Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2004, 05:40 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project ideas for young girls?

I told a friend that I would put together some projects for her daughter's birthday party -- who is turning six. This is not something I normally do, but wanted to help out a good friend/customer. Any ideas? I'm definitely trying to keep things SIMPLE. Some things we are considering: a covered notepad (these would be covered ahead of time & they would just stamp the piece that will go on the front, an RSVP pen to match, a door hanger with "Julie's Room" pre-printed on it that they would stamp on, a bag to stamp on that they could put all their goodies in...

Any other ideas? I don't want them stamping with two many colors for obvious reasons! I definitely want to use Girlfriends for some of it and have them use colored pencils.

Thanks so much for any suggestions you might have!

Suzanne
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 05:53 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Default Project ideas for young girls?

I just did this for my 15 year olds birthday but I'm sure you could do a similar version it for a 6 year old. We had each friend bring 2-3 pictures of herself and then I had all the supplies for them to create a 12x12 scrapbook page of themselves for my daughters scrapbook. It was a lot of fun! The girls really enjoyed themselves.

You could just ask for one picture per child and have them each decorate a 6x6 page?? Or have the host of the party take pictures of the kids that day and she can add the photos to the pages later??

Hope this helps!

Kelli ; )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 05:56 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a 6 year old almost 7
and she just loves to make cards regardless!

She doesn't layer or anything!

I also found a template for making a box to hold the cards you make!
She loved that I can't count how many of those she has put together so far that are empty!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 06:06 AM   #4  
Glitter Queen

What about puzzles? They can stamp with an outline stamp and then color them in with markers. My daughter, who is 11, loves to do these with her friends. She also likes to do the post-it notes to keep in her purse or backpack. Another good project is the shrink-it plastic. They could even string them onto cording and make necklaces to take home from the party.

Hope that helps you.

Robin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 06:07 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Can you share the template with us? I love having a variety of ways to show and hold cards! Thanks!

My girls (9 and 5) love anything stamping--especially notepads, cards and stuff like that. They also adore the set Totally Cool (so do I!)--I can't tell you how many of those girls they have colored! Great set for girls of every age!

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 06:08 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Can you share the template with us? I love having a variety of ways to show and hold cards! Thanks!

My girls (9 and 5) love anything stamping--especially notepads, cards and stuff like that. They also adore the set Totally Cool (so do I!)--I can't tell you how many of those girls they have colored! Great set for girls of every age!

Missy

Oops! Didn't see the template! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 06:23 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I found some inexpensive white flip top boxes at Michaels. The almost look like pencil boxes. I had my two girls,8 and 9, stamp and decorate them with stickers. We are using them as memory boxes... ticket stubs, little notes and other things they want to hang on to. They had a ball making them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 06:26 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Also adding to my previous post, you could decorate them with glitter gem stickers and stamp them with Pretty Princess set or other "girly" set to use for jewelry boxes!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 10:27 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Two things that we did at my 8 yo DD's party last year:

Make the magnets with the clear crystal rock glued to the top of the image (I forget what these are called!). They can either use a small stamp, or they can draw or write something. I made one ahead of time for each girl with their name on it and then let them each make one at the party.

I picked up the clear plastic mugs that come with pictures to color and insert in the sides, for less than $1 each at WalMart. I took the pre-printed pictures out and used them as templates to cut cardstock the same size for the girls to stamp on. When re-inserted the girls had their own personalized, stamped mug! These were similar to the mugs SU sells or used to sell.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 10:37 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I am not a demonstrator but my neighbor girls went to a party and made those note cubes with a pen to match. They also made some cards with the girlfriends set, very cute. How about those little pencil pouches, they are made with a half sheet of card stock, I know I have seen them here somewhere. Also another thought, maybe a box or a bag, they can stamp on and fill with some goodies. Also maybe a fun frame, I made these with a half sheet of cardstock too, and they stand up. They would be just the right size for their school pictures. Have fun, sounds like it will be!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 11:12 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Default ideas for young girls party

last yr I was asked by our school to create something for arts and crafts day, so we took a small corn can and I measured the paper out before hand and we used the bugs theme and did a little catcher covered it with black mesh screening..LOL was totally surprised whe we were outside the other day and the kids were using them to catch lady bugs...now of coarse I am thinking you can do something with a halloween or snowman theme and they can fill them with candy

shellanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 11:22 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Adding to the idea of making frames, my DD went to a party and the mom took a picture of all the guests. And dad (who was not busy with the girls) took it to a 1 hour photo place and had a copy made for each girl to put into their frames. It was a great take home gift! Of course they decorated the frames with stickers. This was before stamping became the thing to do! :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I love the idea of having the girls bring pictures and let them create a page for the birthday girls scrapbook. Very Smart!!!
I also loved the post I read earlier with the Purealopes. You make them out of envelopes. The girls could decorate the outside the way they like and cut a piece of coordinating ribbon for the handle. The mother of the birthday could go to the dollar store and buy a pack of combs, nail polish and lipstick to put in the purses for the girls to take home as their goodie bag. I di something like this for my daughters b-day and the girls loved it. I still have moms calling and asking about how to do it.
Good Luck!!
Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the great ideas
Reply With Quote Likes