Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #81  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't care much for the new website... but then I don't really care for Nichole's blog setup... there are too many photos of random stuff and it seems messy to me. I have been shying away from PTI lately... nothing is ever in stock. It's sad because I love their products. :(
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #82  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping to place an order before release night, I haven't ordered from PTI in months and there were only a few items I wanted from each release. The Kraft ribbon collection was one of those things, but, with the new web site, there is no Kraft ribbon.

I think I'll skip ordering for another month. The items that were in my shopping cart aren't holding my interest that much any more...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I set up my account for the first time so I could look at my reward points, but I guess that part of it isn't ready yet. They do have all my orders on file so I'm hoping that means I DO have some reward points accumulated!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #84  
Rubber Obsessor

Boy I sure do hope that they fix the issue of our carts not being saved!!! This will really suck if not because I really rely on that to keep track of what I need. There's NO WAY I'll be able to keep track of a paper list on my desk, nor do I have the desire to keep a separate electronic file of my wishlist items. I hope they come up with a way to either give us a wishlist option or let us save our carts.

While the site looks nice, I don't really notice anything better about it. Maybe I'm missing something?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #85  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaMView Post
I was hoping to place an order before release night, I haven't ordered from PTI in months and there were only a few items I wanted from each release. The Kraft ribbon collection was one of those things, but, with the new web site, there is no Kraft ribbon.

I think I'll skip ordering for another month. The items that were in my shopping cart aren't holding my interest that much any more...
Not that this will change your mind about ordering, but the Kraft ribbon is on the website. It is just not categroized right, I guess. I did a search for "kraft" and the first things that came up were all the kraft ribbons. I'm not sure why they aren't with all the other kraft stuff, but they are still working on the website so hopefully they will get that fixed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #86  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by newlystampingView Post
Boy I sure do hope that they fix the issue of our carts not being saved!!! This will really suck if not because I really rely on that to keep track of what I need. There's NO WAY I'll be able to keep track of a paper list on my desk, nor do I have the desire to keep a separate electronic file of my wishlist items. I hope they come up with a way to either give us a wishlist option or let us save our carts.

While the site looks nice, I don't really notice anything better about it. Maybe I'm missing something?
I agree about the carts not being saved. Mine vanished after about half an hour. It will be super frustrating to have to keep reloading it.

So far I have to say the changes in the website are pretty underwhelming and seem more cosmetic than substantial.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #87  
Mad Swapper

I think there may be more website changes coming. I know they said they were going to roll out the website in phases and i wonder if some of the extra features are another phase. I am surprised that they haven't really "annouced" the new website on Nichole's Blog.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #88  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

With all the complaints I have heard about this company, are the stamps made of 14 karat gold? Is it truly worth all the hassles?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #89  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by edie3View Post
With all the complaints I have heard about this company, are the stamps made of 14 karat gold? Is it truly worth all the hassles?
I really like the stamps and they are really high quality... at this point I am wondering if it is worth the hassle. Hopefully they will get the website problems straightened out and keep more stock on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #90  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Well, as we saw the rewards points being fixed (more realistic numbers for most of us now), perhaps Nichole hasn't made the announcement because they're behind the scenes running tests, etc. Fixing what needs to be fixed.

For now I'm choosing to be optimistic.

For now. ;)

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #91  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedView Post
Well, as we saw the rewards points being fixed (more realistic numbers for most of us now), perhaps Nichole hasn't made the announcement because they're behind the scenes running tests, etc. Fixing what needs to be fixed.

For now. ;)
I don't necessarily think an "announcement" was necessary, but an acknowledgement that the site went live (and, if applicable, that people are working on it) would have been swell. After all, if you didn't belong to the forum, you wouldn't have known that they were planning to make the switch this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #92  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
I don't necessarily think an "announcement" was necessary, but an acknowledgement that the site went live (and, if applicable, that people are working on it) would have been swell. After all, if you didn't belong to the forum, you wouldn't have known that they were planning to make the switch this week.
Email them and give them your feedback... in the event they don't read SCS forums.

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #93  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I love PTI images - I don't know what it is about them that keep me coming back, but I do!

However with the quality issues I've had - losing the substrate if you go to fast (even if I don't go fast, I always manage to lose some) - I still get clean impressions, but I have one stamp in particular that doesn't cling well because too much substrate was lost.

I have branched out to other clear stamps and have not had the same issue. Has anyone else tried other companies? What is your quality experience?

Help us create a StampinUp Gallery Index

Last edited by kthaman; 02-13-2012 at 05:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #94  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedView Post

For now. ;)
Me, too, Ted! And the thing that has me most excited? Being able to use my rewards points in the near future! woo hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Holy cow, Jennifer, a month to your town?!?!?! You have the patience of a saint, my friend! That would bother me mostly because I would feel I have to keep checking and at what point to say it was lost?! Is there an option to insure the packages with PTI?

Mary Rose, I love thinking of you and rewards points . I love that you love PTI ~ whatever it takes to keep you stamping is good!

Karen, there are many great photopolymer stamp companies out there - Waltzingmouse Stamps (a new release coming at the end of the month) is top quality with fast and reasonable shipping from N. Ireland.

Crafty Secrets (whose stamps may still be on sale, not sure) was going to stop manufacturing stamps and go digital, but I believe the owner is talking about licensing the images. I would find out if they are using the same manufacturer because the quality of CS stamps is second to none. I literally *gasped* the first time I used one of their stamps (it was the first clear stamp I used).

Verve Stamps are good quality also with very distinct design style - you like it or you don't.
Impression Obsession has some clear sets as well as rubber.
Hero Arts is great quality as well.
Kitchen Sink Stamps are exceptional quality and very unique multistep designs.

I'm sure others can add to that list .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #96  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvaCView Post
Getting the security warning thing as well. Urgh...yes it gives you options but it pops up everytime I click to a new page. I am not changing browsers. Interet Explorer is one of the largest most used (if not the most) and a website should be able to run compatible to internet explorer. There are alot that do....never had an issue with the old site. MFT is the only other site I have this issue with. It is annoying enough to cute my looking time drastically. Instead of filling my cart...I am here.

On a postive..the site looks great. Yes, alot like the old site but it looks really nice. I am positive they will work all the bugs out!!

Looks as if this issue was fixed today...yeah!

Stamp S'More

Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #97  
Embossing Fanatic

These are just the few things I would change with PTI's new site (if I could): For starters, when viewing a PTI Die, it would be nice to have a link in the listing for the coordinating stamp set so you don't have to go searching for it somewhere else. Yes, the name of the stamp set appears but a link would be more user-shopper friendly. The next thing I would change is the way the dies are presented once you select Tools, then PTI Dies. You should be able to hover your mouse over the teeny tiny die image and have a larger image of the die appear--this way, you don't have to click on every die to find out what it really looks like or to find the one you're looking for. This would totally make me nuts if I were new to PTI and had to click on every tiny image to see the die--in fact I'm not all that new to the site and it already drives me nuts. Although I do like the appearance of the new site---it is really sharp looking---however, functionality of a site will always trump appearance. Also, just a tip (although I've never tried it), to avoid Shopping Cart nightmares, maybe you could open individual tabs for the products you want (I use FireFox), then once you're ready with all of your products, just go to each one and add them to the cart (one by one), then complete your checkout. This way, your cart doesn't sit in limbo while you search for products to add. Sounds good anyway--don't know if it would work (?).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #98  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I was really curious about the clothing that they are starting to carry so as soon as I saw this thread about the new website, I went to check it out. I surely hope there is an error on their t-shirt pricing for plus sizes! I know plus sizes are often a little more, but $10 more ?!?!?!?! YIKES!

