Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-16-2006, 11:34 PM   #41  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe try going out and buying a bunch of Chatterbox paper and coordinating cs! That way even if you still can't create a card, you can ogle the pretty patterns and colours. I just found a small stash of Chatterbox CS I had hidden away in a convention project folder. What fun!

Helen, did you post your lovely card to your gallery?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 04:31 AM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Maybe try going out and buying a bunch of Chatterbox paper and coordinating cs!
I did something like this a month ago. Hobby Lobby was having one of their 50% off sales for their papers. I bought some of the patterned paper and then matching cardstock. When I got home, I cut and assembled about 30 cards (put the patterned on the solid) so that I was "ready" to make cards should the inspiration hit. The next day (a Sunday), I did the stamping/coloring on the white cs. I left the insides blank so that I could stamp a sentiment when I need to send a card.

I also just made over 30 Halloween cards on Sunday. I really hadn't planned on it, but I came across a neat graveyard stamp from Stamps by Judith that I had bought a long time ago. Now I need to go to the post office to buy more stamps! (I finally used up the last of our .37 stamps yesterday.)

I think joining swaps helps the mojo return. A month or so ago, I joined a Rolodex card swap, then a diecut shape swap... and I'm sending off a bookmark swap today. I tend to make the same design on each item, but it still helps me to come up with other ideas for other projects. (Well, the diecut shape swap was a mindless one... once I decided on the shapes I was sending.)

Kimberly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 04:38 AM   #43  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Er... does anyone have my stamping mojo? Because I seem to have lost it. :( If you find it, can you please return it to:

Bagpuss,
Thatched Cottage
England

thanks!
I'm so sorry you've lost your mojo! I let mine go for 3 months while taking cake decorating classes back to back. Now I'm trying to get back in and I'm having troubles. I did get some new sets, so I'm having fun with those, but still not totally in the groove yet.

I booked a SU! party, so maybe that will help! Hope you find your mojo too. Maybe just keep CASE'ing until you get it back. That's what I'm doing.

Hugs!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 04:40 AM   #44  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
I did something like this a month ago. Hobby Lobby was having one of their 50% off sales for their papers. I bought some of the patterned paper and then matching cardstock. When I got home, I cut and assembled about 30 cards (put the patterned on the solid) so that I was "ready" to make cards should the inspiration hit. The next day (a Sunday), I did the stamping/coloring on the white cs. I left the insides blank so that I could stamp a sentiment when I need to send a card.

I also just made over 30 Halloween cards on Sunday. I really hadn't planned on it, but I came across a neat graveyard stamp from Stamps by Judith that I had bought a long time ago. Now I need to go to the post office to buy more stamps! (I finally used up the last of our .37 stamps yesterday.)

I think joining swaps helps the mojo return. A month or so ago, I joined a Rolodex card swap, then a diecut shape swap... and I'm sending off a bookmark swap today. I tend to make the same design on each item, but it still helps me to come up with other ideas for other projects. (Well, the diecut shape swap was a mindless one... once I decided on the shapes I was sending.)

Kimberly

Um...Kimberly you've just worn me out! On a good day, I'm not as busy as that. LOL. You go girl! Somehow I feel inadequate even more now. LOL!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 04:46 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Mine has been gone since about March. I think I have made 3 cards in all that time. I am selling a lot of my stamps. I love to be on this board and be inspired by all of the awesome talent, but still don't have the desire to make anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:34 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by larue
Mine has been gone since about March. I think I have made 3 cards in all that time. I am selling a lot of my stamps. I love to be on this board and be inspired by all of the awesome talent, but still don't have the desire to make anything.
Don't feel bad!! Maybe you just need a break or maybe to try a new hobby for awhile. Rubberstamps won't go bad (unlike that container of yogurt in my fridge that is now way past its expiration date). Trust me... it happens to pretty much everyone. Could you maybe take a class or something? I started taking a few stamp classes last spring. That kind of helped me get some inspiration. (Well, except for the brayer class. I still don't use it.)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #47  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Helen, did you post your lovely card to your gallery?
Well, it's an almost direct CASE of a SweetMissDaisy original so I don't feel I should :rolleyes: - all I did was change the colours. I WAS going to take a pic of it but DH had taken the camera. So I tried to take one with the all-new and exciting PhotoBooth on my new iMac (thank you, insurance company! ) and it gives you a reverse image. I'll see if I can upload it to this thread - don't feel quite so bad about that as putting a CASE in my gallery. Back in a mo...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 07:01 AM   #48  
Failed Lurker

