Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #41  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Publisher and can print 4 card insides at one time. It is amazing!!!! So very very easy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #42  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
I love, love, love this hint from Patter: http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/...aps%20Tutorial I use it all the time to print sentiments onto small scraps.

And Ted: ask and ye shall receive.

I wish there was a way I could print that tutorial. Can't get my computer to do it. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny8stamperView Post
I wish there was a way I could print that tutorial. Can't get my computer to do it. Any ideas?
Oops! The 100th time's the charm! Don't get old--technology's hard for the age-impaired!

Thanks again for all the great suggestions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedView Post
I wish there were templates available to know WHERE to enter the sentiments so that when we print it, the sentiments are centered on the inside right half of the A2 card.

me 2 !!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 02:27 AM   #45  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny8stamperView Post
Wow, glad y'all are finding my tutorial helpful! Thank you! I love being able to print on odd shaped scraps because I use up my paper, and I don't always use the same size sentiment or journaling square. This makes it very versatile!

As far as printing my tutorial, try this:

*Go to the post here
*Place your cursor at the beginning of the post.
*Right-click with your mouse and scroll down to highlight the entire tutorial.
*Select Ctrl+C to copy.
*Open Microsoft Word.
*Select Ctrl+V to paste it into Word.
*Print.

That should work for you. Let me know if it doesn't. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Sentiment alignment

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
I love, love, love this hint from Patter: http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/...aps%20Tutorial I use it all the time to print sentiments onto small scraps.

And Ted: ask and ye shall receive.
I've used Patter's way for some time. Thank You busy Momma!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

I print my on Copy Paper and my printer is a Kodak. Works great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula in GAView Post
Just a suggestion. I buy packs of print business cards. I type whatever sentiment on each card, sometimes all different and sometimes the same in whatever font suits my fancy. Each page makes 10 business cards & the template is in most word processing programs. Then I just pull them apart and attach to my card. This way I don't have to worry about fitting them on a full piece of paper, I can make lots at a time, inexpensive and looks nice on the card.
great idea... could even be cut with dies....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: in sunny Florida on the wonderful west coast. Venice FL

I make my cards as needed for specific individuals and use a large variety of fonts and expressions. I've never had a card-making program so learned early on to set up my page by bringing up MS Word, clicking on Page Setup under the File tab at the top of the Word page, electing Page Size to specify actual size and custom-setting my Margins to create the "message area" in the desired location. By using actual size there is the benefit of seeing a picture displaying size and message placement as typed relative to each other. As an example for an A2 card liner (in Windows 7): The first step is to define the paper size and I set it for actual size after trimming to leave a .25" margin around the liner once it's folded and placed in the card. For an A2 card, portrait (vertical) that would be an 8" width x 5" ht. The left margin would have to be greater than 4" to skip over the card front, so I would usually put in 4.75" and put in .75" for the right margin. In other words, 4" is to the fold of the liner plus .75" for a minimum left margin on the message page. An equal .75" minimum margin would be elected for the right edge to balance the left margin. I put in 1" margins for top and bottom. This leaves a "message box of 3.25 x 3.25 inches center on the second half of the sheet.
I then select "Center" from the task bar for positioning the type; type the message, select the Font, font size, color of font, and arrange lines in a pleasing fashion. With the selection of "Center" for the type, the margin usually ends up being larger than the .75" as set and yet keeps one from making too long a line. The page is displayed as it will appear when printed, so some judgments can be made on whether to raise or lower the message just by looking at the picture. For placement of the message within that top to bottom space I place the cursor at the start of the message and use Enter to lower or Backspace to raise it.
In the learning stage, especially, it never hurts to print a sample to make certain it is as you wish. It's up to you whether you trim the paper to size before or after printing...the computer won't care. The things to remember are to trim the paper to 5"x8" (taking the 1" off from the right side if it's after printing) and then folding in half. Your message should be perfectly centered with your top to bottom margins as you placed them when you previewed your set-up.
If you choose to print directly on your base cardstock, use the full 8.5 x 5.5 measurement. The left margin would be changed to 5" to keep the margins balanced; the other margins can still be set as above.
For a Landscape (Horizontal) the process is the same except it's the top margin that must be increased to skip over the first half of the card and the left, right, and bottom margins might all be set at 1", for example.
Once the concept is understood there is so much freedom in printing what you'd like, how you'd like, and where you'd like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Printing sentiment on textured cardstock

I needed to complete a sympathy card recently and could not find an appropriate sentiment stamp. I typed it in MS Word in a measured textbook in the font and color I wanted on plain printing paper. Then I cut out the texture cardstock shape and used repositional adhesive to ahere it to the original printed sheet. I then put it in the printer and hit print for a 2nd time. It worked like a jewel.
Reply With Quote Likes