Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-22-2004, 06:21 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help -- poem? for flooded wedding card

I'm hoping that we have somebody in this group that can help with with a saying for the inside of a wedding card... The bride works at the post office... The wedding was LAST weekend... even though we were declared a disaster area because of flooding... It was supposed to have been an outdoor wedding, reception and campout on what turned out to be the flood plain...
I'm thinking of a gel card (the floods) bride and groom or the cake floating.. and the inside would read something like "neither rain, nor sleet, nor flooding of the Delaware River ??????
Any suggestions?

Maxine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 11:03 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" Gettin' Married would really float my boat!" sorry, its midnite and my brain doestnt function right!! hehe

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 11:43 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh - pick me! Pick me! I can help!

Here's my version of the unofficial postal service credo to use inside the card:

Neither rain, nor floods, nor declaration of disaster,
stayed this couple from the sure completion of their matrimonial vows.

Now for the important stuff - Where in the catskills? My cousins have property in East Durham (aka The Emerald Isle of the Catskills) and another set of cousins have property in Jack A** Hollow which I doubt is the official name of the place but it's the only name I know. Also, I have to say that it seems a little strange that you would be flooded in the mountains - shouldn't the water have run down hill?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 04:18 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Default just add water -

I love your version of the flood saying... It's just perfect . Now I just need to make the perfect card. I saw a Gel card the other day and think that is a start. (shaker card with hair gel inside).

The Catskill Mountains are between Binghamton and Oneonta NY... Where I live is Walton -- It's a tiny little town in the valley... You stand on main street and see nothing but mountains surrounding us.. It is gorgeous -- but every now and again Mother Nature reminds us that she rules... This time it wasn't too bad actually. A few roads washed out, lots of cleaning up to do but no one was hurt that I know of.

Thanks for the flood dittie.... Appreciate it and will post a card when I get it together.

Maxine
Reply With Quote Likes