I'm still struggling with this new computer, so am not sure if this will work. If if DOES work, you'll notice that it's a reverse image as I can't find any software on the iMac to put that right... it's a steep learning curve
Attached Thumbnails
Lost my mojo-mypicture.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #49  
Forum Fanatic

TFS!~!!! You ladies are totally selling me on the warm words? wonderful words? stamp set! It's now on my wish list, whereas before I had nothing but disdain for it.

Don't know if this helps at all, but "After your photo is taken, it will be added to the film reel below the image capture window. From there you can share it, flip it or delete it." Another option is to take pix with PhotoBooth, import into iPhoto, and then edit there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #50  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

TFS!~!!! You ladies are totally selling me on the warm words? wonderful words? stamp set! It's now on my wish list, whereas before I had nothing but disdain for it.
(Over a period of months, that is.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #51  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

"After your photo is taken, it will be added to the film reel below the image capture window. From there you can share it, flip it or delete it."
So you can! Thank you!! Do you have an iMac, too, then? Be careful how you answer because I have the potential to become a pest! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #52  
Stampin' Fool

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's "mogo-less" right now. I had 2 baby congratulations cards to make and finally did them yesterday after forcing myself to stamp a few baby-type images and sit and look at them for a long time, telling myself I HAD to do them before I got up from my chair! Otherwise these babies would be in college before they got their cards! They were OK but nothing fancy. I took out some blue card (both boys), a couple of different bits of blue ribbon, eyelets, brads and played around with them in different combinations. It helped. DH asked me the other day when I was starting my Christmas cards and I told him everyone was getting E-cards this Christmas .... you should've seen the look on his face! He's very sweet - said there would be a lot of disappointed people out there if I did!
I will continue lurking in this thread to see if anyone finds a mogo with my name on it so it can be returned. I will even make a 'thank you' card for anyone who finds it! LOL
Happy Fan Club member.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilly
I will continue lurking in this thread to see if anyone finds a mogo with my name on it so it can be returned. I will even make a 'thank you' card for anyone who finds it! LOL
Hey.... I found it!!!

My address is:

Kimberly Onnen
308 10th St SE
Barnesville, MN 56514

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 06:54 PM   #54  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Hey.... I found it!!!

My address is:

Kimberly Onnen
308 10th St SE
Barnesville, MN 56514

Kimberly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

When I lost my mojo I checked out a really great audio book from the library. I looked foward to the time when I could listen to it. I felt stupid just sitting there so I pulled out my stampin scrapin stuff and worked on it while I listened. I got a lot done, not because I felt like it, but because I wanted to find out what happened in my book. After about a week I looked back on what I had done and was really pleased and excited again. I did all of it without even realizing it because I was so absorbed in my book. It got me working and back in the groove again. So to speak.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Default I'm concerned....

Hi,
I have been reading about your lost mojos and I thought of all my past hobbies I have left. I am the type of person who jumps right in with great gusto and does the hobby to the fullest extent for a few years. Then I just lose interest.

When I started stamping, this thought was in the back of my mind, because I have spent more money on this hobby than anything else I have ever done. I hope I don't lose my mojo someday. It would be so disappointing!

In the meantime, I guess the only thing you can do is give it a rest, then come back and think about your craft...do you want to continue? Or perhaps it was a hobby for a just a period of your life and now it is finished. Time to start something new. Or not!

Denise

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 09:57 PM   #57  
Stampin' Fool

OK Kimberly - as soon as my mojo returns you'll be the first to get a Thank You card! LOL

Quote:

Hey.... I found it!!!

