Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purple and Yellow Cardstock Paper

I'm wondering if anyone out there would know off hand where I could put my hands on my hands on some yellow/purple (purple being the main color) paper? I'm making wedding invitations and these are her colors and I have searched high and low and cannot come up with any. It'd be nice if it was double sided as well. Any advise would be more than appreciated!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

What color purple and how much do you need?? I have some Stampin Up card stock in purple (mauve). Not a full pack but may 10-12 sheets
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatpackView Post
I'm wondering if anyone out there would know off hand where I could put my hands on my hands on some yellow/purple (purple being the main color) paper? I'm making wedding invitations and these are her colors and I have searched high and low and cannot come up with any. It'd be nice if it was double sided as well. Any advise would be more than appreciated!!
Make your own! Mix some solid florals or whatever might fit her theme (I did shells for my brother's)... and make your own background paper. (You can even make it double sided!) ;) There are lots of great stamps and inks out there... I used a Hero Arts clear set, and the pearlized Coredinations paper from Joann's in White pearl. They were beautiful if I do say so! (If I had a pic I'd post it!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you Amy, but I need some sort of yellow with it as well. Anna, I tried making my own. I bombed at it. In too much of a rush I think and not thinkin' it through. Thanks for all your thoughts though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 684 Likes on 354 Posts

You could also use the Polished Stone Technique with this.

Splitcoaststampers - Polished Stone Technique Tutorial by Beate Johns

LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaB29View Post
Make your own! Mix some solid florals or whatever might fit her theme (I did shells for my brother's)... and make your own background paper. (You can even make it double sided!) ;) There are lots of great stamps and inks out there... I used a Hero Arts clear set, and the pearlized Coredinations paper from Joann's in White pearl. They were beautiful if I do say so! (If I had a pic I'd post it!)

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Received 67 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm not clear, are you looking for a print cardstock with purple AND yellow in it, or are you looking for separate colors of purple and yellow to layer for the invitations?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

you could purchase a digital file and print your own. Found this on Etsy, don't know if they are the right shades but here you go:

Purple and YellowGold Printable Digital Paper by PurposelyDesigned

And GinaK Designs has a couple digital packs that feature purple and yellow:
http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/cat...?categoryId=40

By searching "high and low" does this mean you've checked stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby? If not, you might want to check them out. Look at the large 12 x 12 pads of paper; if you find a collection that has a pattern you like check online to see if you can order that particular paper in the quantity you need. For instance, I found this pack at an online store, you could by the "collection" or purchase individual sheets of the specific design you like. There appear to be some purple and yellow; but not mainly purple; here's the link:
http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/com...ne/indie_bloom

One last suggestion would be to find a purple print paper you like and a yellow and find a way to combine the two in the invitation. Make the main body of the invitation purple but maybe design it with a yellow band around it that closes it. Or make the invite purple and the RSVP card yellow? Just a few ideas...Good Luck!

Last edited by cobby; 01-11-2012 at 05:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes