40 pages. Plus, it's big enough to include lots of things, but small enough to not be too overwhelming for a non-scrapper to put together. When I've done this in the past, I've included diagrams of the pages (drawn out the layouts and wrote in where to put pics, where to journal, and the sizes of the locations for pics and journaling), pens to journal with, and extra double-sided sticky take to put the pics in. Figured they had their own scissors/paper cutters (plus I left most pic places 4x6 for ease). Good luck and hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

I did this for my cousins wedding and I just used the pages that came in the 8x8 book. So I made 20 back to back (since there were 10 sleeves in the album).

She LOVED the book....I also stopped at Walgreens between the wedding and reception and printed out pictures from the digital camera that I took at the wedding, and used repositionable glue dots to place them on the mats so she would have a nice memory to take on her honeymoon. If you ever do that though, heres a tip, have a list of how many vertical and horizontal pics you need to print....because I was just lucky to have picked the right number (plus a few extras) lol!

Have fun!
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Since you're buying the album and starting them off with pages, you might want to do what I am doing for my family members. I give them the album with the pages in them and a few of the pages done at the begining. That will get them started. Then for birthdays, anniversary, christmas, etc. I add other page(s) for them to place because they can then request a specific theme for the page(s). The love them alot!
Reply With Quote Likes