Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Organizing question????? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/organizing-question-138077/)

sewingmw 04-17-2006 12:58 PM

Organizing question?????

Can some of you tell me how you organize your stamp sets? I am constantly shifting through mine to find the one I want and it takes so long I am almost to the point where I give up and watch TV. Ha ha--any help here would be appreciated

RidiculouslyAddicted 04-17-2006 01:06 PM

Well, I only have about 40 sets, so it's not TOO hard for me, but I group them by style or use -- I have Nature, backgrounds, Christmas, words/alphabets, cute, and elegant. Mine just sit on top of an old stereo console, but it works!

kimber4m 04-17-2006 01:14 PM

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=133968

Lisa62 posted this message about organizing her stamps. I took her advice and it is such a good idea. I love the binders and I can really see what I have. I have my actual stamp sets in the big plastic rubbermaid containers with drawers in alphabetical order so then when I look in the binder and find something I want to use I just have to go to the letter of the name of the stamp set and grab it. This has been the best system for me by far.

mickeysgirl 04-17-2006 01:26 PM

I have been reorganizing my supplies now that I have an 'official' stamping table and area. I have over 100 sets and bought SEVERAl of the see through storage containers with drawers, like Sterilite. The drawers are marked birthday, phrases, alphabet, all occasion etc. Most of the ones I have, have the deeper drawers, but a couple of my old ones have 4 thinner drawers. I use those for my eyelets, pearl ex, wheels, etc. So far that works for me I can usually put my hands on what I need right away.

bedazzledbylife 04-17-2006 03:02 PM

Am presently in the middle of unmounting all my stamps. i really held my breath and pulled the first ones off the wood. Now I have bags of wood pieces and empty SU plastic containers. Some sets I left together, some I put the pieces in different binders. I have 8 big binders. Still have lots of stamps to go...got blisters on my fingertips from pulling off rubber! Now the stamps left have backing that is harder to remove. After about the 200th stamp you figure out which ones are gonna be problems. I wouldn't suggest UM if you are a demo, but for me it is so much better.

cher 04-17-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedazzledbylife
Am presently in the middle of unmounting all my stamps. i really held my breath and pulled the first ones off the wood. Now I have bags of wood pieces and empty SU plastic containers. Some sets I left together, some I put the pieces in different binders. I have 8 big binders. Still have lots of stamps to go...got blisters on my fingertips from pulling off rubber! Now the stamps left have backing that is harder to remove. After about the 200th stamp you figure out which ones are gonna be problems. I wouldn't suggest UM if you are a demo, but for me it is so much better.

Try putting a damp papertowel over the rubber, put into the microwave for 5 seconds...rubber peels off much easier :-)...no more blisters.

fionna51 04-18-2006 08:18 AM

I just uploaded pictures of my stamp cabinet. I am not sure if you are game to go as far as I did in storage, but it is super easy to find what you need or want. You can see EVERY set in one glance. Check out my gallery. My stamps are in "flowers, nature, garden, trees, americana, music, tea & coffee, holidays, occasions, backgrounds, words", etc.

stampinupsunshine 04-18-2006 08:45 AM

i think that organizing them in the cubes you can buy from target are a great idea and even putting baskets inside the cube makes it easier that way you can sit them upight and not have to be constantly unstacking them and restacking i have this issue in my closet at this point stuff falling on my head because i have them stacked but i can assure you once I get a way to a super Target i'll be getting the cubes by all means !