Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2004, 08:36 PM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PAPER PIECING PUNCH

I ordered the paper piecing punch on September 11 at a stamp camp I was at and I still haven't gotten it. Has anyone else experienced this same thing. I have asked my demo quite a few times and she just keeps telling me that it is backordered. I have mentioned to her that there are others that received theirs and they placed their order after I did. What should I do? Tell her I want my money back and start over or just wait it out.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 08:40 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

If I was you, I would ask her to email SU! demo services and check on it. Being me, I'd want her to cc me on the email and forward the response to me if DS didn't reply all with their response.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 08:47 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I thought that they were refunding people that had to wait a certain amount of time??? Yeah, i'd ask her to call them at least..

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:01 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I ordered mine oct.22nd and just got it yesterday. It is my understanding that the backorders get filled according to the day it was ordered. In other words, if you ordered yours in september, you should have gotten yours before me. I would give your demo a call. I am a demo too, and I ordered mine on a demo order, but that doesn't make any difference. They get filled by date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:18 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Back orders

I ordered my Paper-Piercing punch. along with other things that are back-ordered on OCT 14th and I still don't have mine, nor is it showing up on OEX anything but PARTIAL! If they are filling B/O according to date than somethings seriously messed up...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:25 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have written SU on this topic twice now, the 2nd time I got the answer that they get these punches from overseas, and they think that is what is affecting the B/O.
They also cannot give us a date as to when the will receive more because the manufacturer cannot give them a date.

I am so frustrated about this. I ordered mine the first week of October. UGH! I mean, it was bad enough that they were in the catty (with a note that said not available until end of September)....I patiently wait and then order when they are finally "available" and I have to wait LONGER!?! Had I known that this was going to occur I wouldn't have bothered. It doesn't help that I can't get these items anywhere else either.

Glitter Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:25 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

Default question

here is what Stampin up has on thier website about this punch, this was posted on thier website on 11/15/04

104406 – Paper Piecing Punch—Availability to be determined

I hope this helps!!!
Also, talk to your demo..... maybe there is something else going on with the order...maybe with the change at the facility is lost in the computer? who know but cant hurt to call and try!

P.S any orders places after November 15th you will get FREEEEEEEEE shipping from stampin up! I cant remember when it ends but it will be the later part of December!!!!!

Hope this helps
Shannon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 10:04 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I ordered mine in early October and received it yesterday. Yeeaahhh!!

-- Bridget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 05:08 AM   #9  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks everyone. I have asked her and I will stay on it again and again until I have a definite answer. My thought is that I gave her the money for it and she forgot to place the order.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 05:17 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Sandy, I'm sure yours is on it's way and that your demo is just as frustrated as you are. I ordered mine way back at the beginning of October and just recieved it 3 days ago. I'm a demo and I never got status on it - just "Availability to be Determined". Then one day it showed up.

Wendi, SCS Member # 799
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sahm_i_am
www.wendibrant.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 05:48 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I ordered a punch in early October and have not yet received it. However, I have a customer who ordered her punch about a week later and got it this past Friday.

Jana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 05:54 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

I heard ysterday that there was a hiccup in there system and some orders could just be floating around in cyberspace. Since people who have received there punches after your order was placed, maybe you could order a new one. If the other one ever shows up you could return it for a refund.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 05:59 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Paper Piecing Punch

Hey Sandy...I have 2 of the punches, and yes, it took a looong time for
mine to come in. I am a demonstrator and I ordered mine shortly after the new Catalog was released. I am assuming the SU didn't realize just how popular the item would be. You are most welcome to borrow one
of mine until yours comes in!! Just email me privately with your address
and I will mail it to you at no charge. [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 06:29 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

If I am remembering correctly, since they had so many backorders they were trying to fill things currently and then fill backorders as soon as they could. Their reasoning was that if they didn't start filling current orders then they would just keep getting further and further behind. I think that is why some people who just ordered theirs have gotten it before some people who ordered a few weeks ago. I know it doesn't seem fair, but if they don't fill current orders then everything will be backordered or partially shipped.

I had a christmas set for a customer that was on backorder (and is still on backorder) but I went in and ordered it again by itself and I just received it! I called them and told them what I had done and they said they understood. I will just exchange that set (that was on backorder) when it comes in.

You might ask your demonstrator to go in and order it again and I bet you get it before your one on backorder comes in!

Sorry to be so long... :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 06:44 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

If I remeber correctly, although the catalog states the punch would become available in Sept, it was not avaliable until late Sept...the 28th maybe. So if you ordered it on the 11th, your demo could not have ordered it until the 28th.

Now if she had remembered to order it on the 28th you would have it in hand. But anyone who waited...even a few days ended up getting on the backorder list! What a bummer!

I know that the backorder list, although supposedly going in order seems to have had a glitch. Unfortunately some customers are waiting longer than others!

Hopefully that SU's headquarter move is complete things with straighten htemselves out!!!

Sorry you had to wait so long....I just hate waiting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 06:54 AM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Hey Sandy ~ what DS should be saying is that they TRY to ship out backorders in the order they came in!! This happened with me with several items over the past few months! I just got lucky when I ordered mine a few months ago....

Now that being said, an order I placed last week is shipping almost complete - minus the brads they said were available that week!!

It's getting pretty out of hand. I hope that the spots (that were ordereded in October) and the black craft pad (same order) ship soon.....they've been in picking for 4 days!!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 07:26 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Default Don't give up!

Oh, it will be worth the wait to get the PPP! I'm just a newbie stamper (not a demo) but my demo ordered mine at the first availability date and I had to wait a couple of weeks. But I have used it a lot with the In the Wild set...love to piece those giraffes and zebras :lol: in addition to the other wide range of uses for solid colors and just about EVERYTHING!
Don't cancel the order. I think you'll be glad you toughed it out!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 11:23 AM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

i ordered spots last monday, and it said backordered, everything else said shipped and then it went into picking already could that be true??? if so the backorder cant be that bad on the spots??? maybe that is good news, i also wanted to say whoever said it previously was right you could not order the punch until the 28th. i also want to say how sweet of the demo that is willing to ship and share her punch to you. hands out to you. you are a sweetie!!
traci
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 12:22 PM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I don't understand the reason for this punch. :? Why couldn't you just cut pieces of scrap into those shapes? It would all be just straight cuts. It'd be a good use for your scraps and a big savings in $$$$!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 12:42 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Default Uniformity

I think the key to using the PPP is uniformity because I like to do designs in rows, more than 3. I'm still a little inflexible, not at the "lemonade" stage (when life hands you lemons, make lemonade). But I guess I could say the same thing about the wheel guide. I have no problems using a thick yardstick to make my lines straight; won't be putting money into the wheel guide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 01:00 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Default Hi Sandy!

Hi Sandy!

I am a demo and I placed an order for the notched corner punch a while back and everything shipped except that one item. It wasn't even listed as being backordered, so I patiently, waited, and waited, and waited, finally 4 weeks later I called to inquire why because I knew they were moving. The lady said something I could not understand that really didn't make any sense to me, but miraculously it showed up that week. She also sounded very stressed, (Poor thing). I hope we all are behaving in a respectful way when we communicate with others! Somehow, I think my phone call helped. I haven't heard anything about them refunding orders, which I doubt is true, (but I could double check if I needed to). I do know that SU! has given us the free shipping from nov 15th through Dec. 31st to make up for all the trouble. I am sure your demo, like the rest of us (I mean all humankind) is doing the best she can. Even if she did goof and forget to order it......
Cheers to you for your patience, we are all in the same boat, and someday, regardless of stamping, I hope our boat will arrive at the Heavenly Port.

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 01:04 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

As far as refunds go, they only refund if you cancel your order.

The only normal people are the ones I dont know very well.

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/emily
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2004, 05:37 AM   #23  
Watercolor Wizard

HERE IS AN UPDATE ON MY PAPER PIECING PUNCH:

I asked my demo to call Stampin Up and find out what the problem was, and I had asked her several times, because she was positive she had ordered it. My demo called me yesterday and told me that it NEVER got ordered. She immediately placed the order and told me it would be shipped on the 29th and she was going to refund my money in full, because she made the error. She said that she thought she had placed the order. I told her not to lose any sleep over it that I just needed to know what the status was since it has been 2 1/2 months since I placed the order.

STAMPINLADY: Thank you so much for your offer. That is so sweet of you. I appreciate your kindness and thoughts of loaning me one of your punches. I should receive mine in the next couple of weeks.

Reply With Quote Likes