Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2004, 09:48 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paper Rack storage options

Okay, I need some help. I have so much paper and I really want to find a better way to store it. Most places I have looked have the wire rack storage things for $100 or more. I have found a place that have them a little cheaper. http://store.jdpacificrim.com/Search...ry=Paper+Racks This is still more than I want to pay. Anyone know of a place that is cheaper. Ebay isn't. They are selling these (same picture at least) for more. I want to set up a stamp/scrap room, but have a tight budget. If this is the cheapest around, then I will just have to save alittle longer.

Thanks in advance for your input. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want some of these, but not if they force me to go too far over budget.

I'm looking at getting 4 of the of the 30 slot 12x12 and probably 2 of the 45 slot 8.5 x 11 onces. The price is actually okay on these, it's the shipping that kills you - $60 for one 30 slot 12x12.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 10:06 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Just for a suggestion......have you thought about the wire storage cubes from Target or places like that? I know people who instead of assembling them as cubes use plastic ties and make shelves from them instead. You can usually buy a unit (4-6 cubes) for between $12 and $16. It's just a thought if you really want to save money! Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 11:35 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Default storage

OH MY GOSH! That shipping is OUTRAGEOUS! I looked at one $4 shelf, and the shipping was $36!!!! What do they do, put only one item on the whole truck and deliver them one at a time??????? Or are you buying the truck itself? I like their product, but would never do business at those prices for shipping. That's way over-gouging.

I agree that the best price going is the wire racks from Walmart. You can configure them any way you want. I also saw another thread where you can buy slides for the shelves so they pull out individually. That's really cool.

I have made a wall rack with these, cutting every cube/shelf in 1/2 except the one on the wall. With the cut end against the wall and using the plastic ties to hold the shelves on, it's the perfect depth for my SU! stamp sets.

Don't despair! No need to go broke! Gals at SCS have better solutions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 11:43 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I have the "target" cubes, and put them together with the zip ties to form shelves...I like them, obviously, the other shelves would be nice, but these are fine for what I need them for, and the price is right..the only difference is the shelves aren't slanted..Kerilou....

ETA: here are my shelves, like I said, nothing spectacular, but they serve their purpose....one side for CS, one side for PP....
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Rack storage options-100_0017.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 11:46 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

how much paper are you talking? I have tried hanging file folders - and honestly, that didn't work for me. I have gone to 8 1/2 x 11" plastic tubs/bins with lids - one for each color family. within each bin i have alphabetized the colors, so i know where to find my paper. i only store paper here that is at 1/4 sheet. anything smaller than that goes in another "scrap" bin. i have a separate tub for 12 x 12 paper, and for misc papers (i.e. vellum, kraft, etc). all these tubs are stored on a shelf in the dark in a walk-in closet - my craft closet

so my paper isn't readily at my fingertips, but close enough that i pull out the tub, then pull out what i need. it keeps my work surface neater, and keeps me on task. I use the color chart with scraps of each color to decide which colors i need for current projects. If i just can't decide, i pull all four tubs out and set them next to me on the floor.

probably doesn't work for everyone, but saves me some heartache, and it was a cheap fix. i find that it is more necessary to have my ink pads & accessories readily available.

good luck!
lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 12:00 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

For my 8.5x11, I use a portable file box (normally used with hanging folders, but I can fit more paper in it without the folders). My 12x12 is in a custom made hanging folder box (thanks to my husband). All of my extra paper is stacked on a shelf. I'm in the process of cleaning my closet (can't even get a toe in there now :oops: ) for my paper because I'm afraid it will fade....

Have you had your paper fade, for those that have the wire racks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 12:06 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I have not had a problem with fading, as you can see, the paneling in the background, the room is dark, AND not much light, as it is in the back of the house....Kerilou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 12:16 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I use the Target Organize It Cubes for all my paper and they work great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 12:18 PM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think someone in the BST forum was selling their wire rack storage for paper. I dont htink the price was bad...
Tandra
here is the link for her- Forums at Splitcoaststampers

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 12:45 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default 12 x 12 paper storage

I use the inexpensive in/out boxes that are sold in office suppley stores, Target, etc. They are the perfect size for regular cardstock. If you put a piece of 12 x 12 cardboard on each one, they become the perfect size for scrapbook paper. I used 12 in. pizza boxes to get my cardboard without doing a lot of measuring. They aren't fancy but they sure do the trick for very little money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 01:55 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

I have so much paper it's not even funny. I'm betting if I stacked it all it would be close to 4 feet tall.

I have a P3, which I don't really like. Was looking at these shelves or going vertical - but can't see my paper vertical.

Will have to check out the target/walmart shelves
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 02:07 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

The wire cubes from Target!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 02:28 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

I use a literature sorter, like the one at Office Max (see below link). The ones I have are wood around the outside and corregated cardboard shelves. They come with 24 slots, so I put 2 colors of each CS in each slot. Works well for 8 1/2 x 11 paper, the one I have won't work for 12 x 12. But check out their other products.

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutio...BlockOID=49198
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 02:40 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For my 81/2 x 11 paper I bought the sorters from Sam's Club and they are only $14.99. They have 12 slots each and I double up my paper for all 48 colors from SU. They fit perfect on a shelf system that is attached to the wall. My 12 x 12 paper I just made adjust an additional shelf for that because the wire cubes that I have from Target just took up too much room in my little work area.
The Sam's sorter look just like the one that Stampin Dawn got at office max.
Have fun organizing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 03:53 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

I have a literature sorter that I just got for Christmas, I believe it was from Office Depot and cost about $20 CAN. It has 8 slots for 8.5x11 and 4 for 12x12. It's made of sturdy cardboard and at first I wan't too sure about it but now I like it. I know that Costco has some metal/chrome racks for paper, sort of like the other grid ones I have seen and they were $20 CAN. too.
I have book racks similar to the expensive shipping ones that you are looking at and I got them from a local craft store that was going out of business. $1 each.
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes