Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2005, 06:42 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Open Letter to an Anonymous, Thieving Troll...

Not a good day to mess with me. Call it PMS, call it back-from-vacation-reality-blues, call it rage. I don't really care: Not the day to mess with me!

Dear Anonymous, Thieving, Dishonest, eBay Troll:

Congratulations on earning your 2006 Mexican Reviera Cruise!

While most of the rest of us are enjoying our stamps and running our businesses in accordance with our lifestyle, you have chosen to use eBay to help you finance a lifestyle that you apparently are otherwise unable to sustain. Way to go! Not everyone can summon the personal chutzpah to sign a contract, ignore it, purchase supplies, then sell them to the masses -- all while seemingly able to successfully cloak their identity, no less!

But you...you have managed to succeed in an arena where others fear to enter. The pride you must feel - you've become a sales gladiator amidst a sea a mediocre, art-loving fools! And your cloaking skills...how do you do it? I must say, not since Houdini has there been such a master of elusive capture. You're in company with greatness! It's almost a shame, really: to know that having pulled off this coup that you must never admit to it, never slip up, never be able to tell your "secret sauce" to your contemporaries?

And your incentives! My gosh, those *BONUS* offerings--genius, pure and simple genius! Where do you find the time create these masterful works of assistance? Well, okay. I know that *a few* of those dratted Inspiration Sheets really didn't appeal to the masses anyway (and after all, a gal can't be expected to store *EVERYTHING*, right? I'm there with 'ya, sista'!) But those hand-typed tip sheets! Wow, the creme de la creme of stamping brilliance. And can I ask: how *did* you find time to formulate them and type them all up? Why, I'd think that with the success of your business, the *last* place you'd want to spend any time would be *TYPING UP ANY GODFORSAKEN *bonus* OFFERINGS!

What's that, you say? You didn't? You aren't? You haven't? My gosh! You got them where? ** SPLITCOAST ** you say?!?!?!?! No, that can't be! We're an open forum! We're there to share! We're there to commune! We're there to brainstorm, and stamp, and critique, and try, and fail, and support! We're there to offer up what we have because we know we can't do it alone! We know that if we offer up what little we have to offer, someone else will as well, and so will another, and another, and another! And it keeps going that way - we want to help each other become better stampers and scrappers (okay...occasionally we *really* like to brag, too...you know, when a card or page turns out *awesome*....you *DO* stamp, don't you? Or do you just sell on eBay for the cruise and recognition?)

WHAT?????????? You've taken something I posted? Well...that's flattering, really. Thanks, I guess...I'm glad you found something you thought was useful...helpful. I must say I'm a bit disappointed given your history, but hey: I put it out there, I lose control, right? It's just something I must accept and come to terms with. Just know this: it took me about eight hours' work to do all of those colors. I'd just appreciate if you use it yourself, send it to your upline/downline and *REAL* customers.

YOU DID WHAT? Sent a copy to *MY* customer on an eBay sale? And didn't even have the *decency* to put on it that you got it off of Splitcoast? You just took credit for it? (even though we don't even really know who *you* are!) Wow!

Hey, when I grow up, and I lose all sense of decency...all sense of morals, ethics, and legal conviction...can *I* have a set a brass balls as big as yours? I'd just love to carry them in my purse right next to my tampons!

JUST REMEMBER THIS: What goes around comes around...this I have learned. You have sabotaged *TONS* of us, and you know it behind your smile, laugh, and big wave on stage. Your karma is putrid to the core. We may not be there to see it, and we won't know when, but you'll get yours!!! And if I voice my own personal digust at your behavior: When you are brought to your knees, may it leave you with an extended period of time to ponder what you did in the world to deserve your recompense!!!!!!!!!!!

My document is available by request *ONLY* at this point...and now contains a copyright disclaimer. Requests accepted by PM or email only. ~ Kaylyn Conover

Last edited by Vintage Redhead; 06-03-2005 at 07:47 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #2  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,080 Likes on 860 Posts
Kaylyn: I am sooo sorry to read this post. After all the work you went through to help all of us with the colors on the computer! It was such a magnificent job that you did. You are the best, and for some scum bag on this our own site to steal that and sell it on ebay and pass it off as her own, that is just too much to comprehend! I feel so bad for you and for all of us to have someone like that among us and not to know who it is! That will really put a damper on things and will make sure hopefully that when there is something like that again that it be done by PM's and not by posting on a thread. Again, I'm sorry that this happened to you after your wonderful generosity!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:24 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I am so sorry that happened to you. On a positive note, you can get on stage the honest way as do 99% of the award winners. I know a lot of them personally and they are awesome demonstrators who are willing to serve others.

Again, I hope you have a better day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

That stinks. Unfortunately I've seen this happen way too many times in the online digital graphics community I've been part of for years. Many, many helpful people have made their help paid only.

We can only hope it get a bad case of the runs ;P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:35 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

My original comments no longer apply since the editing of the OP.

Hugs for your frustration,

Last edited by stampingkelly; 06-03-2005 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: No longer applies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Kaylyn,

You need a hug, girl {{{{{{ hugs}}}}}}

Way to go with your post though. You have successfully said everything I have been thinking about all *bay trolls who violate policies, etc.

I thank you for your words!!

Hope you feel better!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:40 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for editing your OP

Last edited by LDSDinks1993; 06-03-2005 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Default What this is all about....

[QUOTE]What is this wonderful "bonus" information you were referring to? I promise that I will use it in the way it was intended. [/QUOTE]

Okay...here is what this is about:

I, along with help via postings from a few other talented SCSers, calculated the RGB codes in Word for all of the 65 current/future/soon-to-be-retiring colors. Using this codes, you can color-match your typed text to your SU! cardstock (that is what I matched it to - less variance than the ink.) That way, instead of always having black scrapbook journaling or custom card sentiments, they would match any color element you choose to emphasize.

Well, some *TROLL* copied the info from my postings here, put it on her hard-drive, and is printing it up and sending it out with *brand new* current stamp sets. My customer (who is also an SCSer) told me about this yesterday, and showed me the actual "BONUS" today. It's the RGB/HSL codes that I posted right here!!!! All she did was keep the "current" color families together, leaving no space, as I did, for the forthcoming new colors. (Which were delivered to my home while I was in CA vacationing with DH. Welcome-friggin'-back!)

What ticks me off about this: I posted this publicly and specifically to *SHARE* it!!!! So did all of the other gals who posted about the CYMB (?did I get that right?) and Pantone valuations. So did the other gals who offered up the colors that they had formulated, ensuring that I didn't have to do all 65 by myself. All I did was fill in the blanks between what I had and didn't have, then tried to offer it up to the masses: why should potentially thousands of us keep trying to do the same thing when we could be stamping, mothering, cooking, relaxing, or having fun? That is a slap in the face to *every* gal who contributed on that thread and I am stunned...just struck dumb stunned.

But for *GOSH SAKES*! It's bad enough for this *TROLL* to be selling on eBay...the fact that she's enticing buyers with "bonuses" that they can get for free?! That just burns my buttons!!!!!

~ K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:48 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Question

Hi!

I am sorry to display my naivity so broadly, but i was confused and had questions. What did the person steal from the posts and sell on Ebay that could earn them a trip to Mexico? This seems odd.

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/ouangel81
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races
Default troll

I am so very sorry that this happened to you. I think that SCS is comprised of a great bunch of people that are always so willing to share their knowledge & know-how. I can't imagine knowingly doing anything that could be considered that under-handed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
On a positive note, you can get on stage the honest way as do 99% of the award winners. I know a lot of them personally and they are awesome demonstrators who are willing to serve others.
And I wish to comment on Robyn's remarks here:

Yes....99% of the women who walk across stage have *absolutely* EARNED the right to be there! They have worked hard, they have been on the phone, kept their customers up-to-date, booked out w/s far in advance and prepared for them. They conduct camps, clubs, and have their own incentive programs. They have earned every ounce of the very small amount of recognition they receive. And I say *very small* carefully here: The thousands of women who have earned the right to their cruises and stage walks frequently just blend in with the crowd, never grandstand, are just happy to receive a pin and stamp set for their accomplishments, and yearn to see their name *once* in OnStage.

My remarks here have been directed at the *TROLLS* (and more specifically, this *ONE TROLL*) who, with fraudulent intent, buy merchandise from SU! and then re-sell it on eBay...or, in another recent circumstance involving another of my customers...sold it on eBay, then processed it as a *Customer Direct* order!!!! ~ K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wink A Virtual Card

Kaylyn,

Here's your "crabby" card. I'm a little busy right now getting ready for our community strawberry festival so I didn't have a lot of time. Once you get it in the mail, you can have fun playing with the squishy gel

Take care
Attached Thumbnails
Open Letter to an Anonymous, Thieving Troll...-crabby.jpg   Open Letter to an Anonymous, Thieving Troll...-crabbyinside.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 08:24 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Default Not a naive question at all....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouangel81
Hi! I am sorry to display my naivity so broadly, but i was confused and had questions. What did the person steal from the posts and sell on Ebay that could earn them a trip to Mexico? This seems odd.
Okay...here is the multiple-part complicated answer to a simple question.....stick with me, it *will* make sense!

1) This person is either a demo for Stampin' Up! or is fronting for one.
2) All demos sign a contract saying they will not sell *current* merchandise on eBay or in any permanent retail location.
3) The involved demo is fraudulently pre-purchasing SU! merchandise; that is, *she* is buying it and either selling it by cloaking her identity or having someone else sell it for her (still could be called cloaking her identity.)
4) Demos earn several forms of rewards throught the Catalog year (July 1 through June 30) based upon sales. These rewards include free stamp sets, free merchandise, pins, travel, a cruise (the destination for which changes annually) plus has a chance for cash prizes if she places in the Top 10 of any one of eight categories (two years ago, it was estimated that the Demo of the Year walked away with $125,000 in cash alone...)
5) Our commissions start at 20% and go up from there; if this is a high-volume eBay seller, her commissions could be as high as 32%.
6) It is well known that eBay sellers of new stamp sets earn cruises...their identities are often suspected, but problems arise trying to legally catch them in the act of contract violation.
7) She didn't actually "steal" anything from me. I offered up something to the masses and she is using that as an incentive for people to buy brand-new, current stamp sets on eBay. I just happened to find out about it and it has me roiling mad...especially with Convention just around the corner.

Hope this makes sense. ~ K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Kaylyn,

It absolutely makes sense, and I share your sentiments. I'm ticked (for you) too. Please PM me with the link to one of her auctions! I have to check this troll out!!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #15  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

I love the crabby card!!!!

The whole thing stinks. But, Kaylyn, remember how many people here you made happy, and will continue to do so. In fact, if this person PM'd you for the info - if you had done that at the start - you would have probably passed it along because you wouldn't have realized it was the troll - and I'm sure she would not be stopped by your copyright disclaimer, if she hasn't been slowed down by the contract she signed!

Try not to let this ruin your day. SHE AIN'T WORTH IT.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Default Ha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose
I love the crabby card!!!!
I do, too! *WAY COOL*!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose
...you would have probably passed it along because you wouldn't have realized it was the troll - and I'm sure she would not be stopped by your copyright disclaimer, if she hasn't been slowed down by the contract she signed!
Touche! Thanks for the perspective - and I think that it really *has* made a great number of people happy. At the very least: *relieved* that they don't have to take the time to do it!

When I cool off again, I'll probably repost the info. I'll keep my disclaimer on it so that potential trolls-in-lurking will at least think (squint, if they actually read it!) before they do something stupid like try to buck the system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Open Letter to an Anonymous, Thieving Troll

Hugs for you.....That is terrible....
On a happier note - keep thinking about all of us who appreciate the work that you did putting it all together and for sharing with us!!! It is true what goes around, comes around. The troll knows in her heart of hearts what she has done...

My Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=25291

I would be delighted if you checked out my blog: http://www.justforfun.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Exclamation

Somehow I missed your 'color code' thread, but I can't even imagine how much work it was to do all that! Even if it was a group effort! I won't even pm you for it though, because I'm sure I couldn't even figure out how to do it! (let alone do what you did to get the info!!)

BUT I absolutely love your 'letter' to the troll! Well said, and I bet it made you feel better too!

Just when you think you've see it all - and they can't get any more outrageous - something like this comes up! Go figure.

Hugs to you! Happy stampin!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 02:20 AM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Well, Stampin Up corporate could do something about it if they wanted to do so. E-Bay has a VERO program they can participate in and that would stop these sales. Or they could order the product from the e-bay seller and trace it that way. There are ways they can stop it.

However not being a demonstrator or having anything to do with the company and be a cynical person I imagine while Stampin Up publicly states that they do not want E-Bay or retail sales they are not shutting them down because these sellers are bringing in a nice profit for the company and therefore their bottom line. And at the end of the day it really is only about their bottom line.

BTW I in no way condone the actions of the people who sell on E-Bay but I think that Stampin Up is not stepping up to the plate to put an end to it and as independent demonstrators you should be angry not only with the troll but also with the company. You may want to put together a group at convention to discuss this and think of ways to force the company's hand and stopping it. Obviously your customer didn't order from you but from the e-bay seller therefore you lost a profit but not Stampin Up. They get the money either way. So what is their incentive to stop it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 03:33 AM   #20  
Mad Swapper

Kaylyn,
I feel your pain! It really does stink to have someone else take credit for your work, and then on top of that receive awards, prizes and other benefits based on that work!

I have a suggestion that might be helpful...or you can throw it out If you are able to create your shared items in a PDF format and then save it in a protected format so that it cannot be edited by some stinky person it might slow that stinky person down. The same way that Stampin' Up! shadows the copyright info in behind the images of stamp sets on the website, you could shadow in your info behind your documents. Yes, a stinky person could still print it out and retype it, but that involves work, something stinky people don't like to do.

(((Hugs)))
Allison
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 03:33 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Kaylyn,
I'm so sorry to read about this, and I don't blame you for being PO'd! Just so you know, it's not just SU where the Ebay selling is going on. We've got a few CTMH ones that seem to not be able to follow the rules also. They're even selling SOTM before they're available to customers! Hopefully, what goes around comes around!
I love the crabby card! I've been watching too much Spongebob with the grandson lately and the first thing I thought of was a Crabby Paddy<G>

Suz
CTMH Sr. Exec. Manager
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 04:03 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

I just finished reading this whole thread.

I applaud Kaylyn for sharing in the spirit that this fantastic website and resource is meant for. I also feel for her that someone with no conscience or ethics has taken advantage of her good will. I hope she finds solice in the fact that her unselfish thoughtfulness helped others.

You took the high road, Kaylyn. And I and others here am very proud to have those like you among all the wonderful SCers who are giving of their talent!!

If there is anything we can do in support of you, please let us know.

Hugs for the good guys!
Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 05:08 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwaytroll
I applaud Kaylyn for sharing in the spirit that this fantastic website and resource is meant for. I also feel for her that someone with no conscience or ethics has taken advantage of her good will. I hope she finds solice in the fact that her unselfish thoughtfulness helped others.

You took the high road, Kaylyn. And I and others here am very proud to have those like you among all the wonderful SCers who are giving of their talent!!

If there is anything we can do in support of you, please let us know.

