Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2005, 06:19 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ink pad complaint

I just got my summer order in yesterday, and I noticed that the new ink pads have the new SU designs, which is fine, but the fronts of the pads are no longer labeled with the color of the ink anymore.. it just says classic or craft.. and has the color of the ink.

I prefer to have the name written out too... I don't always have my inks arranged by color families this really annoys me, because I have to now label them all and that is a waste of my time and it makes the pads look ghetto.

Bad move SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 06:25 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I agree with you. I hate the fact that the ink color name no longer appears at the end of the inkpad. I emailed my feelings to SU! and they responded that they can no longer include the ink color name because there is too much other information they need to put in that spot ... something about different languages.

I didn't like their reasoning. Maybe if enough people complain, they will change their thinking. (I'm not a demo, either.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 06:28 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Yep, I think it stinks too. There was a thread on this earlier when the demos started getting their catties. Apparently it's because of the 3 language thing now...not enough room for the color name in all three languages. I made a comment about some moron making a horrible decision and got flamed for it...but if the shoe fits... I too have labelled mine and it does look ghetto...or craptastic as MamaK would say... I couldn't tell my white, vanilla, or black pads apart until I labelled them since their "color" on the pad labelling is BLACK! Oh well, I'm getting over it and I still love SU. No one (or company) is perfect!

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:16 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

I personally hate it also. For now, it's no biggie for me because only the new colours of mine are like that (I have all the other colours in the "old style" pads), so if I see a dark green pad that has no name on the front, I know it's Always Artichoke.

The reasoning is because now SU is in Quebec, Canada. Quebec has VERY STRICT laws about products being sold in their province. Quebec is primarily a french speaking province, and EVERY product sold must be completely labeled in French. Other languages are permitted, but French is mandated. So, that's why they can't list the name of the colour on the front, because it won't fit in English and French, and it would be too expensive to maintain seperate inventories for the US and the rest of Canada, and Quebec.

Hope this helps explain things. It still stinks though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wasn't there a South park song that went along the lines of "blame Canada!" ????

I have only one set of classic pads in the old style, so when I begin to collect them there is going to be mass confusion. That is what I get for being anal retentive.

I wish they would sell those index stickers that they make for stamp mounts for the Stamp pads, so that we can put the names on them ourselves then... that way we can all be happy campers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:31 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I hate it as well. I have not labled my new colors yet, but soon enough Im going to get out the handy dandy label maker and whip up some color tapes for the pads.

Like one of you mentioned, I too have a hard time figuring out which is white, black or vanilla, since they are all BLACK labeling. Its making me nuts.

I don't store mine in their color families anymore (not even close! lol) so I really depend on the end labels. I like being able to look up on the shelf from where Im sitting, and grab the exact color Im looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:38 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I just bought (buy-it-now) on ebay a set of labels for the stamp pads. They fit below the color block on the white area left over. They look incredible. I think a whole set of 61 or maybe it was 40ish something, I don't remember but it was only $5.50!! Well worth the price. She also has the paper pieces to fit in your file folder to label AND she also has the labels for spectrum pads. Check it out! Here's the link~

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtlwsao318

I love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:42 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by outsiderartist
I wish they would sell those index stickers that they make for stamp mounts for the Stamp pads, so that we can put the names on them ourselves then... that way we can all be happy campers.
Now that sounds like an idea I would submit to SU! It can't be as expensive to print out little stickers in the different languages. Heck we already cut and mount our own stamps, I think we can handle putting little stickers on the ink pads.
I would send the idea. You never know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:51 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kas246
I just bought (buy-it-now) on ebay a set of labels for the stamp pads. They fit below the color block on the white area left over. They look incredible. I think a whole set of 61 or maybe it was 40ish something, I don't remember but it was only $5.50!! Well worth the price. She also has the paper pieces to fit in your file folder to label AND she also has the labels for spectrum pads. Check it out! Here's the link~

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtlwsao318

I love them!
Kathy, thanks for the link.

Are her labels 'cut to size' already or is it just a big sheet w/the names and we have to cut them to fit?

I know I could make these myself, but heck if they are already cut to fit, then it would be worth the few bucks to get them from her. Would save me the time from making them myself, cutting them to fit, etc.

Thnx.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 09:04 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by outsiderartist
Great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Why did I not think about that. I think they are made with a label maker. I am going to try that out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh, I had no idea the ends didn't have the names. I only have the old style pads and 19 of the new ones coming with the demo kit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Dang! I didn't know this! I organize my pads by color, not by family. Luckily, though, I had all 48 before, so it'll only be the new ones that will be lame, I guess!
Reply With Quote Likes