My address is:

Kimberly Onnen
308 10th St SE
Barnesville, MN 56514

Kimberly
Happy Fan Club member.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #58  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

So you can! Thank you!! Do you have an iMac, too, then? Be careful how you answer because I have the potential to become a pest! :mrgreen:
Ummmmm, no, no I don't have an iMac. *edges inconspicuously towards the door*

:mrgreen:

I actually just have an addiction to creating searches on Google.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #59  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Ummmmm, no, no I don't have an iMac. *edges inconspicuously towards the door*
Hmmmm... I smell a rat. And it's not the one the cats brought me on Monday. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 10:53 PM   #60  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hmmmm... I smell a rat. And it's not the one the cats brought me on Monday. :rolleyes:
I try not to think of rats these days, ever since I recently learned that rats the size of cats aren't just a figment of David Bowie's imagination!

I honestly don't have an iMac -- I love custom-built PCs too much these days. Before I got my current system I was considering an iMac, but after trying out a friend's the accessibility (like ways to make things easier to see and read) just wasn't there.

BTW, ever since this thread was started, I'm seeing mojo all over the place! Everyone in the gallery is lamenting their lost mojo! I think we need to call CTU....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #61  
Forum Fanatic

I'm a Glitter Guru, I'm a Glit-ter Gu-ru!! Now to perform some alchemy with my vials of glitter.......Away, hardware, and darken my doorway nevermore!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 12:21 AM   #62  
Failed Lurker

I know what you mean about the accessibility issue - my emails are tiny now. :(

I still think all the mojos are off on holiday or convention together. Or maybe the Dirty Dozen have kidnapped them all! :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 12:22 AM   #63  
Failed Lurker

Congrats on being a Glitter Guru, BTW - that's my next stop. I really don't like glitter, so perhaps I should slow down a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #64  
Failed Lurker

Reviving this old thread to tell you that I think my mojo might be upset and in hiding because I have so many unfinished projects. So today I've been trying to FINISH things! It's an alien concept. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #65  
Stampin' Fool

Glad to hear it. Mojos are such bad things when they run away. I have gotten my mojo back for photography just recently too. That could be a bad thing because I keep wanting more supplies, lol. More stamps and more photography equipment, good thing hubby doesn't know, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #66  
Failed Lurker

My mojo's not BACK - I'm just trying to bribe it out of hiding. Have just uploaded a COMPLETED scrapbook page!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #67  
Pearl-ExPert

My mojo kind of came back...I don't think it's actually my mojo...I think someone took mine by accident and left me their "cardstock collector" mojo...as a result, I've gone back to making cards that don't have much stamping on them. Hopefully the person who has mine (and it wasn't a brilliant mojo so you think they wouldn't mind returning it for a small reward) will bring it back. I'll give them a $1.00 Canadian coin and a box full of paper scraps if they do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

I understand how everyone feels. I started stamping in Nov 1995. Some months I just wasn't into it especially when my job and life in general take over. I don't fret and it always comes back. I like to head to the bookstore or craft store and look at the books and magazines. Then I might find something I must make. Or I spend the day casing gorgeous SCS cards, then I find myself drifting off into my own creations. I used to cross stitch non-stop, but I haven't done that in some time. Eventually you come back to the craft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #69  
Forum Fanatic

Mine had been missing for over a month! I think I finally got it back. I sat down and forced myself to stamp today. (II had just slipped into a rather collect than stamp mode) Now that I've stamped again I realized that it's way more fun to play- and I hadn't run out of ideas afterall.

My gallery really grew this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #70  
Failed Lurker

Glad the mojos are beginning to return at last. Skittl1321, you've made some lovely cards this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2006, 12:08 AM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up VSN Nov. 2006 = good for my mojo

I think the VSN pixies kicked my mojo's butt! Seems it was just what I needed and I enjoyed all of the challenges. I was never like "Huh? where do I begin?!" I just...began! Woot!

But now, my mojo, my iMac ;) and I need sleep!!!

*smooches* to Bagpuss and her returned mojo!

zzzzzz.

.:Cris:.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #72  
Failed Lurker

I think it's coming back... I started (didn't complete, of course) a scrapbook page at the weekend and, although I say it myself, it's pretty fab!
Reply With Quote Likes