Hugs for the good guys!
Ann
Well stated Ann. Kaylyn your letter to the *TROLL* was well thought out, articulate, and sincere. I think it was terrific. I'm sorry that she took your hard work and is passing it off as her own. However, this is America and that is what free enterprise is all about. No one said it was right or fair, and I am NOT in any way shape or form condoning it, but that's the way it sometimes works. Some people take the "free" in free-enterprise literally. Just remember that you are a better person than she is. Big {{{hugs}}} to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 05:26 AM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Holy Cow, Kaylyn!!!

I can't believe someone did this! Well, actually, if it's the sneak-bay-er that I'm thinking it is, I can believe it.

You spent so much time on those documents and I have them printed out and have used them on several occassions. In fact, I'll be using in just a few to finish up a baby card.

This person is not only dishonest, but has no morals. How does she sleep at night?

Thank you for all your work and I'm sorry that this has happened to you.

{{{{{Hugs!}}}}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 05:53 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

I hate that this happened to you and am very sorry I missed the thread with the colors. I could have really used that last night as I was trying to make some cards! I for the life of me can't figure out how to PM you so if you are still sharing all your very hard work, I would love a copy. My email is [email protected]. Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:12 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Kaylyn,
Please note that YOU ROCK!!! Also Thank you for the letter to the troll. It was GREAT! I am sure that your words are what sooo many others have thought! I am sooo sorry about all of your hard work that was stolen. Just know that there are people out there that I am sure have used it for what it was meant.
Also, welcome back. We missed you!
;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:13 AM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Kaylyn, I did not have enough time to read all these posts in this thread, but I just wanted to send you a BIG...

{{{{{HUG}}}}}

I honestly don't know what make some people tick. It is like they thrive on dishonesty. I can't even go over to the Bay much anymore. BUT, I love your letter. WOW!! Especially the ending. You go girl!! Do you know who this person is? Did your customer get her name? If so, REPORT AWAY to Stampin' Up!! PLEASE report her!!!!!!!

Anyway... your letter rocked! I commend you for speaking out!! I'm so sorry this has happened to you, but let's all hope "this person" reads the letter & then gets the runs (like someone else said!!)!!!!! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:29 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

If your customer got a customer direct order from her, can't it be traced to that demo quite easily? I would definitely report her, if possible. That chaps my hide too.

I would love the document you prepared, if you don't mind. I solemnly swear I will not sell it or produce it as my own ever at any time. Thanks so much for the work you went to.

Karen
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:32 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you, and pray that the individual is caught.

FWIW, that was a brilliantly worded letter!
~sheri

"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to."
"When we forgive, we free ourselves from the bitter ties that bind us to the one who hurt us."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:38 AM   #30  
Crimping Master

Hi Kaylyn,

I for one am so thankful and appreciative for your hard work in posting the color codes and have conversed personally to you through email about this. You can contact EBAY and report this person. You can show your document, your timeline of posting on SCS and show that this EBAYER has copied your document word of word. I promise you that EBAY will look into it. I had a person on EBAY actually steal my own photo and use it as their own....I reported it and EBAY shut it down in about 5 hours time!

I think your post was brillant...while I read it I was thinking, "Man she has a way with words and can really get right to the ponit!" I loved it and will say BRAVO to you!! I am behind you all the way.

Just know, I am one of many you have helped and for that I send a big THANK YOU again!

Luann McElduff
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:42 AM   #31  
Inking Addict

Kaylyn,

I think you are absolutely RIGHT ON with what you wrote to and about the *TROLL*. I have been on ebay to see what exactly is going on and I was totally amazed at the audacity that some of the sellers have...to offer and sell items that we as demonstrators can't even preorder yet! I didn't know that you could offer an item on ebay to sell if you don't actually have it in your possession. What is with that? I am so very sorry that someone stole your ideas and hard work and passed it off as their own...heck, if they were in school, they'd be suspended or expelled for plagarism. Can you contact ebay and let them know that this person is selling your item and that they stole it?