Hopefully all the rest of the kinks are worked out for release day tomorrow.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #99  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
I was really curious about the clothing that they are starting to carry so as soon as I saw this thread about the new website, I went to check it out. I surely hope there is an error on their t-shirt pricing for plus sizes! I know plus sizes are often a little more, but $10 more ?!?!?!?! YIKES!

Hopefully all the rest of the kinks are worked out for release day tomorrow.
When you click the link to buy the clothing and mugs, you are leaving the PTI store and entering the CafePress Inc store, so I'd guess PTI doesn't exert too much control there over the pricing. You could maybe check out other CafePress clothing items that aren't PTI, and see if they are similarly priced for the larger sizes.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

Surprised to see the 5% discount for 24 hours at PTI.

Not too surprised that they have this brand new packaging system which seems like a good solution .... and the cases aren't up to standards so not available. . Why would you not know you have product in hand before you reveal it? Baffling.

Last edited by Phantom; 02-15-2012 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: to be nicer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #101  
Stampin' Fool

Nancy,

According to Nichole's blog, the shipment of dvd cases arrived recently, and they were not up to standard, so they are being returned and won't be sold tonight. Evidently there must have been a difference between the prototype and the actual delivered product.

I don't see anything here to criticize PTI over. If they had known the entire shipment of dvd cases was not up to the standard and sold them anyway, then there's a problem!

And yes, the 5% discount is very nice!

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 AM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't want to be entirely negative!

I may not love a lot this time around, but I have to say that the zipper concept is pretty darn cool. And the Movers and Shakers sentiment set is nice as are the sentiments in the butterfly set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #103  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbenjamView Post
Nancy,

According to Nichole's blog, the shipment of dvd cases arrived recently, and they were not up to standard, so they are being returned and won't be sold tonight. Evidently there must have been a difference between the prototype and the actual delivered product.

I don't see anything here to criticize PTI over. If they had known the entire shipment of dvd cases was not up to the standard and sold them anyway, then there's a problem!

And yes, the 5% discount is very nice!

Mary
I see what you're saying Mary - if the prototype was fine, you're right, you should be able to expect the rest to measure up.

Of course, sometimes manufacturers do send something unacceptable and you expect the store not to sell you something substandard. But they've been down this road often enough that I just think they'd make sure the initial shipment was set to go, that's all.

It makes me sad that I don't think I can give PTI the benefit of the doubt anymore. I'll be the first to cheer them on when things start running smoothly again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #104  

I'm used to seeing a big jump in prices; and yes, sometimes as much as $10. :(

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #105  
SCS RAK Coordinator

slow learner question ..... I thought you were supposed to be able to get to the forum through the customer service link (after logging in). I'm logged in but I can't find the link to the forum anywhere. Nicholes "Today is the day" post still mentions going to the forum for the release festivities. Is there forum still out of commission or am I just blind?

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #106  

Here is a link:

Papertrey Ink Forum • Index page

Nothing "official" is happening on the forum - though they have already started the technical issues thread. All contests are on Nichole's blog only.

Not sure if the link from the store will get put back, I have the forum bookmarked on my home page, so I always have easy access.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #107  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by kthamanView Post
Here is a link:

Papertrey Ink Forum • Index page

Nothing "official" is happening on the forum - though they have already started the technical issues thread. All contests are on Nichole's blog only.

Not sure if the link from the store will get put back, I have the forum bookmarked on my home page, so I always have easy access.
Thanks for the link!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #108  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Surprised to see the 5% discount for 24 hours at PTI.

Not too surprised that they have this brand new packaging system which seems like a good solution .... and the cases aren't up to standards so not available. . Why would you not know you have product in hand before you reveal it? Baffling.
the part that stinks with it is that if you were counting on ordering their system (since there is no CD case anymore) then you are SOL for a couple of months while they figure it out - IF they figure it out in a couple of months. I really don't want to wait a couple of months to store my new stamps and I don't want to go the TH folder route. So not sure what I'm going to do at this point.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #109  
Stazon Splitcoast

pasco - I know what you mean ~ how do you switch the whole system and then not be sure it's ready!? I'm sure many will just wait for the cases and hope for the best.

