Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Notecard folder

Hi everyone -

I'm looking for instructions on making a cardstock notecard folder. It opens as a card would with the envelopes on one side and notecards on the other (holds about 4 of each). Can anyone help me with this one??!! Thanks so much.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2006, 09:56 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

This is the one I was going to make the ladies in my family for Christmas (and didn't get around to it). It looks super easy.
Outside
Opened up
Template

Be sure to post what you come up with! :-)

Leslie in TX
Click here for the scoop!
My itty bitty GALLERY. Comment, please!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2006, 06:31 AM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Here is one I did for my friend's baby shower. Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
I used a piece of 12 x12 paper. If you don't have any, you can use a reguar sheet of CS. Cut the 11 side of the paper down by 1/2" making an 8x10 1/2 sheet of CS. Orient the paper landscape and fold up the bottom 2 1/4", this creates the pocket that will not be as deep as mine but will be fine. Score but do not cut the folded paper at 5" and 5 1/4', this creates a little wide band that will serve as a spine for your card holder. You only need to do this step if the cards you are putting in are embellished or if you do more than 4 cards like I did, it gives you more room to close it comfortably. Otherwise, just score down the middle. If you want to trim yours like i did with a slanted cut, do so or you can put brads, ribbbons or staples on the corners of the flaps if you like. I used a piece of cs for the latch and used a circle of velcro to keep it closed.
Here is the closed view:
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2006, 07:31 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialkx3
This is the one I was going to make the ladies in my family for Christmas (and didn't get around to it). It looks super easy.
Outside
Opened up
Template

Be sure to post what you come up with! :-)

Leslie in TX
This is the one I use and shared with my card swap group 2 years ago (not that it was my original pattern!). They still use it because it literally COULD NOT be quicker to make!

Grab the 8.5x11 paper, score at 2" down the 11" side and at 5.5 down the 8.5 side. Cut a little "v" notch where the folded up 2" flaps meet at the middle. If you want you can attach ribbon by punching holes at either side to tie it closed. The cardstock is just decorated however you want. This is SO quick and needs to template.
Reply With Quote Likes