Hold strong and firm in what you believe. If we all send comments to SU about this, maybe they'll take a harder approach. I know they do around the holidays, so how about all year long! I love being a demo and bringing a quality product to my customers. I also love to be able to share my stamping and scrapping with them and enjoy their company as they do mine...that's what it and, well, this site, are about anyway, right...sharing our craft and enjoying each others "virtual" company?

Thanks for your hard work. I wish I could have seen what you all did. I get sick of printing in black. It would be nice to color match. Good luck to you. I admire your courage and resolve.

Blessings to you,
Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

I guess like a few others I missed the post for the colors code, (I would like to have it to though, promise I won't abuse it!). I'm sorry that this happend to you. Some people now a days just have no morals or beliefs. We all know what is right and wrong, *she* will get what is coming to her though. It all comes back around, may not be right away, but it will.

SCS # 8932
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow!!! I can't imagine how much work that was for you to do - I can definitely understand your frustration! I think it is such a sad thing that someone would blatantly steal your hard work and especially use it to help her profit (not to mention that are profits are essentially illegal).

If someone would pm the link to one of her ebay sites - I'd like to see what she is up to.

Kalyn, I am going to pm to see if you would share your file with me and I will keep it for myself only!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 09:09 AM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Thank you

Kaylyn

I've read all the posts in response to your open letter. And I thank you for posting, because it reminds me of how incredibly fortunate I am (we are) to have this site to share information. (sorry I missed your original post with the RGB # - I'll be looking for it if you post again - for my own personal use!)

And my real reason for responding - in advance - thanks to you and every other SCS'er for sharing what you love so we can love it to.

Patti M

Last edited by Indy_Patti; 06-04-2005 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: Removing an unintentional comment that was way too stupid...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #35  
Crimping Master

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think I'll ever fail to be amazed at the audacity of some people! {{Kaylyn}}, that just stinks :(. I was busy with houseguests and work, so I didn't follow the color thread. I wish I had, because I woud love to have the colors for my own personal printing on vellum and such. Would anyone take pity on this poor unfortunate soul? Pretty please?

Go Seahawks!
Mom to Daniel (9) and Emily (6)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 10:24 AM   #36  
Mad Swapper

Default How could I have missed THAT thread?

I have not been on SCS much for the last few weeks (new baby in the house) ... and I am so disappointed to hear that SO much work went into such an awesome resource ... and then someone has to do something like THIS! That is just sickening!!! :(

I would LOVE to have the list of colors ... if someone is so kind to share. I promise I will not use the the list for anything other than my own personal use!

Hugs to Kaylyn and all who worked so hard on this project!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

WOW Kaylyn!!! Granted, I don't know what you "do" other than SU, but you should write! That letter was rockin'! Good job. Wish there was a way we could all bid on these auctions, win, and not pay....I used to love to ring doorbells and run too! You are right though: what comes around goes around, and wouldn't it be nice if we could be witness?

It's not fair. Life was never this hard for Barbie & Ken
-
unknown

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #38  
Matboard Maniac

I am sorry for what this evil *troll* did to you. Please know how many of us truly appreciate what you and those who helped you have done. It is brutal that credit was not given where it was due. I also somehow missed this post and would love a copy of it. I promise not to misuse it!! [email protected].
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 11:36 AM   #39  
Insane Embellisher

Default troll

All we can hope for is that she reads this and recognizes herself for the snake that she is. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Hope I can figure out how to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

Default Thieving Troll

I hear your pain - I agree, you should be a writer!!!

I have a suggestion. I'm not sure how to do it since I've never been on Ebay but is there a way to post a note there telling this "troll's" customers that they can get the list free just by coming out of the dark side and entering the light of SCS? It sure would take the wind out of her sails if she lost business because customers found out they could get it for free.

I hope you know we all appreciate what you did and the time it took you to do it. Especially, since the majority of us either 1-didn't know how to get the information or 2-were too lazy/busy to do it ourselves.

Take care. Keep smiling and remember what you wrote - "What goes around comes around."
Reply With Quote Likes