Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help w/ demo

Please help! I placed an order w/ a demo that is "new to me" in July. She came reccomended highly from a trustworthy friend of mine, but I am having some trouble. To make a long story short, after some trouble paying her on paypal--through problems w/ her account, not mine, I sent her a check in the mail. She lives in CA, and I in NM. She received my check on Aug. 1, and stated she sent my stamps to me that day. I only have a po box, and as stampin up doesnt ship to po boxes, she had the order shipped to her, then sent along to me. My order still has not arrived, and since the 1st, I have sent numerous emails, but have not received any sort of reply. I have no other means of contacting her, and hesitate to involve my other friend if it is not necessary. I am just looking for any sort of advice on what I should or could do???? Thanks for any help anyone can offer!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 03:37 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you!

Why are you dealing with a demo in a different state? (just curious....there are probably demos that are located nearer to you...)

Has your check cleared through your bank? Do you have any paperwork from the demo?

Is there any way you can check with your friend (the one who highly recommended the demonstrator) to see if the demo is on vacation, or has had a recent family tragedy?

You can call Stampin' Up! (1-800-STAMP UP).

Good luck!!

Kathy
(hobby demo)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 04:28 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Call (800) Stamp Up and just tell them the happenings. They will in turn call and email the demoer plus check to see if she in fact ordered what you requested. The demoer then needs to answer to SU. She doesn't get into trouble (unless she didn't order what you asked :( ) Then there could be some ramifications (sp?). Anyways that is what I would do. It's been too long for you not to receive your stuff. And maybe she just need the extra push to get on the ball. But at least you'll have answers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for the help girls! The whole other state thing happend after she moved there from here...so at one time she lived here, but then moved out to CA. I appreciate the advice, as I am not looking to get anyone in trouble, but just am wanting my new things. Am also looking into finding a demo here in the city I live in...I know there are several here, and am looking to find one who has get togethers, etc for their clients, as it seems that several of them do. At any rate...please excuse the rambling and thanks again for the help!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2005, 08:56 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

OH, I miss Albuquerque so much **sigh** **sniff** **weep**... maybe someday I'll be back...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 12:59 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Hi Carrie. Sorry to hear about your ordeal. It's really frustrating to wait on your new items, I'm sure.

Tracie

Last edited by Sereikastamper; 08-26-2005 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: Violation of TOS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 08:48 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Thanks for the help to all! I finally received an email from the demo in CA now saying she mailed out my stuff w/ my other friends things yesterday. Dont know what the deal was...as she originally said she mailed them to me on the 1st...so hopefully i will have it all this week....we shall see. I appreciate all the help ladies!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 08:59 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrieflanagan
Thanks for the help to all! I finally received an email from the demo in CA now saying she mailed out my stuff w/ my other friends things yesterday. Dont know what the deal was...as she originally said she mailed them to me on the 1st...so hopefully i will have it all this week....we shall see. I appreciate all the help ladies!!!
Please seriously consider calling 1-800-stamp-up even though your items are now (supposedly) on their way (again). I have read the posts of many, many demos here on SplitCoastStampers that show they really do value the customers who order from them, and work very hard to provide 100% satisfaction. I would hate to see this demo, who totally dropped the ball with your order and completely disrespected you as a customer by *lying* to you, have the same kind of demo record with SU of no customer complaints as people who work really hard. I mean, she had the time to take your money, but not the time to be honest with you and order and ship your products in a timely fashion??

Even if she has a very reasonable explanation for her tardiness, she should have been up front and also should not have taken a month!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 04:14 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

Just a side note. I also have a po box and I don't have my normal hostess orders sent there, but I have done some trades with other demos for customer direct orders, and if the demo puts in the po box, su! will ship to it. THey don't like to do it often, but if that is all you have they will. Hope that helps a little in the future.

SMiles!

Cri
Reply With Quote Likes