Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do most of you view the gallery?

I'm pretty new here, just posted my first card today. I didn't know about the no posting on Sundays unless you're a paid subscriber rule, oops! Anyway, I'm not "getting" the gallery. I'm a longtime viewer/poster at 2peas and I guess I'm so used to their gallery, I'm having trouble acclamating. So, do you usually go to member galleries to view the latest entries? And if so, how do you select to view then? I don't understand the alphabetical galleries, is that SU sets? Duh, I'm sorry, I'm just kinda trying to learn the whole stamping thing and trying new things!

itiswhatitis a blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

On the home page there is a link for all of todays gallery additions. I look at that daily. And I will also go to the gallery to look at cards say for a certain stamp set I own/thinking of owning. There is also a section for anything but a card, there is a TON of stuff there. Everything you can imagine from boxes to altered items. Once you figure it all out you will be so addicted
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #3  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I do it a number of ways.. sometime I will go into a challenge gallery and comment there, sometimes I will just watch cards go by in the gallery - and comment there. I also go to the homepage and go through * today's additions*. I also have certain friends galleries I try to visit fairly regularly - and I'll either do a search for their gallery in the search box ( go back to the second search and click on member galleries and enter the name of the person's gallery that you want to look at - ( and unclick where it says thumbnails. )

Another easy way to comment on a particular friend's gallery - is to find a comment on your card - and from there you can go to that person's gallery!

BTW - I don't do all methods at once!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:46 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

OMG, thanks! I never even saw that section in the middle of the home page. I was clicking on "gallery" at the top right.

thanks SO much!!!

itiswhatitis a blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Welcome! Another thing you can do is go to the forums section and click on General Stamping. There are several threads called something like "Comment-Round 6" or 7, etc. If you click on that thread, then you can go to the last persons gallery and comment on their cards. Then the next person that goes to the thread, goes to your gallery, and so on. It is a good way to see others peoples work, and people can see your work and give you feedback.

Lets see if the link I just made works!!

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwhelanView Post
OMG, thanks! I never even saw that section in the middle of the home page. I was clicking on "gallery" at the top right.

thanks SO much!!!
you can do it that way too... that is how i do it.

i click on gallery at the top and then on the gallery page right below the search is '1 day'... i like to do the '1 day'

also i search according to stamp set name.

sometimes i like to search a certain technique, theme, type of card or tool... just put that in the search on the gallery page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
I do it a number of ways.. sometime I will go into a challenge gallery and comment there, sometimes I will just watch cards go by in the gallery - and comment there. I also go to the homepage and go through * today's additions*. I also have certain friends galleries I try to visit fairly regularly - and I'll either do a search for their gallery in the search box ( go back to the second search and click on member galleries and enter the name of the person's gallery that you want to look at - ( and unclick where it says thumbnails. )

Another easy way to comment on a particular friend's gallery - is to find a comment on your card - and from there you can go to that person's gallery!

BTW - I don't do all methods at once!!
One thing I do if I like a person's gallery is, I'll favourite one of their cards. Then I just use that card as a gateway to their gallery. But recently, I have just added people's galleries to my web browser "favourites" - that is even quicker.
Reply With Quote Likes