Karen/kthaman, I saw your post on the forum about the DT ruining their cards for the sake of showing the 'zipper' pulled! It never even crossed my mind!! I can't look at that without wondering why I never thought of it, LOL! ... with so many packages we purchase that open that way. It's a cute idea I may just fall for..... in a few months when the dust settles.

Last edited by Phantom; 02-15-2012 at 02:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #110  

I doubt the DVD cases they will carry will be any different than other DVD cases - you can get them at other places. I think they are stocking them so that they offer a storage solution.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #111  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I doubt the DVD cases they will carry will be any different than other DVD cases - you can get them at other places. I think they are stocking them so that they offer a storage solution.
Nicole said they will be similar to their calendar cases. Which is different than all of the ones I have been able to find and see in person. I don't want to order a ton online and have them be different.

I'm OCD with stamp storage so I want them to be the same. I didn't even like their calendar cases by their cd cases.... bugged me that they didn't match.

I'm not frustrated with PTI for it, I know these things happen. It just stinks that it isn't a "we should have a delivery soon" it may be months. Not the end of the world by any means, just kind of stinks - especially since I know it is me who is OCD and that isn't PTI's fault.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #112  

Oh, I totally missed that bit about them being like the calendar holders.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #113  
Stazon Splitcoast

I misunderstood the post Nichole wrote about the new packaging.

I thought it was going to be a smaller version of the type of case that SU and A Muse Studio have but it's nothing like that at all. It's a DVD size of the type of case like a CD case/calendar case, and the dimensions they give for the package are the dimensions for that same kind of reusable plastic box that they used to send the cd case, instructions, stamps, etc. in.

I'm glad you all were chatting about the packaging because it made me go back and look more closely, but I get it now!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #114  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Oh, I totally missed that bit about them being like the calendar holders.
Is this the same size as the Stampin' Up and Amuse packaging? I hope so!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, the dimensions she gives on her blog are smaller... but then that's the size of the plastic box everything comes in. She doesn't really give the size of the DVD case. It could be the same size as SU/A Muse. But keep in mind also that if it's like the calendar cases, then it's made of the same kind of material as the CD case - the hard clear plastic.

The dimensions for the reusable box she gives are: 4-7/8" x 6-1/2" x 1/2".

That doesn't mean that the DVD style case has to fit inside, but she does say that the index labels are 4 x 6. It makes me believe that the DVD case will be smaller and would maybe fit inside that soft plastic reusable box. No way of knowing!

Just for reference, the SU/A Muse Studio cases are 5-3/8" x 7-1/2" x 1/2" .

Last edited by Phantom; 02-15-2012 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: clarify
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #116  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I just placed my order on the new website and it went very smoothly.

I got 2 stamp sets, and 3 sets of dies. I was able to use my rewards on my total purchase, and got the 5% discount. Hooray!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good news, Bugga!!

I'll be holding off and placing A Muse and Waltzingmouse orders next instead, but I'm really happy to hear that things went smoothly tonight !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #118  
Stazon Splitcoast

I only had one hiccup...the shopping cart just dumped my whole order so I had to re-enter the whole thing. Other than that one thing, it all went too smoothly, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #119  
Pearl-ExPert

Just placed my order, and everything worked out. The only exception is that the 5% discount was applied incorrectly on the final screen, but the proper amount was billed to my PayPal account. Can't wait to get my zipper die, as well as my other items!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #120  

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracyView Post
Just placed my order, and everything worked out. The only exception is that the 5% discount was applied incorrectly on the final screen, but the proper amount was billed to my PayPal account. Can't wait to get my zipper die, as well as my other items!
The discount may have worked - check your email and order history....mine show the correct final price (even though the print I made of my order confirmation has the $5 instead of 5%).

Reply With Quote Likes